Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

2 hours ago, Johnyboy1976 said:

The weapon he has is a battery powered toy gun that cost £5 - its not a Airsoft gun - its not a RIF its a nerf gun that are sold in every toy shop throughout the country so I don’t see a issue. If children are not allowed toys guns that flash lights and are quite clearly a toy then something is up - if he had hold of one of my RIF’s i could understand but he isn’t 

It's a RIF and should not have been sold without a defence provided. In order for it to not be a RIF it needs to be a miniature, or it's principle colour needs to be listed here, but the gun black and full sized. Having a little bit orange at the end doesn't change it's principle colour.

Whilst i can see why people react i also will reiterate i live on a army estate - and all the kids want to pretend they are like their parents and I’m not going to discourage an innocent 8 year old enjoying dress up

Nothing wrong with dressing up, but just be careful with displaying guns. It's illegal to be in a public place without good reason with an imitation firearm, your front garden is of course private property so it's lawful, but I wouldn't recommend it. If all your neighbours are relaxed and know they are replica's that's good, but anyone could walk past and not know, and then all of a sudden it becomes an incident. Even when armed response realise it's a replica, it still goes on the database as a firearms incident. All these statistics add up and eventually some do-gooder politician puts a magnifying glass on it and then we've all got a problem.

This isn't necessarily against you if your neighbours are fine, but maybe a "be careful" notice to everyone else browsing these forums. Don't give the powers that be a reason to draft up a VCRA 2.0.

For the record, I also used to run around the neighbourhood with replica guns playing "army men", also right next to a military base. The pre-9/11 days were good, but those days have sadly gone.

1 hour ago, Johnyboy1976 said:

It’s a toy gun for gods sake - its not a Airsoft gun its a TOY - i suggest you start petitioning the toy shops and EBAY then 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292473244721

Airsoft guns are toy guns. It's the same thing. Doesn't matter if you call it a toy, or airsoft, it looks real, it's painted black, it's a realistic imitation firearm. With the exception of the power rating set in the Policing and Crime Act 2017, there is no special section for airsoft guns, they are all in the same category.

You know it's a toy, I know it's a toy, but if people walking past don't know that, they are probably going to call the police, that's the issue.

5 hours ago, MandalShArK said:

Well ya part way there.

The carbine is at least the same length and the early SOG one.... 😉

My SOG Reenactment kit.. 

Nice but I prefer the classic tiger stripe 😁

I just want an impression loadout without spending silly money on exact detail.  The shirt, pants, boots and webbing cost me £61 😉

And its not the only loadout I have... More to follow... 😉

Edited by EDcase

50 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Nice but I prefer the classic tiger stripe 😁

I just want an impression loadout without spending silly money on exact detail.  The shirt, pants, boots and webbing cost me £61 😉

And its not the only loadout I have... More to follow... 😉

If you want something a little more Accurate and still at a good price, head over to soldier of fortune, its good kit for airsoft and a little bit more period correct, not 80's commercial Tigers ;)  and, it doesn't break the bank.

Sadly people fall into the COD Black ops trap of SOG using tigers when in reality SOG Rarely used Tigers across the fence, (generally used when they where on Hatchet force/SLAM Company duty or on the range at a FOB)

Issued kit was standard Jungle Greens with labels removed, some teams sprayed black camouflaging lines on them to break up the shape, then later on ERDL Green Dominant camo was used as well .

At the end of the day, wear what you want, I'm just providing an accurate description of kit actually used.. and by all means check out our website if you're interested in learning about SOG, we have some damn good interviews with Veterans.

One with Jim Bolen for example. http://www.modernforces.com/veteran_jim_bolen.htm

Admittedly I've been considering a Vietnam themed load out (due to lack of a decent SLR) but unfortunately I've not been able to track down a decent M16A1.

I've seen a CAR-15 variant which is very short along with a sliding stock (not the usual buffer tube design seen on later rifles) but I've not come across any information on whether it saw action in the wild.

I suppose it's something I'll have to do a lot more research on before sticking my hand in my pocket.

@EDcase and @MandalShArK - both excellent kits. Admittedly I'm a sucker for the original M60.

47 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I've seen a CAR-15 variant which is very short along with a sliding stock (not the usual buffer tube design seen on later rifles) but I've not come across any information on whether it saw action in the wild.

That's the Colt Model 607, not that many were made and it saw very limited action in Vietnam, it pre-dates the XM177E1 by a year or so.

RetroBlackRifle is a good resource for the early AR-15 family of rifles: http://pullig.dyndns.org/retroblackrifle/ModGde/CrbGde/607.html

5 hours ago, Neptune said:

That's the Colt Model 607, not that many were made and it saw very limited action in Vietnam, it pre-dates the XM177E1 by a year or so.

RetroBlackRifle is a good resource for the early AR-15 family of rifles: http://pullig.dyndns.org/retroblackrifle/ModGde/CrbGde/607.html

It's not..

Look at it. It's got an A2 upper for a start.

6 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Admittedly I've been considering a Vietnam themed load out (due to lack of a decent SLR) but unfortunately I've not been able to track down a decent M16A1.

I suppose it's something I'll have to do a lot more research on before sticking my hand in my pocket.

@EDcase and @MandalShArK - both excellent kits. Admittedly I'm a sucker for the original M60.

Cyma makes a decent /passable m16a1 now mukka

@Neptune - It does indeed appear to be a Model 607 I've seen. Admittedly I like the look of it as it's something very different to what I've seen in use elsewhere. Despite it seeing very limited usage (from what I read last night it was more or less a prototype that just saw limited trials) it at least makes it an option.

I had spotted the Cyma although I've not read a lot about it and I've not found it available in the UK. I was going to order it from TG the other week, however, I have reservations due to reported shipping issues.

As a further side note (apologies if this is derailing the thread, please advise if so and will take it to its own thread) I noticed SoF produce a Vietnam era flak jacket. I realise these were a bit patchy in terms of use due to the jungle conditions but this is something I'd definitely be looking to incorporate into any potential kit.

Edited by FreeFrag.UK

30 minutes ago, Neptune said:

He wasn't referring to your rifle, but a different one, which is the M607.

I wasn't talking about mine either 🤣

4 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Tsk-tsk. A silver mock BCG. It should be black....just to be accurate...😉

image.png.ae0f222fa412182401872b78ad7a2764.png

Yeahhhh oldschool MGC plugfire and not mine to paint sadly 

1 hour ago, MandalShArK said:

I wasn't talking about mine either 🤣

I'm not really sure why you quoted me then? The 607 doesn't have an A2 upper. I quoted the post by Freefrag which was talking about the 607.

Edited by Neptune

2 hours ago, Neptune said:

I'm not really sure why you quoted me then? The 607 doesn't have an A2 upper. I quoted the post by Freefrag which was talking about the 607.

Think I'm just lost here. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Supporters

678901214_homer-simpson-meme-generator-car-design-today--51911676.png.9385fdb778d7289df9d6d1b312f7ec56.png

Just be as historically accurate as you personally want to be and let other people do the same.

Don't be a russian-gear-forum obsessive crazy person, there's already too many of those.  Years ago I gave some kid an actual heart attack by just commenting how I liked useful things like some areas of pic rail on certain parts of an AK.

Building a lightweight belt loadout out of what’s in my gear cupboard in anticipation of being able to get out and snipe some people..

Pretty much all Blackhawk pouches, I discovered the Well magazines fit perfectly in a double 40mm pouch. 

If it doesn’t work I’ll probably just throw all the bits I need into a claymore bag and roll with that instead!

E95FE915-135F-4E05-BDCC-5714D6C0D619.jpeg

92129FF3-B9B1-4DCA-86A2-657112C5FF40.jpeg

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

My first load out pic. 

20210529_115106.jpg

Travelling light there fella.

Where do you stash your mags.

Nice and simple though👍

Regards 

I was using a 900 round hi cap mag and had 1, 300 hi cap in my pocket. Just in case... lol