Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

On 05/03/2021 at 17:51, paradoxum said:

I picked it up on etsy, I think it was labeled as some lara croft cosplay peice. I still need to figure out a better way to attach it to my hydro pouch - I pretty much had to cut holes in the side of the pouch and thread clips through and even use nuts and bolts to get it on and it looks terrible if you examine it:

UdlLrAU.jpg

I was meaning to take it to a sewing shop before lockdown and see if they could sort something cleaner out for me. Any ideas, anyone?

Edit: Got rid of the clips and used some velcro straps through some cut holes in the leather;

4JZRclj.jpg

That rig is so smart it is almost a shame to get it muddy. I have just had a new warrior chest rig delivered to supplement my PC and I am almost ashamed of it because it looks brand new (nothing worse than crisp shiny kit!), but yours looks 👌

On 05/03/2021 at 13:16, Tackle said:

There's no right or wrong way, just what suits you & sometimes the situation/scenario will dictate what works best.

as a young squaddie we were instructed to have our mag pouches (58 pattern) on our sides/hips, mainly because the "reaction to fire" taught was to drop to the prone position, obviously mag pouches on our front would have been inaccessible & also increased our target profile, not good.

but as an old knackered airsofter, if I drop to the prone position, I ain't getting up, so I don't do it & therefore can justify having mags on my chest.

end of the day we're just playing at it, whatever works, same goes for the rigs, for some players this is a glorified fashion show, much of what's worn & carried is unnecessary, but it looks the dogs bollocks lol 😏 

Agree with that.

I've seen some that start day looking like a brand new action man still in box,and end day still looking like a brand new action man.

I see people spend sooo much money on authentic gear and then not want to mess it up.

I think my biggest kit expense has been my viper multicam boots at £80.

All my vests have been second hand and under£40 each.

Maybe I'm just tight! Lol

👍🙂

Regards 

On 05/03/2021 at 13:16, Tackle said:

There's no right or wrong way, just what suits you & sometimes the situation/scenario will dictate what works best.

as a young squaddie we were instructed to have our mag pouches (58 pattern) on our sides/hips, mainly because the "reaction to fire" taught was to drop to the prone position, obviously mag pouches on our front would have been inaccessible & also increased our target profile, not good.

but as an old knackered airsofter, if I drop to the prone position, I ain't getting up, so I don't do it & therefore can justify having mags on my chest.

end of the day we're just playing at it, whatever works, same goes for the rigs, for some players this is a glorified fashion show, much of what's worn & carried is unnecessary, but it looks the dogs bollocks lol 😏 

*hides back-mounted shotgun I've never once had the opportunity to pull out*

Firstly, forgive my wife's squint photography and the assortment of kids toys etc lying about!!!

Here's my first loadout cobbled together on a budget purely out of practicality. The clothing I already had, the gloves and balaclava are what I use riding my motorbike.

As a sci-fi fan I'd love a sci-fi loadout inspired by the Colonial Marines from Aliens, Halo, Doomguy etc, this one has sort of ended up a weird mashup of USCM meets 80s British Army... At least it offers protection and camouflage plus it's unique to me.

Might get a more futuristic piece like an XR5 or an FN2000 in time. Currently looking for an AEP as a backup (prob 1911 or DE).

IMG-20210311-WA0003.jpg

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
21 minutes ago, 125cc said:

Firstly, forgive my wife's squint photography and the assortment of kids toys etc lying about!!!

Here's my first loadout cobbled together on a budget purely out of practicality. The clothing I already had, the gloves and balaclava are what I use riding my motorbike.

As a sci-fi fan I'd love a sci-fi loadout inspired by the Colonial Marines from Aliens, Halo, Doomguy etc, this one has sort of ended up a weird mashup of USCM meets 80s British Army... At least it offers protection and camouflage plus it's unique to me.

Might get a more futuristic piece like an XR5 or an FN2000 in time. Currently looking for an AEP as a backup (prob 1911 or DE).

IMG-20210311-WA0003.jpg

Looks p. good for a first loadout!

Some advice, though - if you haven't played with that balaclava on yet, you might find it fogs up your goggles pretty damn quickly! I'd recommend looking into anti-fog solutions - "Cat Crap" is recommended a lot. Also, consider a mesh mask for your lower face, just to avoid potential damage to teeth etc.

34 minutes ago, 125cc said:

Adding to the good Doctor, the loadout looks good for winter but you'll die of heat when it warms up.

The XR5 is a good shooter. (based on an M4)

Edited by EDcase

13 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Looks p. good for a first loadout!

Some advice, though - if you haven't played with that balaclava on yet, you might find it fogs up your goggles pretty damn quickly! I'd recommend looking into anti-fog solutions - "Cat Crap" is recommended a lot. Also, consider a mesh mask for your lower face, just to avoid potential damage to teeth etc.

Thanks mate... Want to get a full face helmet eventually but if I spend any more money in this the wife's going to go radge.

Was considering boxing mouth guards as an option to avoid broken teeth but not sure if that would do the job. Might get a mask if that's the case. The balaclava is windproof so should take the sting out of shots (hopefully).

Antifog spray works well (experience with motorcycling haha!), I have other tops to wear (olive green) in warmer weather.

Thanks for the advice chaps, muchos appreciated.

17 minutes ago, 125cc said:

Thanks mate... Want to get a full face helmet eventually but if I spend any more money in this the wife's going to go radge.

Was considering boxing mouth guards as an option to avoid broken teeth but not sure if that would do the job. Might get a mask if that's the case. The balaclava is windproof so should take the sting out of shots (hopefully).

Antifog spray works well (experience with motorcycling haha!), I have other tops to wear (olive green) in warmer weather.

Thanks for the advice chaps, muchos appreciated.

haha klen yer scottish when you here radge!! lol my wifes same m8 started getting my stuff delivered elsewhere haha

rainx on a kitchen towel and give the lens/visor a wipe on inside and out instant anti fog and rain repellent lol do it on my dual sports visor and my moto x goggles works a charm and cheap to :D

13 hours ago, miserydrift said:

haha klen yer scottish when you here radge!! lol my wifes same m8 started getting my stuff delivered elsewhere haha

rainx on a kitchen towel and give the lens/visor a wipe on inside and out instant anti fog and rain repellent lol do it on my dual sports visor and my moto x goggles works a charm and cheap to :D

Haha, been 10 years since I left Edinburgh but some things just don't rub off...

RainX is fine stuff. Got a bottle in the garage, very handy. The wife thinks I'm nuts taking this up with all the gear etc but I'm dragging her along to a skirmish at some point 😎

snap m8 not long took hobby up myself she doesnt undersdtand eiother,haha hell no my wifes getting left behind this is my me time haha

yeah great on visors and goggles alike funnily was my wife hat let me onto its anti fog propertys dont get muych aiorflow on her gsxr600 when shes tucked in behind the fairing lol

1 hour ago, paradoxum said:

QcykuOy.jpg

MLlPTIk.jpg

IGeA9Ng.jpg

78KL30t.jpg

MN7o2TK.jpg

PLEASE invest in some trouser twists. Tucked in combats looks ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, DRay said:

PLEASE invest in some trouser twists. Tucked in combats looks ridiculous. 

You think? Actually never heard of twists before, but I hated how baggy it was around my feet so tuck them in to stop myself tripping over myself.

Always use trouser twists. Nothing worse than flappy combats or combats tucked into boots like a simpleton! 

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, paradoxum said:

Try running your sling over your left shoulder and under your right (basically the opposite of what you've got). 

3 hours ago, paradoxum said:

If you like your trousers tucked into your boots, then tuck your trousers into your boots.

Concur with flipping the over/under of your sling around, among other things which are generally more comfortable when shooting it’ll likely make the gnu sit a bit nicer when switching to the pistol.

Curious to know which is your leading leg when taking a knee, looks to be a lot going on with mags on your belt which may well get in your in practice (though it may well be sitting high enough to not be an issue, which potentially leads to your PC getting in the way of your belt draw but that’s not worth digging into here). As with the whole tucking in trousers thing, if it works for you, run with it.

Edited by alxndrhll

2 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

If you like your trousers tucked into your boots, then tuck your trousers into your boots.

Concur with flipping the over/under of your sling around, among other things which are generally more comfortable when shooting it’ll likely make the gnu sit a bit nicer when switching to the pistol.

Curious to know which is your leading leg when taking a knee, looks to be a lot going on with mags on your belt which may well get in your in practice (though it may well be sitting high enough to not be an issue, which potentially leads to your PC getting in the way of your belt draw but that’s not worth digging into here). As with the whole tucking in trousers thing, if it works for you, run with it.

Thanks for the suggestions, I've only just put this all together and this has really been the first time I've actually got to even shoot the gun properly because I've had it apart most of the past year messing with it, so still just figuring out the best grip and such.

Edited by paradoxum

23 hours ago, paradoxum said:

Thanks for the suggestions, I've only just put this all together and this has really been the first time I've actually got to even shoot the gun properly because I've had it apart most of the past year messing with it, so still just figuring out the best grip and such.

It's all about tweaking, finding out what works for you and, most importantly, whats comfortable. Although there are a lot of basic principles to form an effective firing position, if you're uncomfortable you won't be able to hit a cow's arse with a banjo. 

Definitely agree with slinging your weapon on the opposite shoulder, butt up, barrel down for an easier transition to pistol. As for twisties for your trousers? Do what you want pal. Tuck them in, blouse them like a paratrooper or iron creases in your rig so sharp you could shave with them. If you like how it looks, run with it 👍

12 minutes ago, 38super said:

Still a work in progress but it's coming along. 

IMG_20210319_202842.thumb.jpg.09f4ec62fdbf8188a237995aed2562d0.jpgIMG_20210319_195354.thumb.jpg.2cf3937739bea606fdb018b685572dea.jpg

That's good. Well protected.

No chance of facial damage but neck may take a few shots lol.

Regards 

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

That's good. Well protected.

No chance of facial damage but neck may take a few shots lol.

Regards 

Neck protection is one of the things I'm working on. Any tips?

1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

Those goggles are great to mod to attach to the rail. 

20171206_213843.jpg

That's definitely neater. Did you cut the original strap to fix it like that?

I'm still deciding if I want fix the goggles there or the mask. I like the idea of keeping the mask separate from the goggles and using the rail clips to fix the mask so that the mask can be unclipped on one side and swung out of the way. Attaching the mask and goggles together and just a single strap to the rail like yours is so much neater though.

I'm a bit reluctant to cut the goggle strap until I'm sure. It looks like I should be able to change the strap loops on the goggles to replace the strap but I haven't seen that yet.

Edited by 38super