Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

I've been tempted to make some sci fi armour myself in the vein of Halo/40k/Starship Troopers/Aliens.

Do eeeet. We're all LARPing to some extent, we might as well do it with gusto.

EVA foam really is super easy to work with, and cheap too.  You can find patterns online: pepakura templates, Facebook groups, or buy them on Etsy if you can't find anything free.  I just did my own templates for that using parcel paper and sticky tape, the only shaped joins there are on the shoulder pieces, and that just takes a bit of trial and error to figure out the curved cuts required.

The whole thing is painted using about £2 worth of acrylic, you can do it on the super cheap.

Smart pics mate. Good job on that armour. I'm away to buy a load of EVA and carve up some sci fi kit.

Going to concoct summat fairly simple, might add arm and leg pieces. Nothing too intricate or bulky as I need to run about the forest.

Getting the sketch pad oot when the bairns are in bed.

On 02/11/2021 at 22:43, Rogerborg said:

More pictures have just gone up on my site's site, reposting here for dopamine hits (and because the weird lighting on the last one made my face look like Red Skull).

image.png.d71e0f73de1187c9a1674362ef585aa1.pngimage.png.4188a2a8354f959f62ebe70ad769e2ac.png

Damn, but I look so purposeful, and so expendable there.  Horny xeno girls all want Guardsman-senpai to notice them.

May be a cartoon of 1 person

Ooer missus....😉

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Smart pics mate. Good job on that armour. I'm away to buy a load of EVA and carve up some sci fi kit.

Going to concoct summat fairly simple, might add arm and leg pieces. Nothing too intricate or bulky as I need to run about the forest.

Getting the sketch pad oot when the bairns are in bed.

Nice one, I'd love to see what you come up with.

I agree with keeping the bulk down, I trimmed quite a lot off of my original templates in order to get full mobility and articulation. In particular, torso armour needs to be truncated or articulated if you intend to crouch or bend.

2 hours ago, Shamal said:

Ooer missus....😉

Me, or the horny xeno-girl?

You know what... let's preserve the mystery.

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

@Rogerborga wee question for you. What's the best EVA to get? Sheets or a roll? And what thickness?

Looking on Amazon and there's plenty there. Sketching away this weekend.

Cheap as chips floor mats. Check your local DIY store for deals on multipacks of it. Just use the "back" side outwards (a lot of it will have diamond plate patterns embossed on).

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

What's the best EVA to get? Sheets or a roll? And what thickness?

I used 7mm rolls, commonly sold as "anti-fatigue" mats.  For example: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333562735362

7mm doesn't sound like much but it's robust enough and easy to cut and shape with a heat gun, and is ideal for what I've been doing with it.

I've got some square panels as well, maybe 10-12mm thick, which would be fine if you wanted to make big, solid, structural shapes, but I've not needed to use them.

The 7mm mats sound ideal. Plenty spare and not too thick so easy to mould into shape. Also still able to feel hits.

As I said nothing too elaborate. Have sketched a basic torso design that stops just below the ribcage to allow for movement. Considering some form of scrote protector that hangs over the front for some basic protection against hits to the baws (not happened yet and want to keep it that way...) Shoulder protection attached and basic forearm and leg pieces. Then paint it all in OD to match the rest of my loadout. Might add a couple of decals to finish off.

Doing my research before hitting Amazon, Ebay or B&Q in the coming days.

• Supporters

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  7mm of EVA does a great job of taking all the sting out of hits, and you can usually still hear or feel them.  That's in CQB, mind, and I have had some issues with God-mode.  I doubt it's worse than folk wearing plate carriers or thicc staxxs of mags, it's just a lot more obvious that you're "armoured". So when I'm wearing it, I over-call hits. If I so much as see someone pointing a finger at me at close-ish range, I'll call a hit, rather than get a reputation for dodging.

30 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Wee bit of cowboys at fireball and my regular club skirmish.

The face mask and eye wear combo looks really clever/interesting, what is it?

Guest nemokingdom

Got a lot of new stuff recently, switched from a plate carrier to a micro rig and almost finished my helmet set up.

Also, currently looking to upgrade my belt to more rigid shooters belt. I've tried larger battle belts but generally found them too big, if anyone has any decent suggestions let me know!

my stuff:

FMA bump helmet w/ Go Pro & external battery counterweight

Revision Sawfly Glasses

Viper VX chest rig w/ dangler pouch & elastic mag sleeves

Nylon belt w/ kydex holster & Tasmanian tiger Taco pouch

Mechanix fastfit gloves

Asolo fugitive GTX boots

usually just run this with jeans & t-shirts

IMG_20211109_141007_9.jpg

IMG_20211109_141323_0.jpg

IMG_20211109_140148_9_2.jpg

IMG_20211109_140046_3_2.jpg

Shame the night game did not go ahead this evening, only three of us, so the site own let me run around a bit, to get used to wearing night vision. Total mind blown and I love it.  Just hope the next night game goes ahead!

B821E393-F777-4EBE-B5E9-BE6032440B55.jpeg