importing airsoft guns from hongkong etc..

joel-dezo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi there im new to airsoft and skirmishing,

i found a website selling airsoft guns at a good price, some are clones and some are the real brands.

they sell all sorts or airsoft guns, i just wanted to know the law on importing one i think their based hongkong if this helps.

all their guns are advertised in full black, green and black or tan etc.. im not ukara registered and a couple of years of being able to get one if this helps, so if they can two tone the airsoft gun whats the chances of it being seized at customs and what not.

i read some where that the airsoft gun your importing has to have a power of likes 0.8 joules equivalent to about 330 fps? or under

if its over the energy limit will it get seized?

anyhelp would be appreciated!

also the only reason im looking at importing is because im on a budget, looking for a gun to skirmish with 1-2 times a month. so i dont want to spend £100's on a gun that wont be used on a regular basis

• Supporters

I think the legal limit for full auto is just over 370 FPS and single shot is 520 FPS on .20g BB. Anything over those is classed as a fire arm, so that'd get you in a lot of trouble bringing into the country..

thanks for the fast reply, do you have any idea of the charges by that i mean the tax that will be put on it?

and i was told if a person over the age of 18 purchased a airsoft rifle as long as it was two tone it would be fine to give it as a gift to a person under the age of 18?

Thanks for the replies! :)

charges: import duty plus handling fee, so 20% plus about £13.50. Postage charges are normally available from the website you are buying from. If buying from the EU you do not get these charges.

Yes it is fine for an adult to purchase a two tone rif and then gift it to a minor.

To be honest it would work out cheaper for your adult to buy a two tone from a UK company, as the price you will save will be minimal. Action hobbies, airsoftworld sell decent two tones and zeroone will two tone any gun they sell.

Skirmishing 1-2 times a month is more than most do, I am lucky to go play every 6 weeks or so. If you tell us your max budget, and if this includes all your accessories including clothing etc, and what type of guns you like then we will be able to point you in the right direction.

• Supporters

Yeah but the only reason we don't all go skirmishing every weekend is because we're always saving up for new improved gear to take when we next go :lol:

charges: import duty plus handling fee, so 20% plus about £13.50. Postage charges are normally available from the website you are buying from. If buying from the EU you do not get these charges.

Yes it is fine for an adult to purchase a two tone rif and then gift it to a minor.

To be honest it would work out cheaper for your adult to buy a two tone from a UK company, as the price you will save will be minimal. Action hobbies, airsoftworld sell decent two tones and zeroone will two tone any gun they sell.

Skirmishing 1-2 times a month is more than most do, I am lucky to go play every 6 weeks or so. If you tell us your max budget, and if this includes all your accessories including clothing etc, and what type of guns you like then we will be able to point you in the right direction.

thanks pal, just checked with the website and there shipping fees, and looked at a couple of your recomended websites and the costs would come about the same.

originally i was looking at a ARMY L85, its electric blowback that what drawn me to it haha and also you get the battery and charger with it(prolly not the best would do for me though) also a ARMY M4.

not sure whether these are knock off or an actual brand.

i was looking at these because they was around £100 and the batteries chargers was included with some models, also they was full metal recievers and some other metal parts including full metal interals.

Since im not going to be purchasing my own airsoft rifle until the new year ill have another look around, maybe see what i could get second hand.

the website im looking at is AirsoftPanda if it helps.

As for clothing i was going to get some flecktarn camo's from militarymart, purely because i would be able to purchase a complete camo set for about £20 used or £30 new

thanks for the reply, Joel.

pretty sure army is rubbish, but stand to be corrected. Batteries and chargers for imported guns tend to be very cheap. You are better off buying a charger and batteries from somewhere like component shop, which will last and last.

• Supporters

Big plus with buying in the UK: Warranties and returns.

China made guns have improved vastly over the years, but their Quality Control (QC) processes and consistency are still not on a par with the higher end brands; obviously this being a bi-product of using such a low paid labour force. ACM companies like Army, JG, CYMA, DBoys etc will pump out a few lemons, and if you've bought your rifle from HK then you're in to a real mess and hassle trying to get it sorted should something go wrong.

As for the batteries and chargers that come with some guns.. they're no use for anything except chucking in the bin, don't even risk burning your house down/frying your weapons electrics by using that junk. I mean yeah, I'm sure some people use that stuff and it's, but is that a safety risk you're willing to take? I'd sincerely hope not, if you are, then you're in the wrong sport because safety is absolutely paramount beyond anything else.

• Supporters

Much as I hate ever advocating that anybody gives their hard earned money to Z1, that seems to be about the best price you'll find, and though I don't own any myself G&G have gained a good reputation recently.

I'd recommend googling a site called 'component-shop' for batteries and chargers, great store for all that kind of thing. I get all my batteries and related kit from there these day.

I'd recommend googling a site called 'component-shop' for batteries and chargers, great store for all that kind of thing. I get all my batteries and related kit from there these day.

thanks pal, another member recommended i looked at this site aswell, and yes iv seen that G&G have gained a reputation with newbies haha.

when it comes to me making my purchase i think ill go with them, or try and get one second-hand with a few mags!

thanks for you reply! Joel

• AF-UK Founding Member

+1, we recommend them all the time.

CK if you were wondering whether adding links was a bad idea and what not then don't worry about it, we're easy here :)

• Supporters

The Moderaters can close threads on request. Though there's a chance this might be something other people might have similar questions about, so in this case it'd probably be best left open.

Archived