Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

My son is desperate to go airsofting but he can do it for a couple of years because of age limits at my local site. The other thing is that my ex wife doesn't like him being around guns so it would have to be done without her knowledge. Still I've got plenty of time to come up with a cunning plan lol

• Supporters

When the time comes, how will you explain the chicken pox type marks all over his bod ?.

While I feel your "pain" (theres always family members against kids playing & who just don't get "it"), being sneaky about him playing eventually is almost guaranteed to backfire, better to get her onside somehow, maybe bring her along ?

Good luck mate, took my lad to his first game at 10 (he's 21 now), & his grandparents still get arsey every time he plays😉

That won't happen mate. He went on a week school residential and one of the activities was air rifle shooting. When she found out she told the school he wasn't allowed to do it. That meant the poor kid had to sit there and watch all of his class mates doing it. I was livid but could do nothing about it apart from let him go full auto with my rifle on some stuff in the back garden. At least that was something the rest of his class didn't get to do lol

There were a lot of things my parents were anti, shooting being one of them (lost family members to the ra in NI), but they were happy with archery and laser tag, maybe that's a gateway for the ex and your wee one?

Could be but she will never let him be around guns but I could try laser tag and archery and she has let him do archery in the past and see how it goes.

Depends on what her objections are. Does she think he could hurt himself or does she have moral objections? I would understand if we were talking about access to actual firearms. A nephew of mine wasn't allowed toy guns as his mother thought it would encourage him to be violent.

My son will be old enough to start playing next year. I think it is a great way to teach him responsibility and how to take acceptable risks. More importantly, it's great fun and I will get to spend time with him sharing a passion of mine.

With his mum it's more a moral objection but she does tend to be over protective so with airsoft it will be the idea that he might get hurt.

• Supporters

Moral objection to what?  (Would be the question)

These are low powered toys that are far less dangerous than bows & arrows, or baseballs bats, or a cricket ball thrown at high speed, or a billion other things.  Which in turn of course, makes it objectively illogical to have a fear of airsoft but not archery.  Guarantee the issue is the look of RIFs, but the aesthetic is quite literally the only 'scary' thing about them.  

There's never any logic to her opinions lol. She won't even let him have NERF guns at home, they have to stay here though she begrudgingly lets him use them. 

• Supporters
On 13/10/2018 at 14:08, Jester_UK said:

There's never any logic to her opinions lol. She won't even let him have NERF guns at home, they have to stay here though she begrudgingly lets him use them. 

Some people just don't like guns. Nothing you can say or do will change their minds. End of the day if it's something the lad wants to do then you should absolutely take him along. If anything, she's only making him want it more by banning it completely. He'll get to a point where he'll just ignore her and do it anyway - might as well have you there to show him how to play responsibly! 

My time in the marine cadets and the TA taught me alot about safe handling of weapons and as I let Alex fire my rifle in the back garden he already knows range safety drills, trigger discipline etc. If I do manage to my local site he will be in for a bit of a shock as even airsofting is alot harder than playing the call of duty games lol

Quick "tournament" kit update (used it at the national finals this weekend)..

Still my Helikon TMR

Still my emerson belt

I just swapped the crappy af emerson plastic mag pouch for a really nice WAS 5.56 mag pouch in proper multicam..

right side's still empty, as i'm still trying to find mags for my kwa g19.. As soon as i get a pair i'll look for a decent holster and replace the single OD pistol mag pouch with a condor double pistol mag pouch in MC.. and add a knife (a real one) to the belt, because i can't stand being in the woods without a knife. i just need to attach it to the belt somehow..

P_20181016_113000_vHDR_Auto.jpg

My two main load outs:

Crye Precision MultiCam AVS and Crye Precision BlackKit, with TM M4 MWS GBBR and WE Glock 19. Yet to use this vest as currently use the Crye Precision JPC 2.0...

...which is also pictured along with my Crye Precision Custom UKSF MultiCam kit. 

Various trinkets and accessories pictured too, natch... 

RS kit includes: EOTech 556 and 3x Magnifier, Trijicon ACOG TA01, S&S Precision V-Lites x3, MS2000 strobe and Adventure Lights VIP strobe, GG&G foregrip plus MagPul parts on the M4, Surefire X200 on Glock 19 in a Crye Precision GunClip, CAT, Oakley gloves. 

Replica kit pictured includes an Element DBal, CAT x2, FAST Helmet with OPS cover and replica strobe lights on sides. 

IMG_20181020_220226.jpg

IMG_20181020_225626.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here it is. It's mostly cheap stuff from Ebay, i've since dropped my rucksack in favour of a MOLLE on water bladder pouch. I'm planning to buy a new AEG and get an Osprey MK4 system. Not losing my shemagh though... I love it.

20181027_181556.jpg

20181027_181625.jpg

Is that supposed to be vegetato? 😂