Colt M4 and Variants

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As M4s are probably the most common rifle i thought I'd make them their own topic

so please post you pics ask questions and discus anything M4/M16/HK416/Armalite the works

Here's mine:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63613999@N02/6553855939/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63613999@N02/.../in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63613999@N02/...in/photostream/

close up of wiring etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63613999@N02/...in/photostream/

(sorry about the poor light, will get some better ones after christmas)

• Supporters

Classic Army AEG (first ever airsoft weapon):

P1000831.jpg

TM SOCOM EBBr number 1:

P1000079.jpg

SOCOM number 2:

P1000299.jpg

SOCOM number 3:

P1010697.jpg

AGM GBBr based L119A1:

P1000751.jpg

G&P WOC GBBr lower receivers:

P1020190.jpg

Upper receivers:

P1020242.jpg

Magazines and bolts:

P1020308.jpg

Got enough there Chris? :)

Nice collection, is that a CASV on TM SOCOM No. 1?

• Supporters

Well I'm in the middle of building another AEG and waiting on the Real Sword AR-15s with great anticipation, so I guess that'll be a no. :P

As for your second question, yes it is. King Arms replica, which unfortunately they don't produce any more. It's rather chunky, heavy even without any of the bolt-on rails and ridiculously cold if you don't add a foregrip during the winter, but it did a good job of holding a NiMh back in the the bad old days. Number 3 has a nun-chuck LiPo inside the MRF rail, a bit tricky to setup at the start of your game day but very fun to shoot.

• Supporters
do you have to change anything on your gun to use Lipo?

Nothing at all. There seems to be some myth around them that they'll fry your gun and set your house on fire if you look at them funny, but nothing could be further from the truth, I switched over about a year ago and it was the easiest thing in the world, wish I'd done it a lot sooner. Fact is, electricity is electricity, a 7.4v lipo (which is what I use) gives you a similar RoF to a 9.6v nimh, and any AEG can run a 9.6 more than comfortably, its barely noticeably faster than a bog standard 8.4 pack.

The amount if time I've spent looking at your WOC's :P

Cheers :)

okay well my guns being repaired so will phone them about it

Thanks

C'mon guys lets see some more M4s :D

cheers Marcus :)

BTW was on zeroone looking at lipos and they say try not to use them etc etc

any help?????

BTW was on zeroone looking at lipos and they say try not to use them etc etc

any help?????

Probably because someone might put in a massive lipo and fry the internals. 11.1v will give a huge ROF, a bit like running a 10.8v or even 12v MIMH so you do need some upgrades for that to work.

If you run 7.4v then no changes at all are necessary. I believe you run an ICS M4? Same here, I have a few and all run quite happily on 7.4v lipo with no issues whatsoever.

If you run 7.4v then no changes at all are necessary. I believe you run an ICS M4? Same here, I have a few and all run quite happily on 7.4v Lipo with no issues whatsoever.

Yea mines ICS, so is it simply change the battery or is it more complex?

Component shop sell the batteries with mini tamiya connectors on, so no changes at all needed. Although I'd recommend Deans connectors as being a better option.

All you need is a decent lipo charger. If your current charger only does nimh then DO NOT use it for lipos, you need a charger designed for them. Imax B6, Turnigy Accucell get good reviews.

Holy **** CKinnerley.

In 6 years, i wanna collection like yours. How much do you think you've invested into Airsoft? As soon as i get my snakes sorted next year (£250 hopefully). Then i'm going to concentrate on Airsoft. No real point as i can't get RIF til April 2013. -.-

• Supporters

Total investment since I started back in 05? Well, I did a very rough add up around a year ago on arnies when a thread popped up and I think it was about 12k back then, now... maybe 18k? That really is a totally ball park figure, it could be 13 it could be 20, it's nigh-on impossible to get an accurate amount. I only really started spending properly around the start of 2009, but it'd take literally hours to try and do a proper calculation, and there's no way I'd be able to factor in all the shipping and customs charges I've incurred over the years.

Total investment since I started back in 05? Well, I did a very rough add up around a year ago on arnies when a thread popped up and I think it was about 12k back then, now... maybe 18k? That really is a totally ball park figure, it could be 13 it could be 20, it's nigh-on impossible to get an accurate amount. I only really started spending properly around the start of 2009,

I remember seeing your post and nearly weeping,thats a hell of alot of of money

Great to see so much Olive Drab furniture as DE seems to be the current fashion. I have a some like that myself - when I get time I'll take some pics. Although that said, I find a lot of parts (especially ACM replicas) easier to source in DE so have a couple of DE uppers now.

• Supporters
but I mean c'mon guys its airsoft :)

Chris how many guns overall?

14 primary weapons, 6 sidearms. I think I've probably spent at least (if not more) money on gear though, and lets be honest anyone can up their numbers by sticking purely to <$100 chinese clones, so it's more about quality to my mind. Building pieces that are a bit interesting and different.

Great to see so much Olive Drab furniture as DE seems to be the current fashion. I have a some like that myself - when I get time I'll take some pics. Although that said, I find a lot of parts (especially ACM replicas) easier to source in DE so have a couple of DE uppers now.

Well yes, FDE is certainly the fashion what with the big wars of the past decade having been fought in hot places, and desert colours are all the rage. OD does look good to my mind and I've enjoyed using something that's a bit less commonly seen, though I've pretty much got enough guns in that colour now so I probably will put a few things together in FDE/Black next.

Look forward to seeing your kit. :)

• Supporters

lol, don't start me on that thing, it was a mistake being an early adopter there. The full/complete KWA version is fine and I may actually buy one, but I sure wish I hadn't dived straight in with the kit. Cool toy, but I've never made any real use out of it as it's got a couple of annoying little problems I just can't fix.

lol, don't start me on that thing, it was a mistake being an early adopter there. The full/complete KWA version is fine and I may actually buy one, but I sure wish I hadn't dived straight in with the kit. Cool toy, but I've never made any real use out of it as it's got a couple of annoying little problems I just can't fix.

haha! well at least you're not short on guns,

BTW as par PM do you know a M4 RIS that'll fit a small nimh in it?

Cheers

Archived