Superpowers.

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So, in light of the recent discovery that I actually do have superpowers, I thought I'd ask what we'd all choose if we could be as awesome as me?

Personally, my super power of choice would be invisibility. Invisibility is multi faceted in terms of it's values as a power. You can go anywhere and see anything you wish with much lower chances of detection, and even if you are detected, the perception of others would be their own stupidity or insanity as opposed to acknowledging your existence. It would make for the perfect method by to accrue almost anything else I could ask for.

As it happens, the only superpowers I seem to have been gifted with are the ability to go with only two hours sleep every three days naturally and the ability to lick my own elbow whilst lying down; to all modern villains, terrorists and great natural dangers, I say to thee; checkmate!

I shall call myself, non-sleepy-lick-man, my costume is design-pending but will be sexily skin tight and easy to confuse with bondage attire.

• Supporters

Non-sleepy-lick-man? Pleased to meet you, I'm Think-everything-through-way-too-much-man!

I think the best super power would be teleportation.

Not only would it mean you were never late for anything, but it would also mean you could still go anywhere and get anything and people would still think they were insane for thinking they saw it happen and you'd get off scot free. Obviously you'd have to wear a silly angel or santa outfit for the megalolz, but yeah. It's like invisibility, without the woman's changing room perks, but with added getting-around-really-fastness.

• Supporters

Eventually people may cotton on though; they keep seeing your visage on CCTV cameras, eventually they'll track you down. If you're invisible however, they'll have to look much harder.

That being said, if we're thinking about it carefully, we need to consider whether invisibility or teleportation deposits more forensic evidence being as that, nowadays is what does people.

Invisibility, you're not physically visible, but you're going to be at scenes longer and interacting with doors and such, you would therefore presumably deposit fingerprints and DNA evidence, your clothing may also deposit fiber evidence, hairs fall out etc, so you could in theory be linked that way, though it depends whether the various elements that fall off your body cease to be invisible when they do so.

Teleportation on the other hand would not offer so much interaction, provided say, you could teleport into a bank vault, next to the exact lockbox you wanted to open etc, you'd still have some interaction markers but the chances of you depositing microfibers and dna evidence is significantly lower.

We must then consider that to perpetrate something like a bank robbery for example, you'd be at the scene a fair while. Does the CCTV evidence etc showing your face, outweigh the forensic benefits when compared to something like invisibility which doesn't show your face, but deposits more forensic evidence.

The answer is fairly straight forward. Invisibility wins out. By nature, if your face cannot be seen, then the forensic service must find the evidence that you've been there before they have any idea who you are, thus making it much harder to identify you before they can make comparisons with evidence etc. If you simply teleport in and out, yes, there will be less evidence deposited at the scene, but they will have a face to work on, which will enable them to track you down much easier.

Yep, that's right, you THINK you overthink things too much ;)

• Supporters

EASY Peasy Being able to do some of the damn trickshots that The Green Arrow can pull of but that`s not really a power so SUPERSPEED AND i mean faster than Superman And DASH!

• Supporters

Third time lucky... It keeps saying I'm not logged in when I try and post anything.

Anyway, I have taken all that into account already, obviously. I mean, it is my superpower.

But yeah, if I commit my crimes disguised or with my face covered, they won't have an appearance to go on, just a description of age and build and should they ever actually catch me, I can just teleport away!

Also, what's to say I couldn't rob stuff from America? It's not like I'd have to be there. The US authorities will have no jurisdiction over here, so yeah.

I win :P

Case closed lol.

wouldn't even go to america, check out the dictatorships in africa and south america, most of them work in US dollars anyway, and most of them are so paranoid that they keep them in wads of cash and they only have access to them.

zero "effective" CCTV security

zero chances of being picked up by forensics

zero chances of being extradited

and that's why i'd always go teleport

but i think super strength is also a good idea, trap a Group 4 Security van, rip it open, steal cash from multi-million businesses, leave with very few traces.

• Supporters

I'd just like to highlight the fact that no-one here has actually considered their power of choice for it's use as a tool of good and justice :P

We're all terrible, terrible people :D

(We all knew I was terrible, I'm into ritual sacrifice and that, but c'mon guys!)

teleportation would get my vote go anywhere and can be gone in seconds before anyone realises.

DNA not alot you can do about leaving but at the end of the day unless they have you on file already it wont lead them anywhere but obviously if they do catch you they can connect you to the crimes so always carry some lube lol

finger prints can be avoided by wearing gloves

face/skin colour/hair colour/eye colour can all be covered with cloths and colour contact lenses, hair dye so people give an inaccurate description

obviously they would twig quickly that someone can teleport so you would have to make sure you do it discreetly when not covering your face etc.

ofcourse the downside is you cant perve on hot females however could always get a hot gold digger with all the stolen cash

i would have tele/psycic power, fry and manipulate minds, never touch anything. if i ever get that sort of power the first thing i do is invent the super dropkick.(telekenisis+dropkick)

• Supporters
I'd just like to highlight the fact that no-one here has actually considered their power of choice for it's use as a tool of good and justice :P

(We all knew I was terrible, I'm into ritual sacrifice and that, but c'mon guys!)

Hey, I did mention before getting bogged down in the criminal side of it all that it would mean you could never be late!

lets face it being a suscessful criminal pays better than being a hero

the ability to take an arrow to the knee and still be an adventurer like you...

no seriously though....

FUS RO DAH! would be a fun one.

Oh ?%!# the police are after me.........

Put the gun on the ground slowly..

Ookay i'll do what you say officer-FUS RO DAH!

• Supporters

No.. it's obviously Really Extreme Masturbating.

• Supporters
My ONE superpower would be to have unlimited superpowers, therefore making me infinitely awesome?

Nope Just fecking greedy...

Finius Posted Dec 27 2011, 10:35 PM

Don't see why not

So if im adding this up right that mean`s their`s three of you and your gonna be enjoying yourself more than the lady`s?

Archived