Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

13 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Where did you get the lumberjack UBACS?

Got it off of patrol base about 30 quid 

5 hours ago, Skara said:

It's the airsofter's natural progression:

At first he plays with nothing but the gun and a couple of mags because that's all he can afford.

Then proceeds to buy all sorts of stuff, plate carriers, pouches, tons of mags, optics and what not.

The ultimate stage is back to gun + a couple of mags because the rest of his gear just slows him down.

Yep, I think everyone can relate to that.

I tried a few things. Didn't get on with RDS due to astigmatism. 4x32 sight is of some limited use, however if I'm honest I prefer no sight at all, and so do my arms that thank me for the weight saving. Don't like foregrips and don't have any use for lasers or lights, so they're out. Slings are a pain IMO, just can't get them right. Not interested in bangs so don't carry them either. My assault vest is a good all rounder however it's still got way more pouches etc than I'll ever need. That's why my new armour that I'm building will be very stripped back, I plan on using an old belt that I had with my DPMs when I was a cadet and MOLLE'ing a couple of STANAG pouches onto it. That's all I'll have. Slick, light and practical is the aim. After looking sci-fi tacticool of course.

Kudos to that WW2 chap above. And smoking a pipe, that's dedication. Did he turn up in an Austin 7?

6 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

Finally remembered to take a pic while out. I'm definitely in the "premium" stage of my kit 😂 Though the ghillie is crafted, I'm using a Viper concealment vest base, some jack pyke stealth camo hide net, and some raffia and fake plants. I've had people walk right past me when I'm low to the ground. Using some jack pyke digicam soft shell clothing, which is decently warm and waterproof, and seems to be a good camo pattern though possibly approaching a bit dark for this time of year. Also a digicam balaclava that's been cut up and attached to my mesh mask. A simple kombat chest rig with their molle yoke for holding my knife and comms, and a hydro pack on the back. It's a nice lightweight kit with a surprising amount of space for things. Also a drop leg dump pouch, no idea what brand, I just bought it of some guy. Not pictured is the tactical bum bag, very handy I must say. 

Gun is a nuprol ak21, all the compression and hop parts have been changed, and it's getting new gears, motor, and mosfet soon. Pretty nice so far, it throws 0.36s out to a bit past 60m at 1j. Also a hawke 3-9x scope, really nice for woodland I find. I can track shots through narrow gaps in bushes easily, and the little rmr on top means I can be reasonably quick at close range. It's covered in jack pyke tough tape. 

Ah, so that's you. I now have a face to a name! Good to hear the ghillie is working out for you; everyone thinks you need a super-milsim-crafted-all-over-KMCS-leaf-suit, but the concealment vest and good camo and concealment practice (mostly just... staying still!) is super effective in airsoft.

11 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Bargain-bin S95 DPM + cheap hat and gloves off Wish + used/boneyard Viper skeleton harness.   ESS goggles, Tigris mesh mask.  Kombat UK universal holster. A couple of SA80 pouches, and a cheapo fast mag holder for when I'm in a hurry :)  (Got 4 of those on the way from that there China)

Works alright!  Just wish the DPM could hide my belly a bit better ;)

image.png.c9c84b3c4a68986508c424eeecf9fe54.png

Mil-Tec plate carrier mate. Will tuck right in, trust me 😉
+ nothing there pal haha 

Edited by RonLancs

2 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Now that's good camouflage. 

Thanks! Taken a lot of practice and it's why I tell people who want to start sniping to master it without the ghillie / leaf suit first. Sometimes I practice in plain black with short sleeves during summer both to get a tan and also to sharpen my fundamental camo and concealment skills :D 

35 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Got me scouring the SCG site.  Guessing you have the autumn variant of this?  http://sc-ghillie.pl/index.php?action=view&pid=65

Nope. I have the next gen multi-season one. It's just brilliant and legitimately works in multiple seasons (though my local site has quite a few evergreen plants):

https://www.longbowbb.co.uk/product-page/scg-next-gen-halo-multi-season-rifle-wrap

At some point I'll buy one of their full suits because I'm super impressed with the gun wrap, but at around £550 all in, that day is not today. Especially not after the amount I've spent in the past two months! :P 

Seriously, that's one of the best ghillies I've seen around.

I've got a Chinesium one off eBay, a mate got it and gave me it as he wasn't a fan. Never used it as it has a weird fishy smell, it's a bit big for me (as in chuffin massive) and I'm not a sniper anyway - don't have a sniper rifle and I prefer to be mobile. However, makes me tempted to try. Maybe sell the M4 and buy a nice SL8 or summat...

...nah, actually scrap that. Mrs. Eezer Goode would flip her shit if I bought any more airsoft stuff...

1 hour ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Never used it as it has a weird fishy smell

My concealment vest had an odd whiff to it, but a week or so hanging up seemed to get rid of that. Now it just smells of paint and dirt 😂

as in chuffin massive

Not a bad thing if you trimmed it into a viper/cobra hood. Just something that'll fit over the top of your gear for a bit of extra concealment. You can use it as a base to attach a mix of dyed raffia and jute, maybe some fake leaves, or add bands for the real stuff. Just that outline breakup is such a step above even proper camo colours.

Also, you don't have to be a sniper. It will depend on you fields, but personally I'm using a "1j DMR"  build which works great for denser forest. 

Seriously, that's one of the best ghillies I've seen around.

You may have seen a video of a ghillie guy with a bird on his head and gun. That guy plays at our field and last Sunday I was about a foot away from taking cover on him as I thought he was the fallen tree he was sat behind. Absolutely amazing leaf suit. 

Edited by Badgerlicious

ready for the cold  

my stuff:

FMA bump helmet w/go pro & external battery counterweight

Revision Sawfly glasses

Viper VX chest rig w/ dangler pouch and elastic mag sleeves

Belt order: kydex holster (waiting on mount), Tasmanian Tiger taco pouches, TAS dump pouch and a small utility pouch.

Mechanix fastfit gloves

asolo fugitive gtx boots

winter loadout 1.jpg

• Supporters
On 24/11/2021 at 20:16, Wavey_Gravey said:

“Kangaroo” positioning for the dump pouch is hawtness, best place to run it IMO.

It does look like it was made from an old gas mask satchel though.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

It does look like it was made from an old gas mask satchel though.

I can see that, it is this one though https://ukmcpro.co.uk/products/viper-vx-dangler-pouch?variant=16063450021931

Honesty I'm not a massive fan of how it looks either but it's super practical which is the main thing for me.

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Reverie said:

I can see that, it is this one though https://ukmcpro.co.uk/products/viper-vx-dangler-pouch?variant=16063450021931

Honesty I'm not a massive fan of how it looks either but it's super practical which is the main thing for me.

What's it like inside? Is it divided, can it take velcro organisers? It does look like an actual useful size so I'm intrigued, especially as they've designed it to be roll up and stowable!

17 minutes ago, Lozart said:

What's it like inside? Is it divided, can it take velcro organisers? It does look like an actual useful size so I'm intrigued, especially as they've designed it to be roll up and stowable!

It's not divided but does have velcro on the inside so you could add organisers. You can definitely fit a lot of shit in there, I've put a hi-capa in there before when I forgot my belt. I've also ran 3 m4 mags in a sleeve, wasn't the quickest reload ever but it let me run 9 mags in a small set up.

5 minutes ago, MagpieTactical said:

I run the Viper Scrote pouch as my dangler as I preferred it to the Viper Vx one shown above

that does look better IMO. Can you fit a four pack of beer in yours though? 😁