Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Hellfish said:

Loadout WIP : Urban Operator - Chinasoft JPC with mix of British MTP & Viper BTP ammo/radio and dangler pouches, Tourinqet, fake knife/grenade for added bling worn over a Viper Titanuim Tactical jacket. 

IMG_20201111_115225.jpg

That JPC looks incredibly high on you.

• Supporters

High?  Nah that's where plates are actually meant to sit - at least that'd be my guess based on where his clavicle joints are under the jacket.  Obviously it does not matter with bbs, but 99% of players wear their rigs super low.

(not saying you don't know, just speaking generally)

On 11/11/2020 at 12:56, Hellfish said:

Loadout WIP : Urban Operator - Chinasoft JPC with mix of British MTP & Viper BTP ammo/radio and dangler pouches, Tourinqet, fake knife/grenade for added bling worn over a Viper Titanuim Tactical jacket. 

IMG_20201111_115225.jpg

Have you tried wearing it in a game yet? 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

High?  Nah that's where plates are actually meant to sit - at least that'd be my guess based on where his clavicle joints are under the jacket.  Obviously it does not matter with bbs, but 99% of players wear their rigs super low.

(not saying you don't know, just speaking generally)

I know what you're saying, I was under the impression it was top of plate would sit below the notch in the top of the sternum? Otherwise the bottom wouldn't protect your liver or somesuch. Like you say, pretty moot if it's comfortable where he has it seeing as it's just for da beebs!

• Supporters

Basically on the notch ideally, though realistically [i]just[/i] below so as not to rub.  Plates are just there for the heart and the major blood vessels around it, some of the spine and some of the lungs really, since you've got a reasonable chance of surviving a shot to most other areas (except the brain which has the helmet) if treated quickly - comparatively speaking of course.

Some Crye JPC 2.0s I had hands on today (just one's mine):

IMG_0348.thumb.JPG.a0a8f9150fff42a1459d303e78c5a441.JPG

• Supporters
On 15/11/2020 at 21:50, TheFull9 said:

Basically on the notch ideally, though realistically [i]just[/i] below so as not to rub.  Plates are just there for the heart and the major blood vessels around it, some of the spine and some of the lungs really, since you've got a reasonable chance of surviving a shot to most other areas (except the brain which has the helmet) if treated quickly - comparatively speaking of course.

Some Crye JPC 2.0s I had hands on today (just one's mine):

O5bGPR-zHI36HFhLQ0kl6hEO_OI_RRNrE6sqIMkJ

Pic am broke. But I'm guessing this is the pic of the three that's on your blog/socials?

Still a work in progress, but basically a all black/multi-cam loadout for the 7.62 rifle 

Old fishing hat boonie - looking for a good black one to replace it

Revision Sawflys, slightly too big for me but not as big as my other pair... who knew there are different sized frames?? 

Viper Vx chest plate carrier, nice but i get so hot wearing it

Emerson Blue label long sleeve UBACS and trousers to match

TMC shooter belt

Warrior Uni Holster - 1911 Hi-cap not in shot

Mechanix Impact gloves

Force Wear British Army Tee-shirt

Shit boots of Amazon

G&G TR16 MBR 308SW Rifle

FMA Fast mags x4 - changing these for the skorpion style soft mags 

Viper dump pouch

Viper pistol mag pouch - crap for the hi-cap mags! 

Kombat Tactical back panel with mags and radio pouches

11A07828-27B7-4DBA-A3EE-3ECFFFB04465.jpeg.fa96ae3049fc84e6626563d7a4148e42.thumb.jpeg.89959240192c32ec36e88a8886be7696.jpeg

On 24/11/2020 at 19:47, Harrison448 said:

Me back in 2011

FB_IMG_1606243460948.jpg

This is actually one fine PMC kit!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 12/11/2020 at 12:28, TheFull9 said:

Obviously it does not matter with bbs, but 99% of players wear their rigs super low.

That's 'cos most are trying to cover a fat belly 🤣 (me included lol), but yeah, they should be worn fairly high, much less restrictive & better benefit if working from cover or vehicles.

Obviously doesn't mean shit to us BB warriors, hence why I binned PC's years ago👍

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

The same with chest rigs. The clue is in the name and they're not called belly rigs

Don't get me started on drop leg holsters.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Lozart said:

Don't get me started on drop leg holsters.

Bastard things🤬

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Tackle said:

Bastard things🤬

I mean, if they're set up right they work well...IF.

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I mean, if they're set up right they work well...IF.

My problem is chunky wedge shaped thighs from years of ice hockey & rugby, & as most thigh straps have an elastic element, if movement allows them to drop down the thigh even an inch, then they resist coming back up & invariably try to pull the waistband down to them.

The alternative is to leave it looser, but then the rig flaps about, can't win lol.

I'm experimenting with wearing it higher on a mid ride plate & a non elastic thigh strap, definitely an improvement, gonna try it with my new Korth next 🤞

I personally can’t stand drop leg setups, even when they stay put vertically there’s too much mass rotationally if you’re active.

Hip or rig mounted all the way 😎

TBH I only have the thigh strap for a more positive draw being kydex/snap retention.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

I personally can’t stand drop leg setups, even when they stay put vertically there’s too much mass rotationally if you’re active.

Hip or rig mounted all the way 😎

TBH I only have the thigh strap for a more positive draw being kydex/snap retention.

TBH Dave that pic you've put up of your kydex rig is identical to what I'm setting up

Picked up a 2nd WAS 901 so have set it up for my AUG. 

Warrior 901 modified by the person I bought it from. Bib section removed making it lighter and more flexible. 

British Tactical double mag pouches x3, British tactical OMG open mag pouches x2. 

FMC Airframe with Urtactical cover and battery pouch in ranger green. 

PIG FDT gloves.

5DB4A50C-E5D5-4A4A-A8C2-5F54B4C37045.jpeg

E7F7DD6E-65FA-4928-A947-B1CA5654268D.jpeg

5BBCC492-621E-43CB-913B-BD126D742263.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play alot about 5 years ago. Sold all my gear to fund travelling/wedding. Decided 3 weeks ago to get back into it. Here's what I've got since, but unfortunately unable to play due to tier 4 🤬

-ASG YHM M4 with lonex A1 motor
- Was recon plate carrier
- OD gloves
- OD dump pouch

- 2x3 m4 mag pouch 
- 10x valken mid caps

Still waiting on these to arrive

- pressure switch and mounts for Olight M2r
- warq full face mask
-Source kangaroo 1L hydration system

20201227215809-01.jpeg

20201227215533-01.jpeg