The Neutral Thread!

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Listening to music that was in charts when I was 8. I miss it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Home for the weekend.

Fitted the Silver-back grips I got for my 19th to my SIG.

The plus -

It looks great.

The bad -

I knocked the decocker off whilst trying to put the grips on. I have no idea how to put it back in place properly, result is the decocker doesn't work. Everything else does though.

Oh, and the laser-pointer doesn't work yet, I'm guessing due to my poor tech skills...

• Supporters

If you find out how to adjust it then let me know. I've still not been able to set it up right after nearly 3 months.

Got them working :D

Only 1 battery works though...

And no mate, I've still no clue how to adjust the aim :lol:

• Supporters

My guess is that you use the tiny little screws on the outside of the laser section, but there's no allen key on earth that's small enough.

The smallest I've been able to find is 1mm and even that's too big.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I feel this thread needs reviving.

I've finally got some money I can chuck around but I can't decide what to buy! I could improve or upgrade one of my 4 rifles, or I could buy a go-pro camera of some description and get some cool video footage on YouTube with the aim of getting a partnership and making loadsa money.

What would you guys do? Gun bits, or camera? My brain is hurting from the amount of back and forth decision makingness.

• Supporters

Get your M16 sorted!

• Supporters

That's probably the most expensive option lol. I want a new receiver for it, an ASCU to give me burst fire, the M5 front end and a stronger spring, maybe a better piston head to improve the compression etc etc I reckon that'll put me back at least £300, probably closer to £400 and although I could afford that it means I'd have to be a lot more careful about budgeting for other things...

The camera idea offers a very small possibility of making me a bit of money at some point down the line, but then there's the chance that I might not really use it because I personally hate watching footage back that has the sight or sound of me on it and I'm also hopeless at editing video footage as I've never done it before, so that makes the camera idea about as viable as the M16 upgrade.

I could upgrade my M14 to DMR spec, that'd probably cost under £150. Or I could get some stuff for my MP5 for around £100...

It's just too damn hard to decide! To feel comfortable doing all 4 options I'd probably have to have about 5k at least...

Brain pain brain pain brain pain...

What I will do though, is buy a sniper hop rubber for the sniper barrel in my L85, do you recommend any?

• Supporters

I'm getting the ARES M16 RIS for my M16 soon, by soon, I mean within the next two weeks or so. Going to stick with the A3 receiver and full auto though, cheaper option..

Maybe get your M14 up to DMR spec then. What FPS are you trying to get it to?

As for sniper hop rubbers, I have no idea. I've never used any, swapped my sniper out for AEG ones pretty much as soon as I got it.

I've heard FireFly hop rubbers are very good though.. What rubber do you have at the moment?

• Supporters
im bored Shogun 2 Total War hurry up and arrive i want to play you like a fat girl love`s cake!

I have Shogun 2 Total War 10/10 for the game, But I promise the wait for it to come will not be as long as the wait on the loading screens OMG the last time I had to wait that long for a game to load I was playing on a Atari 520 :(

Far cry 2 on xbox 360 was one of the worst loading times...

I just had to listen to justin bieber,

Now, strangely I want him to die. :P Is this wrong?

Good...good................Little b****** of a chipmunk needs to die for real and not just on CSI :lol:

Lol I watch this whenever I am sad or angry

• Supporters
I'm getting the ARES M16 RIS for my M16 soon, by soon, I mean within the next two weeks or so. Going to stick with the A3 receiver and full auto though, cheaper option..

Maybe get your M14 up to DMR spec then. What FPS are you trying to get it to?

As for sniper hop rubbers, I have no idea. I've never used any, swapped my sniper out for AEG ones pretty much as soon as I got it.

I've heard FireFly hop rubbers are very good though.. What rubber do you have at the moment?

My M14 chrono'd at about 390 fps on Sunday, I want it up to at least 425. I imagine it's got an M120 spring fitted at the moment, so I figure an M130 or 140 won't put too much strain on the gears. Especially if I'm only using semi, what do you think?

Regarding my L85, at moment I've married a sniper barrel and an AEG hop rubber and unit so nothing really fits right. I can't change the unit unfortunately as there is no alternative for the ICS L85, but I can buy a hop rubber that will suit the barrel better. Sniper barrels have a much narrower hole cut for the hop rubber to poke though so my AEG rubber doesn't really work properly.

I know that sniper hop rubbers will likely have bits on them that stick outwards as well as in and that will create problems, but I have this amazing little thing called a scalpe knife lol.

I'll have a look at firefly rubbers, I've heard good things about them as well, do you know who sells them?

• Supporters

You might want to replace the cut off lever, or whatever it's called. They seem to break/wear down often and fast on M14s, especially at a higher FPS and using semi only.

Fire Support have a selection of FireFly rubbers: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/category.php...4&submit=Go

I haven't looked elsewhere though.

• Supporters

What's the difference between hard and soft rubbers? I never really understood.

I think I'll leave the cut off lever until it breaks, that's the thing that allows semi to be possible right? So when the gun starts shooting auto I know it needs sorting. That's pretty straight forward.

I think I'll go for an M130 spring to keep the stress of the set up down, that ought to let me use it at a larger number of sites as well.

• Supporters

Hard rubbers are for higher FPS, soft for lower FPS I think. Although, I use a soft rubber in my sniper. Also, soft are easier to install.

• Supporters

Yeah I just read up on it, apparently hard rubbers are just more resistant and last longer if you're running a high fps set up. I think I'll go for the soft fire fly rubber from FS.

I've been looking at different nubs as well and the H nub looks like it might be worth getting, but paying £6 + delivery for one seems ridiculous. Any thoughts on how to make one out of something?

• Supporters

Part of the ink tube of a pen? Use something to squash it into shape? It's what I use in my sniper :L

• Supporters

Yeah I'm using an ink tube as it is, squashing it isn't a bad idea.

I might just sand it down into shape. Though I might not need to bother; the bucking I've just ordered is a V shape or something, so I don't know if an H nub would even make any difference...?

• Supporters

No idea about that.. I know that the MadBull X type nub provides far too much hop on my sniper, .40s literally go straight up and land on me..

But then it is designed for AEGs, so maybe similarly shaped nub wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also, I tried using an ink tube nub in my M4 once, and it was too hard and when it shot, the first BB would jam, then two would fire off. And they'd push the hop off as it shot..

Archived