What would you do?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As some of you may already be aware, I was planning on buying an ICS L85 and spending about £250 on external parts to make it look like our Army's Afganistan set up, with ACOG, Hornbill mount, DD RIS and foregrip.

But because I'm an idiot and can't help myself I was just browsing around for spring snipers and I discovered the TM L96 AWS, which is just pure awesome, largely because the mag position is actually in the right place.

I figure buying the TM and upgrading it will probably cost about the same as the ICS L85 and adding the external bits to it, so I'm just wondering what you guys would do?

On the one hand it would be awesome to kit out an L85 as I've not seen anyone else do it yet, at least not at my site, but on the other hand, I'd love a decent sniper and the TM fits the bill perfectly. Plus my site is sniper heaven...

Really hurting my brain trying to make a decision...

• Supporters

I think the L85 will be more applicable in most situations, I can adjust the FPS for woodland or CQB and there'll be no minimum engagement restrictions. But, I'm unlikely to go to any new sites any time soon so that's a pretty mute point...

If I get another AEG I'll probably never use my MP5 again where as if I get the sniper it'd be a good back up. Plus a sniper would basically turn me into an unseen reaper at my new site, I managed to epically ambush people without even hiding or wearing camo last time I went, they just strolled up to within 10ft, completely oblivious to me, so if I had a sniper I'd be untouchable lol.

Really need to know more about how much it'd cost to fully upgrade to 500+ FPS though, is it easy to do yourself with no experience, or what?

I might not be able to afford the sniper once I've taken all that into account. At least I know I can totally cover the cost of everything I want L85 related and I've been planning it for quite a while as well...

• Supporters

A fair bit. the tm l96 is supposed to have problems with the feeding system jamming/breaking, i've not really looked into it much, just what ive heard

I'd go l85, if you spend the right amount of money it'll shoot great and have good range anyway

well look at it this was;

with the L96 you can kill from range

with the L85 you can kill from long, medium and short range

you could then sell your MP5 and get a cheaper sniper if you really want one

• Supporters

The VSR is a much better platform to build a decent long range rifle. The TM L96 really hasn't taken off at all, I've not exactly read up on the issues with it but it definitely has some. Also the after market parts support is tiny compared to the more established systems out there, and that's something you have to really seriously consider.

So yeah, if you want a british weapon go with the ICS 85.

• Supporters

I was starting to sway towards the L96 in my head until I just read through your comments.

I've been planning to get the ICS for a lot, lot longer, so I guess it was stupid to even consider buying a sniper without looking into a lot further.

L85 it is then, cheers guys.

• Supporters

Yup, I've purposely not looked on any airsoft sites at anything other than the ICS L85 for about 3 months in case I find something else to make me change my mind.

I gave up on my own ban earlier today and here I am wanting this sniper lol. It's a damn curse, I swear.

Archived