Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

1 minute ago, cropzy said:

https://scontent-lcy1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/181135227_1440617029609615_1225996708560718476_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=973b4a&_nc_ohc=2XBhtERsp2AAX9LlwMu&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=0e6a3a1a373d0f20f6295d65f5822135&oe=60B6F602

Blyatsoft?

On 03/05/2021 at 18:12, cropzy said:

First batch of PG photos got 2 nice ones of me
https://scontent-lcy1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/181521690_1440620479609270_2513438949102921474_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=973b4a&_nc_ohc=8Azq3Nt7j0cAX-7Tish&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=f675b8980d63e8f11f3276161f8439f7&oe=60B663A0
https://scontent-lcy1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/181135227_1440617029609615_1225996708560718476_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=973b4a&_nc_ohc=2XBhtERsp2AAX9LlwMu&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=0e6a3a1a373d0f20f6295d65f5822135&oe=60B6F602

Nice to see another Proving Grounds player. Couldn't make this one, my fave site tho.

• Supporters
On 29/04/2021 at 21:26, paradoxum said:

Well I hardly get to use comms so I end up swinging them back which is why I went for them really, they're comfortable and have two different settings of 'tightness' on your ears for a snug fit, with the 'length' on the arm also adjustable, I'm always worried about them snapping out of the arc rails when I adjust the tightness bit though, even though it has only happened a couple times, that'd be my only complaint.

Edit: Changed some things, just aesthetics really:

kit now:

want a slimmer belt, probably drop the double stack mags on the belt

Helm finished

DZhMOpw.jpg

Bg7hjEp.jpg

uIXygr0.jpg

vMaYuGE.jpg

need to get a brainexploder camera mount; https://www.brainexplodermerch.com/product-page/adjustable-nvg-mount-gopro-style and there's nothing else I'd change now.

Couple of quick points, first off try routing the V-lite UNDER the bungees on your cover. The cheap ones have a habit of delaminating from the velcro backer when they get hot. Also, try angling the light over your left ear downwards. They're relatively short throw and quite directional so if you want to use it to see where you're going you'll have to look down a lot, a bit of downward angle will help you maintain your forward field of vision (although I would suggest the mandible may well obstruct your downward field of view anyway).

On 05/05/2021 at 11:25, Lozart said:

Couple of quick points, first off try routing the V-lite UNDER the bungees on your cover. The cheap ones have a habit of delaminating from the velcro backer when they get hot. Also, try angling the light over your left ear downwards. They're relatively short throw and quite directional so if you want to use it to see where you're going you'll have to look down a lot, a bit of downward angle will help you maintain your forward field of vision (although I would suggest the mandible may well obstruct your downward field of view anyway).

Thanks, I made a few changes to it, and the side-light (forgot what they're called) is mostly just for aesthetics, I'll almost never use it.

On 04/05/2021 at 12:05, Tristan Orr said:

This was my last ever real loadout :P

30559343-1C8B-479C-99D4-19B98F384DF9.JPG

C031876D-E949-43AD-BEC1-F3D0AC6E5180.JPG

Im not keen on your face protection. I would be running into walls all the time :D 

Edited by Albiscuit

56 minutes ago, Johnyboy1976 said:

Eldest came home from school today so fitting him out with his kit ready for next weekend as he wasn’t keen on the ECBA i got him from my locker at work

Do you have the photos of when armed response turned up afterwards?

1 hour ago, Johnyboy1976 said:

Eldest came home from school today so fitting him out with his kit ready for next weekend as he wasn’t keen on the ECBA i got him from my locker at work 

Nobody likes the ECBA! I'm not surprised 😂

I remember a load of RAF guys were wearing them on a herc on the way to Bastion from KAF, like they were in the 90's or something! This was only in 2010! Last time I've ever seen somebody wear one to be honest.

We still have shitloads at work despite everyone supposedly being issued virtus - last time i used ecba was back in Northern Ireland.

but yeah its not comfy 

On 12/05/2021 at 11:42, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Looks great, what grenades are those? TAG?

They are some old practice grenades i found in the storage room at work during a sort out - had them years brought home for when the boys played soldiers out in the back garden 

• Supporters

I get it, but objectively, publicly displaying a RIF is illegal and there are many instances of people getting seen like that and the police showing up not too long after.  The vast majority of the time it's not actually ARU the normal ones just come knocking and ask to check the situation, but obviously there's the possibility.  I know how it is on the patch and if you know all your neighbors fair enough, but it only takes one karen to make a mountain out of a mole hill ya know?  Just something to be aware of is all, 99% of folks online will query it if they see pics of airsoft out on the street like that.

13 hours ago, Johnyboy1976 said:

We still have shitloads at work despite everyone supposedly being issued virtus - last time i used ecba was back in Northern Ireland.

but yeah its not comfy 

They are some old practice grenades i found in the storage room at work during a sort out - had them years brought home for when the boys played soldiers out in the back garden 

I still wear it, unfortunately, but then again, not much use for Virtus at sea! 

The weapon he has is a battery powered toy gun that cost £5 - its not a Airsoft gun - its not a RIF its a nerf gun that are sold in every toy shop throughout the country so I don’t see a issue. If children are not allowed toys guns that flash lights and are quite clearly a toy then something is up - if he had hold of one of my RIF’s i could understand but he isn’t 

Edited by Johnyboy1976
Nerf gun

Personally I can see both sides of the argument however like I have said on here before I have spoken to all my neighbours and let them know that if they ever see my with what looks like a firearm it’s a airsoft Rif but I also make sure they are out of site when I load the car up to transport them to site. Personally if the police did come round I would have no objections to them coming in and checking. I also think that teaching children that firearms are a tool and to treat them with respect/safety isn’t a bad thing. Again firearms aren’t a big problem in this country but like anything it’s about education and a balanced view then people have the toolset to make their own minds up. Kudos to @Johnyboy1976 for enjoying spending time with his kids and let’s face it I’ve seen a lot worse on the pad estate. 

All the kids on the estate play massive nerf wars - he does not leave the front garden / back garden with this item as he usually has his big yellow gun. I’d like to think i am more aware than most of the implications of real fire arms and the damage they can do - i also am fully aware of how the police could mistake a toy for a RIF - but he isn’t going anywhere with it other than outside for a picture. 

A sergeant at work once went to a mess function as a suicide bomber and drunkenly asked home and in no time was surrounded by armed response so I understand the consequences of people mistaking dress up for real life.

Both my boys are dying to start airsofting and i want to encourage this - my eldest is in the shooting team at school and i teach them both target shooting with my air rifle so they have a good respect for fire arms and the safety precautions required.

All my RIFs are in padlocked cases stored in the loft of the garage and the air rifle is in a secure locker so no danger of my kids being able to gain access.

i know society has changed but god when i was a little lad everyone played soldiers and had very real l.poking weapons - i even had as proper blank firing revolver around the age of 10.

Whilst i can see why people react i also will reiterate i live on a army estate - and all the kids want to pretend they are like their parents and I’m not going to discourage an innocent 8 year old enjoying dress up 

The daft bugger is outside sat in the rain watching Airsoft videos right now

E518D26D-4F36-4D98-B1BF-11797DBFDB70.jpeg

537936C6-6948-4A46-AA00-9514B053AE5D.jpeg

The gun in question - in other pic was dirty as been in mud / dirt

74368FF3-6FA5-49DF-820A-25E96906467D.jpeg

Edited by Johnyboy1976
Pics