Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

1 hour ago, 38super said:

Neck protection is one of the things I'm working on. Any tips?

That's definitely neater. Did you cut the original strap to fix it like that?

I'm still deciding if I want fix the goggles there or the mask. I like the idea of keeping the mask separate from the goggles and using the rail clips to fix the mask so that the mask can be unclipped on one side and swung out of the way. Attaching the mask and goggles together and just a single strap to the rail like yours is so much neater though.

I'm a bit reluctant to cut the goggle strap until I'm sure. It looks like I should be able to change the strap loops on the goggles to replace the strap but I haven't seen that yet.

I get mine and used a spare buckle thing from something else to attach it. I also had a soft sided mask that I attached to the clips in the corner however your ear pro would get in the way of that. I've seen other people who have attached it to the nvg retention bungies or this one guy who fitted poppers to his helmet straps

received_1188708677912119.jpeg

FB_IMG_1597753499597.jpg

FB_IMG_1597753505280.jpg

Edited by PopRocket123

8 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I get mine and used a spare buckle thing from something else to attach it. I also had a soft sided mask that I attached to the clips in the corner however your ear pro would get in the way of that. I've seen other people who have attached it to the nvg retention bungies or this one guy who fitted poppers to his helmet straps

received_1188708677912119.jpeg

FB_IMG_1597753499597.jpg

FB_IMG_1597753505280.jpg

Looking at that top picture I now know what the swivel clips for arc rails are for😁

I like the popper idea. Not having to put tension on the mask would be more comfortable .

i think I'm going to run into problems when I've fitted the ear pro adapters which will take up a big chunk of rail space.

11 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Those goggles are great to mod to attach to the rail. 

20171206_213843.jpg

Anyone know where I can get this style of helmet cover for an airframe?

Edited by 38super

2 hours ago, 38super said:

Looking at that top picture I now know what the swivel clips for arc rails are for😁

I like the popper idea. Not having to put tension on the mask would be more comfortable .

i think I'm going to run into problems when I've fitted the ear pro adapters which will take up a big chunk of rail space.

Anyone know where I can get this style of helmet cover for an airframe?

Something like this?

https://www.hueys.co.uk/OPS-Air-Frame-Helmet-Cover-Multicam

2 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Yep, something like that but I'm on a DPM/woodland load out. I'd prefer not to go multicam just for the lid.

47 minutes ago, 38super said:

Yep, something like that but I'm on a DPM/woodland load out. I'd prefer not to go multicam just for the lid.

They got loads of designs bro, including various woodland

https://www.hueys.co.uk/epages/es151784.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es151784/Categories/Category1/Headwear/Helmet_Covers

Jambo.jpg.5a2b7ea3eaaf0e7ad5e482e70f96d88b.jpg

• Supporters
On 20/03/2021 at 14:50, C-Diddy said:

+1 on the OPS covers. They're bloody good for the money!

12 minutes ago, 125cc said:

The check shirt's smart. What's the gnu in that pic?

The SCAR always looks cool. A bit futuristic IMO.

PPS XM26 Mass Shell Ejecting shotgun. 

Its not a Scar. Its the Italian Gucci Scar AKA ARX160!

• Supporters

Is Temperate Vegetato really considered Gucci now? Heck it was my first uniform haha. Anyway, while the full kit got held up in customs until - funnily enough - today it was nice to run the Tropentarn kit at Op Stonebreaker the past weekend. Now that the rest of the stuff's arrived Ill have to do a full kit pic sometime before Op Firestorm in late April. The Black Cherry preformed well, though there were some odd FPS fluctuations I still have to sort out I suppose. 

82397.thumb.jpg.2a4311f733fee3a8919666513c86c604.jpg

3 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Is Temperate Vegetato really considered Gucci now? Heck it was my first uniform haha. Anyway, while the full kit got held up in customs until - funnily enough - today it was nice to run the Tropentarn kit at Op Stonebreaker the past weekend. Now that the rest of the stuff's arrived Ill have to do a full kit pic sometime before Op Firestorm in late April. The Black Cherry preformed well, though there were some odd FPS fluctuations I still have to sort out I suppose. 

82397.thumb.jpg.2a4311f733fee3a8919666513c86c604.jpg

Is that a Tropentarn vest where dya get it? Sadly I couldn't find one for my Tropentarn loadout and my G36 mag pouches are tricolour desert instead. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Is that a Tropentarn vest where dya get it? Sadly I couldn't find one for my Tropentarn loadout and my G36 mag pouches are tricolour desert instead. 

Its an IDZ vest done by Roman Kurmaz. Ive got a bunch of stuff made by him and its great quality - on par with my Cryes and such. I still buy legit whenever I can, but I cant buy Tropentarn from Crye, so oh well. Pants are also his, alongside my short sleeve G3 shirts (it was cold out so standard surplus BDU is on in the pic). However recently Ive started buying from Zentaurion - a German company that makes popular products in a variety of camos. they do the major base colors, Multicam, both German patterns, and a slew of others. They arent cheap, but very worth it if the stuff I got in today is any indication. They also do a "Taco" style set of pouches, including ones meant for M4, G36, and even 417/G28. This was excellent news for me as I love "Taco" style pouches. Unfortunately, like I said theyre legit and make stuff for the German LEO and Military, so if you want a vest youre looking at around 170 Euros for the base vest. 

Load out pretty much ready for my first game. Was due to be the 4th but looks like not now.

Still undecided about knee pads or a sidearm though. I'm taking a pistol as backup in case the Double Eagle misbehaves but probably won't carry it.

1382719210_Loadout1.thumb.jpg.c9d77c7a83fa6a31f5a667cd1e134a08.jpg

Loadout 2.jpg

• Supporters
On 28/03/2021 at 07:50, 38super said:

Load out pretty much ready for my first game. Was due to be the 4th but looks like not now.

Still undecided about knee pads or a sidearm though. I'm taking a pistol as backup in case the Double Eagle misbehaves but probably won't carry it.

Kneepads certainly arent required - if I am at a hard-packed or industrial site like the now-closed UCAP Sandpit or The Mall, I use them. But in a forest its not that helpful.

Managed to get a few photos of my platoon leader (feldwebel) kit for 2nd battalion, 7th company 125th regiment panzergrenadier kit 21 panzer division near Ranville on the edge of the Orne river on exercise spring 44. This company would be the one that's pushed away from Pegasus and Horsa bridge by Brit para's on d-day. 

It's been fun doing lots of research for this kit and with a much higher quality smock I feel a lot happier with my impression now.  

received_866475693905371.thumb.jpeg.009b518b0b1f34d7ff656722f6f15e97.jpeg

received_468456864205669.jpeg

received_454787412395240.jpeg

125cc's V2.0 loadout. Flying suit for a slightly more sci-fi look.

Trying it out at skirmish on the 11th. Which one I decide to wear will be weather dependant 😎 P.S. excuse the yellow laces. They're the boots I use on the motorbike...

IMG-20210405-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20210405-WA0011.jpg

Edited by 125cc

1 hour ago, 125cc said:

P.S. excuse the yellow laces. They're the boots I use on the motorbike...

I'd worry about those two huge white squares :D

2 hours ago, Skara said:

I'd worry about those two huge white squares :D

Haha 😆 they're my kneeboards for taking notes etc in the cockpit with a chinagraph. They'll be covered up and put to use (site map on one, the other will have an OD insert and used for notes as normal)

On 25/03/2021 at 22:18, Asomodai said:

Italian Gucci camo and Tactical Flannel. 

I look well 'ard

Hope you like the toilet. 

IMG-20210325-WA0018.jpeg

Hey no toungs now...lol😉

picatinny rail extension, rail elimenation panels, vented lightweight lower rail, EG/SOTAC G34 + EXPS3 + DBAL-A2. The EXPS3 has a Guns Modify EOTech Lens Protector on it, perfect clarity compared to the cheaper one I had on hand.

New pics: https://imgur.com/a/vGdXzIF

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Really liking the EG/SOTAC gear, the build quality is great. I'm still figuring out how I'm supposed to use the magnifier with the exps, I struggle to even see through it alone if I flip it to the side, my eye has to be the perfect distance from it or I don't see anything, and I can see this being a problem when wearing a mandible and trying to aim with it, I think I'll end up leaving it flipped to the side as a spotter scope or something.

As for the DBAL-A2 I've not played with it much but also excellent build quality, need to watch a video on how to set it up properly, I got some IR filter lenses I need to stick inside the IR laser so they don't burn anyones eyes.

After a little bit of playing with it, I'm struggling to figure out how to just have the red dot laser come on and stay on with a single button press, has anyone used a dbal? 

Video: 

It seems the only way to get the laser to stay on is by turning the switch to low power with the pointer laser option set. I was hoping I'd be able to push the button on the top to turn it on or off, but all that does is turn the flashlight on with a double-tap of the button.

Edit: PRE installed, but going to have to dremel the backs of the other rail parts so they'll fit.

SN8k5uF.jpg

Edited by paradoxum