Sending an RIF via Royal Mail

NinjaSquirrel83
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes.Im currently selling a P90TR through this forum and Id like to know how I can send this item safely through the postal system.Does this item need to be broken down into individual pieces,ie stock,front reciever,etc,or can it go as a whole,intact unit?Ill be packaging Mags and battery seperatly within the same package,just not sure how to send the AEG?Does the package also need to be marked in some way?

Cheers

Do make sure you send it royal mail though, as RIF's are not allowed to be posted via parcel farce and if you have an issue with parcel farce you will not get compensation.

Send it Royal Mail signed for and you will be covered, make sure you have adequate insurance though. Should cost you about £20 to post it.

It can be shipped in its box in full. When packaging either wrap it the box in brown paper or a couple of bin bags, again well taped down and then do the shake test. If you can feel anything move, unbox it and do it again. I put it in its box, pad box with foam/bubble wrap, and shake, then give box a layer of bubblewrap then either 2 bin bags or lots of parcel paper, tape to within an inch of its life then post it via RM 24hour signed for.;

I have had rif's arrive in bubblewrap in a bin bag (luckilly was ok), some weird cardboard lattice (stock broken) and others. But never had one of mine broken.

Cheers dude.I have sent quite a bit of stuff through RM and I usually go mad with the packaging anyway.Ive got an old RM mail box that was sent to my better half just before Xmas (nice to recycle! :D ) that Im planning on using.Ill make sure its well wrapped and padded.I was intending to use Next day or Recored Delivery,but Ill prob just use Next day as Id imagine there wont be much difference between the two.

• 2 weeks later...

i know the post is old but i just noticed the question of next day or recorded and id say if your selling something always recorded delivery for anything that you cant afford to lose money on since ive known parcels to be left on the door step before. and obviously theres the scam where people say they never got the item. it costs a little bit more but it is worth it.

Archived