Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

On 25/02/2021 at 09:11, Albiscuit said:

YESSSSSSS..

I was trying to rack my brains about that. My dad had one in storage at my grandparents, I was never allowed to play with it but saw it a few time.

I loved mine❤lol. Seven guns in one!

• Supporters
On 01/03/2021 at 18:27, paradoxum said:

I just googled that. I wonder if it was inspiration for the M41A?

IMG_20200605_033526.jpg

You might find this interesting 

On 02/03/2021 at 21:03, Shamal said:

I loved mine❤lol. Seven guns in one!

I was never allowed to play with it, I just remember being shown it a few times

Picked up a new EOTech 558 clone with a G43 magnifier to add to my HK 416, and started on a new Coyote Tan loadout to go with woodland MARPAT BDUs. Started with the Elite Ops PLB shooter belt from WAS. The combo contains:

- 1 x PLB Belt
- 1 x Personal Medic Rip-off pouch 
- 1 x Universal Pistol Holster
- 1 x Large Roll up Dump Pouch
- 2 x Polymer Mag 5.56mm
- 2 x Polymer Mag 9mm Pistol

Also added the WAS adjustable radio pouch for a Baofeng. Next will be the Recon plate carrier, Pathfinder chest rig and a drop pouch, once they're back in stock.

Screenshot_20210303-221201_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-221649_Chrome.jpg

Here's my first attempt at a loadout ready for April kickoff. Just went for the belt rig in the end.

5 mid-caps (room for 8), spare pouch for empty mags, pouch for drink bottle (or radio?), pouch for spare battery/tools?/snacks?

Feel free to suggest improvements.

Loadout1.thumb.jpg.ce5b9b82f6db2a21919f0d37246fbefd.jpg

9 minutes ago, 38super said:

Here's my first attempt at a loadout ready for April kickoff. Just went for the belt rig in the end.

5 mid-caps (room for 8), spare pouch for empty mags, pouch for drink bottle (or radio?), pouch for spare battery/tools?/snacks?

I wouldn't change anything until you've had a run out with it. You'll pretty quickly figure out what you like and what you want to change for your own preferences and tweak from there. There isn't (for the most part) a right or wrong way to run your gear, as long as it works for you then it's doing what you purchased it to do.

Only thing I would consider, as you're running midcaps, is have a speedloader on you (the Marui AR mag style ones are very good, but there are cheaper clones)... which means making sure you've got somewhere to put it, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with using pockets as long as they're secure.

For my personal preference I'd ditch the black mag pouches and replace the one on the left with a fold up dump pouch (doesn't have to be fold up, I just like keep it small and out of the way until I feel need it). I tend to run 5 midcaps on me, 4 on my gear and 1 in the RIF. As I say, don't change anything until you've had a run out, just food for thought.

18 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

don't change anything until you've had a run out

This. Can't stress enough the importance of testing kit on the field.

18 hours ago, 38super said:

I honestly like it, pretty minimalist (almost speedsoft-y which is always good) :)

I'd just swap the black pouches with something either green or multicam (but that's me hating on black kit).

give it a run as soon as you're allowed to play and make changes accordingly ;)

1 hour ago, Skara said:

This. Can't stress enough the importance of testing kit on the field.

I honestly like it, pretty minimalist (almost speedsoft-y which is always good) :)

I'd just swap the black pouches with something either green or multicam (but that's me hating on black kit).

give it a run as soon as you're allowed to play and make changes accordingly ;)

The black belt and pouches are kit I already had. I'm trying really hard not to buy lots of stuff which I think might be useful until I've had a chance to try it out but there is so much temptation out there.😁

The belt is less than half the weight of what it used to be when loaded up with 12g mags.

• Supporters
22 hours ago, 38super said:

Having half your mags on your non-dominant side is going to be an issue unless you plan on cycling them across when you're quiet.

27 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Having half your mags on your non-dominant side is going to be an issue unless you plan on cycling them across when you're quiet.

That's the plan. I figure that if I get into a fire fight that uses more than 300 rounds I probably brought the wrong gun.

I tried doubling up the mag pouches but didn't really like the bulky feel of them so thought I'd try it this way first. The first one on the right is fairy easy to reach anyway.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

super nerdy but i disagree. I don't consider myself to have a "dominant" side, i just have a weaker side. for airsoft situational stuff like cover and positioning should dictate what side you fire from, and i like to have my kit and gun set up so i can switch hands easily, for example i do my best to have my kit set up like a mirror image - i want to be able to reload and use grenades with my "weak side" as easily as i can, and this also applies attachments on the gun like light and lasers, which should be operated ambidextrously. say for example having a pressure switch mounted at the 9 o'clock position is very easy to access when holding the gun on the right hand side, but once you switch to the left hand side it is very awkward. mounting them at 12 allows me to use either left or right hand basically just as easily and i say basically just as easy as whilst I am right handed, its not a matter of ergonomics or bio-mechanics. 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

super nerdy but i disagree. I don't consider myself to have a "dominant" side, i just have a weaker side. for airsoft situational stuff like cover and positioning should dictate what side you fire from, and i like to have my kit and gun set up so i can switch hands easily, for example i do my best to have my kit set up like a mirror image - i want to be able to reload and use grenades with my "weak side" as easily as i can, and this also applies attachments on the gun like light and lasers, which should be operated ambidextrously. say for example having a pressure switch mounted at the 9 o'clock position is very easy to access when holding the gun on the right hand side, but once you switch to the left hand side it is very awkward. mounting them at 12 allows me to use either left or right hand basically just as easily and i say basically just as easy as whilst I am right handed, its not a matter of ergonomics or bio-mechanics. 

I have my mags on my chest for this very reason, if they're across your centre mass then you can reload with either hand. If they're around either side of your waist and you need a mag from your right side when you're shooting right handed then you're going to get stuck. Hardly life and death I know but there you go. Much like yourself I tend to try and mount accessory controls centrally if I can but not always as long as I can reach them.

Of course, it's more of an issue for any of us that use a side arm as the holster will be right where his second set of primary mags are.

42 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I have my mags on my chest for this very reason, if they're across your centre mass then you can reload with either hand. If they're around either side of your waist and you need a mag from your right side when you're shooting right handed then you're going to get stuck. Hardly life and death I know but there you go. Much like yourself I tend to try and mount accessory controls centrally if I can but not always as long as I can reach them.

Of course, it's more of an issue for any of us that use a side arm as the holster will be right where his second set of primary mags are.

That's a whole other problem as I'm right handed for rifles and left handed for pistols. I've decided to leave the sidearm problem until I've got some experience. The only things I'm sure of there is that it has to be a 1911 of some sort and I hate thigh/leg holsters.

• Supporters

There's no right or wrong way, just what suits you & sometimes the situation/scenario will dictate what works best.

as a young squaddie we were instructed to have our mag pouches (58 pattern) on our sides/hips, mainly because the "reaction to fire" taught was to drop to the prone position, obviously mag pouches on our front would have been inaccessible & also increased our target profile, not good.

but as an old knackered airsofter, if I drop to the prone position, I ain't getting up, so I don't do it & therefore can justify having mags on my chest.

end of the day we're just playing at it, whatever works, same goes for the rigs, for some players this is a glorified fashion show, much of what's worn & carried is unnecessary, but it looks the dogs bollocks lol 😏 

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

There's no right or wrong way, just what suits you & sometimes the situation/scenario will dictate what works best.

as a young squaddie we were instructed to have our mag pouches (58 pattern) on our sides/hips, mainly because the "reaction to fire" taught was to drop to the prone position, obviously mag pouches on our front would have been inaccessible & also increased our target profile, not good.

but as an old knackered airsofter, if I drop to the prone position, I ain't getting up, so I don't do it & therefore can justify having mags on my chest.

end of the day we're just playing at it, whatever works, same goes for the rigs, for some players this is a glorified fashion show, much of what's worn & carried is unnecessary, but it looks the dogs bollocks lol 😏 

Do like looking alli with Gucci Kit :)

When i joined it was the same belt kit all the way and always on the left hip as you could only fire the IW out the right shoulder. None of this ambidextrous snowflake bollocks  😝. But then mission specific came along and so did the increase in 1157 haha

If I run my smersh I have all the mags on my left and counter balance with a bag of BBs on the right pouches.

I typically don't do the fancy hand switching "weak side" shooting anymore, so I have virtually no need to keep mags on my right side.

When I run my chest rigs I do have 1/2 mags on the right and they are the first ones to be "used" when the game's over or when I have plenty of time to reload, I like to keep my belt mag and the 1st on the left for "emergency" reloads as they are naturally the quickest and easiest ones to access in a pinch.

Either way, personal preference really.

Back in the day when I had one of those super cheap vests with mag pouches on the right, it was a bitch to reload as I had to:

a) cross draw mags and b) have fun getting G36 mags out of single stack M4 pouches :D

Hell, the fashion show side of things is the only part of the hobby we’ve been able to engage in over here for the past few months. I’ve been ‘slaying the catwalk’ (read as, walking around my office bored out of my mind trying out various setups for general comfort) more than I care to admit.

I’ve typed out many a thread on here in the evenings fully kitted up sat in the desk chair feeling very sorry for myself (and my bank account)... whatever gets you through at this point 🤷🏻‍♂️.

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

I’ve typed out many a thread on here in the evenings fully kitted up sat in the desk chair feeling very sorry for myself (and my bank account)... whatever gets you through at this point 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor - Find & Share on GIPHY

11 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor - Find & Share on GIPHY

Hahahaha, regrettably I don’t think I ever spent more than 5 minutes at a time ‘ghillied up’ indoors (largely because the dog was not a fan of it at all). Generally just threw it on to make sizing adjustments and get my long suffering girlfriend to take some photos so I could check for halo screen/raffia coverage. And now the vast majority of my ‘leafy boy’ stuff has new homes.

Throughout it all I’ve definitely found a additional use for chest rigs and plate carriers with ‘emergency doffing’ capabilities. It’s been a close shave with answering the door to delivery drivers in the full ensemble on a few occasions 😅.

On 03/03/2021 at 10:36, Lozart said:

You might find this interesting 

Nice thanks.

I'm actually half considering building a smartgun out of an MG42 and go the whole hog with a steadicam rig and everything.

Just setup my new plate carrier; (Templar's Gear Crusader ROC)

tSr1TNS.jpg

ZYD61DZ.jpg

j26K10m.jpg

The big SAW pouch on the back of the belt is for my IR Claymore.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, paradoxum said:

Nice thanks.

I'm actually half considering building a smartgun out of an MG42 and go the whole hog with a steadicam rig and everything.

Just setup my new plate carrier; (Templar's Gear Crusader ROC)

tSr1TNS.jpg

ZYD61DZ.jpg

j26K10m.jpg

The big SAW pouch on the back of the belt is for my IR Claymore.

Nice, where's the shotgun sheath from?

6 hours ago, Lozart said:

Nice, where's the shotgun sheath from?

I picked it up on etsy, I think it was labeled as some lara croft cosplay peice. I still need to figure out a better way to attach it to my hydro pouch - I pretty much had to cut holes in the side of the pouch and thread clips through and even use nuts and bolts to get it on and it looks terrible if you examine it:

UdlLrAU.jpg

I was meaning to take it to a sewing shop before lockdown and see if they could sort something cleaner out for me. Any ideas, anyone?

Edit: Got rid of the clips and used some velcro straps through some cut holes in the leather;

4JZRclj.jpg

16 hours ago, paradoxum said:

I picked it up on etsy, I think it was labeled as some lara croft cosplay peice. I still need to figure out a better way to attach it to my hydro pouch - I pretty much had to cut holes in the side of the pouch and thread clips through and even use nuts and bolts to get it on and it looks terrible if you examine it:

UdlLrAU.jpg

I was meaning to take it to a sewing shop before lockdown and see if they could sort something cleaner out for me. Any ideas, anyone?

Edit: Got rid of the clips and used some velcro straps through some cut holes in the leather;

4JZRclj.jpg

I'm thinking about getting a low profile back scabbard so I can carry a shotgun or scout sniper around. 

16 minutes ago, paradoxum said:

Slimmed things down a bit, https://imgur.com/a/fWIJGLk

Pretty happy with it now, although I'm definitely getting a slim belt. Going for an AWS SMU.

That looks the biz.

Very organised and tidy👍

Unlike my rig though you can't wear it to bed because of that fuck off shotty! Lol

🙂

Regards