Real capacity magazines

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I think I have made a thread about this before but I couldn't find it for the life of me.

I'm trying to get some mags for my L85 but I can only find box sets of lows, not mids.

I've never been able to overload mid caps, I've usually struggled to actually fill them to their intended capacity, so I'm just wondering if I'd be able to squeeze about 34 or so rounds into a real cap meant for 30?

As I'd rather be able to actually fire a real cap amount and not 26 shots, with 4 left pointlessly sitting in the tube...

Anyone on here actually use lows? Just out of interest.

With my MP5 I bought mids and then loaded them with 34-6 shots as I didn't want to risk not being able to fit 34 into the real caps, but in this situation I can't find a box set of mids, so it looks like it'll have to either be a box set of lows, or buying mids individually at £15 a pop...

redwolfairsoft have a box of magpul mids(75rnd i belive) at £39 last time i looked. which is pretty much the same price if you were to buy the ares box aswell.

I normally use mids with 30-40 rnds so that i dont drop ammo

EDIT: found the link

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=30415

but not 100% if they would work with your gun

• Supporters

I'm not a fan of the Magpul design unfortunately, I just want ordinary stanags but I'd prefer them if they were marketed as L85 mags as a slight guarantee that they're more likely to work.

Finius said he uses Ares L85 magazines, so ideally I'm looking for a set of Ares L85 mids. Would be good if someone who has some real caps, could confirm whether or not they can contain 34+ rounds though, as then I'm happy to just get the lows I've found.

• Supporters

So I need to either make do with only getting 26 rounds off, or find some mid caps?

Alright then, thanks for the confirmation.

Archived