Bedding In new guns

Exprit70
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere but I couldn't see anything obvious in the search.

Recently purchased 2 new G&P M4s. Stated FPS was 300 for one and 350 for the other. Have now put about 1000 rounds through each (mostly on semi auto) and they are still chronoing at 400 for the first and 415 for the 2nd. Will these drop dramatically more after a few thousand more rounds? Should I be bedding them in on full-auto? Should I be looking to change the springs?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

recently found this myself when my ICS m4 was doing 370fps average, cured with an m90 spring which makes my m4 do 330fps +- 3fps... ideal for most sites.

your guns will do perform better with downgraded springs, mi e feels much smoother and seems to have an higher ROF.

Archived