Can anyone help me with iTunes?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi guys,

My sister got an iPod for Christmas and before she opened it I put some music on it so that when she opened it on Christmas day it'd be ready to go straight away.

Now, this all went fine and dandy, but just now she's come and said she wants some Apps/Games, so we've had to make her an iTunes account.

Did that fine, set it all up etc etc.

Since making the account and signing into it, all the music she had before has disappeared. It's not anywhere on iTunes, it's not anywhere on system that I know of, the search function can't find it and when we synced the iPod with the PC to try and transfer it from that, it just deleted the music off the iPod as well.

So now 160 songs are missing and our only option is to upload all the CDs again...

Does anyone know what's happened and how to fix it?

• Supporters

It's because you can only sync an iPod with one iTunes account at a time. So when you created her an account, it removed the other one, which had all the music on it.

It shouldn't have deleted all the music from the PC though, try looking in 'My Music' and seeing if it's there. If it is, go into iTunes, then click File and 'Add Folder to Library'. Find the 'My Music' folder and add that, it'll add all your music to iTunes.

If it's not in the 'My Music' folder, then do a full search for one of the songs, it'll search your whole PC for results.

If you're on Windows 7 then search is in the Start menu, and I can't remember where it is for XP or Vista.

When you want to put more music on the iPod, do it from your sister's account. Log into her account on iTunes and set the iPod up as you did before but with her account, then it won't delete Apps when you add music, or delete music when you add Apps.

first tip get rid of itunes lol i cant stand it personaly.

it shouldnt have deleted it off the pc, are you using the same pc that you originaly used to load the music onto it? as the ipod/itunes will just delete it off the device adn replace it doesnt copy it. also have you checked your own account?

in future copy the music into a normal windows folder first and then copy it into itunes that way you have the originals which you can then just copy the folder onto itunes and you dont need to upload from the cds again in future if itunes buggers up anything.

• Supporters

What do you mean "if iTunes buggers up anything", surely it should be "when"?

• Supporters

I tried doing a full computer search but there's literally no sign of any of it anywhere, we ended up just re-uploading all the CDs <_<

iTunes is good though, it's just that whenever anything goes wrong with it you want to kill everyone and everything around you.

Like, I had over 3500 songs on my PC, which then broke so now it's all on my iPod and because my old PC is dead, there's no way to get any of it back.

Annnd, because some of what I had before was bought from one account, whilst other songs were bought with a different account, it won't let me transfer my music onto my new PC from my iPod because it won't let me get music from two different accounts, or something.

Plus, because I can't update my iPod because it'll wipe everything for the software re-install and that's just causing all sorts of problems, Apps are updating to the point where I can't use them and things like that.

It's insanely sh*t.

So at the minute, I've turned to Spotify whislt I build up my 10 year music collection...

Again.

Archived