help with AGM L96

stevensniper
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, anyone who can help me out with this, my L96 is firing with a really bad drop off (drops at about 50 feet when it can reach between 150-200feet when the hop up is dialled in properly). I used some sort of silicone spray to clean and maintain my inner barrel but I think that it was the wrong stuff to use seemed to have similar properties to WD40 so I think that this has corroded my hop up, does this mean a whole new hop up unit or just the rubber bucking? If so, any recommendations on which replacements will fit and will be the best value for money? And any idea on what mags will fit the L96? Sorru for all the questions, and if you want any pics of the mag or anything to help identify what will be good spares, send me a pm or reply and I'll post a pic up. Thanks

Stevensniper

• Supporters

If it was silicone, then it shouldn't have damaged you hop up. Instead, it's more likely to have pushed silicone and any dirt from the barrel onto the hop rubber, meaning it gets no grip on the BB.

I replied to your other thread too, take the barrel out when you clean it, and clean the hop rubber with warm soapy water, then dry it well. When you put them back together, don't get anything (silicone or water) between the barrel and the hop.

• Supporters

Erm Action Hobbies do L96 mags, but I don't think they fit the AGM one. You'll have to get AGM specific mags, I haven't seen any in the UK.

I will upload a pic in the morning of the mag because it looks very similar to the vsr mags

Thanks very much, I took it apart, cleaned the hop, cleaned the inner barrel and generally gave it a good bit of tlc, works fine now, took a shot at metal canister at bottom of garden, flew straight and true, hit the canister with a satisfying ping, and I put some tape around the hop up bucking as well, so covered all bases, the hop up rubber wasn't brittle or damaged or anything :) thanks for your help, all the best,

Stevensniper

Archived