Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters

Looks pretty well adjusted, which is a rarity.  Get a standard non-FR issued UBACS if it's still warm when your local re-opens though or you'll die of dehydration 😂

1 minute ago, TheFull9 said:

-Looks pretty well adjusted, which is a rarity.  Get a standard non-FR issued UBACS if it's still warm when your local re-opens though or you'll die of dehydration 😂

Yeah thanks, I've got a couple of the non-fr ubacs', I'll keep the fr one for cold/er weather and the others for hotter games. 

5 hours ago, MandalShArK said:

Navy SEAL Stoner Gunner loadout. 

IMG_20200623_175651.jpg

IMG_20200623_185753_380.jpg

IMG_20200623_185753_381.jpg

Out of all the wars, Vietnam was my favourite.

That Vietnam loadout is superb.not sure bout the jeans tho?

3 hours ago, Shaydee said:

Pretty sure that's a life jacket/vest/preserver, not sure what the SEALs call them.

Yep just a life vest. Standard seal issue from the 60's onward. 

4 hours ago, Kevin moulding said:

That Vietnam loadout is superb.not sure bout the jeans tho?

All the rage back then.

561db73aeeb43.image.jpg

efd5cfc09bb13f4654988056d58dd44c.jpg

3 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@MandalShArK what is the black component of your kit under the ammo belts?

SEAL issue Life vest mate

On 22/06/2020 at 21:16, TheFull9 said:

Looks pretty well adjusted, which is a rarity.  Get a standard non-FR issued UBACS if it's still warm when your local re-opens though or you'll die of dehydration 😂

And then go for the hero sleeves and you've pretty much got the whole look nailed down, right?

• Supporters

I mean it's cool and practical to roll the sleeves either to the elbow or at least partially when it's hot vs cinching them closed around the wrist, way more air flow.  The look of not-collapsed-on-the-floor is the one I'd recommend though.  It just always sticks in my head that almost bob on 2 years ago from today I was at a small site with temperatures much like they are now (peaking over 30) and 2 guys turned up in all black gear with PCs, then I'm pretty sure they drank either nothing or coffee/energy drinks and both feinted in the safe zone shortly before lunch.  I was there in a super thin MC combat shirt (i.e. light colours) with a small chest rig and thin coverings all over much to protect myself from the sun, still sweating lots but drinking loads of water, the occasional bite of a cereal bar, felt warm but fine.  Not saying this is anyone here but it was an eye opener to how unaware folks sometimes is when it comes to being out in climates they're not usually in.

Agree completely. Wouldn't even consider wearing a Plate Carrier for any activity without a Camelbak also, almost regardless of the weather conditions. It's amazing how quickly you can dehrydate on a day like today.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

I mean it's cool and practical to roll the sleeves either to the elbow or at least partially when it's hot vs cinching them closed around the wrist, wat more air flow.  The look of not-collapsed-on-the-floor is the one I'd recommend though.  It just always sticks in my head that almost bob on 2 years ago from today I was at a small site with temperatures much like they are now (peaking over 30) and 2 guys turned up in all black gear with PCs, then I'm pretty sure they drank either nothing or coffee/energy drinks and both feinted in the safe zone shortly before lunch.  I was there in a super thin MC combat shirt (i.e. light colours) with a small chest rig and thin coverings all over much to protect myself from the sun, still sweating lots but drinking loads of water, the occasional bite of a cereal bar, felt warm but fine.  Not saying this is anyone here but it was an eye opener to how unaware folks sometimes is when it comes to being out in climates they're not usually in.

People are mostly stupid. Mostly.

• Supporters
On 26/06/2020 at 11:47, TheFull9 said:

I mean it's cool and practical to roll the sleeves either to the elbow or at least partially when it's hot vs cinching them closed around the wrist, wat more air flow.  The look of not-collapsed-on-the-floor is the one I'd recommend though.  It just always sticks in my head that almost bob on 2 years ago from today I was at a small site with temperatures much like they are now (peaking over 30) and 2 guys turned up in all black gear with PCs, then I'm pretty sure they drank either nothing or coffee/energy drinks and both feinted in the safe zone shortly before lunch.  I was there in a super thin MC combat shirt (i.e. light colours) with a small chest rig and thin coverings all over much to protect myself from the sun, still sweating lots but drinking loads of water, the occasional bite of a cereal bar, felt warm but fine.  Not saying this is anyone here but it was an eye opener to how unaware folks sometimes is when it comes to being out in climates they're not usually in.

This has been a bugbear/argument of mine probably for 19 of the 20 years I've been playing, my first year I felt the need for all the kit, soon realised that actually most is unnecessary, especially wrapping yourself in layers of all covering tactical nylon, & ditched most of it.

Back then I was a lot fitter, but still found myself dripping before the safety briefing finished, & even now you look around the average safezone & there'll be some guys who aren't at their peak, maybe overweight, mature in years, generally unhealthy, or maybe a combination of all of the above, but their loaded up like their off to war for the next few weeks, not bimbling around a few a acres of land for the next 40 minutes.

& While their carrying everything bar the kitchen sink, the one thing their often lacking is fluids, "cos waters heavy innit" ffs.

I've seen loads drop mid game because of this mindset, & im surprised there's been no fatalities in the summer months (that I'm aware of ?)

Now that my ghillie is complete, I've finally fully done what will be my primary loadout (above my M14 loadout I posted previously, which is my secondary if I need the semi-auto ROF).

I love this loadout because it's super lightweight. The ghillie, as you can see, is built on a mesh base that only covers my back, allowing it to be breathable. Outside that all I'm carrying is the belt kit and the VSR, both of which are lightweight. In total, all I carry around are the VSR, ghillie suit, belt kit including P226, 4 spare pistol mags, 3 spare VSR mags, 1 spare CO2 bulb, water canteen (full). Usually wear this over a simple OD shirt and pair of trousers (because I like the PMC look, so no camo patterns!)

IMG_20200629_143257717.jpg

• Supporters
On 26/06/2020 at 05:47, TheFull9 said:

I mean it's cool and practical to roll the sleeves either to the elbow or at least partially when it's hot vs cinching them closed around the wrist, way more air flow.  The look of not-collapsed-on-the-floor is the one I'd recommend though.  It just always sticks in my head that almost bob on 2 years ago from today I was at a small site with temperatures much like they are now (peaking over 30) and 2 guys turned up in all black gear with PCs, then I'm pretty sure they drank either nothing or coffee/energy drinks and both feinted in the safe zone shortly before lunch.  I was there in a super thin MC combat shirt (i.e. light colours) with a small chest rig and thin coverings all over much to protect myself from the sun, still sweating lots but drinking loads of water, the occasional bite of a cereal bar, felt warm but fine.  Not saying this is anyone here but it was an eye opener to how unaware folks sometimes is when it comes to being out in climates they're not usually in.

Yea, Im always amazed at all day MilSims in the Southern US in late August, or really Autumn in general... Its not uncommon for me to drive out onto the field at ENDEX and pick up heatcas guys who are having trouble making it back to camp... Heck I almost never run long sleeves anymore, and I had Roman make me some short sleeve combat shirts so I can stay bougie yet cool.

I thought, as we do not seem to be getting a game in the next few weeks up here, that I’d knock up a belt kit. This was largely based on me buying an HK45 Tac last week (Thanks Rob!).

From left to right:

- Pair of Esstac Kywi pistol pouches, they look too close to each other for the base plates in this image but once curved around a midriff they fit perfectly. 
- Pair of Esstac Kywi mid height M4 pouches for fast reloads. 
- Double M4 mag pouch with either an Odin speedloader or two more mags. 
- Tactical Tailor water bottle/GP pouch, for either water or assorted crap. 
- Emdom BOMB pouch for bangs or as a rough admin pouch. 
- WAS Universal holster with TM HK45 Tactical. 

I’ve not had the chance to use it in a game yet but it all works well in drills so far. 

D6030035-3E73-4303-A626-29C6789B105A.jpeg

8 minutes ago, BigStew said:

need a holster for the back up sig and might switch out the mag pouches with molle so i can fit a few flash bang pouches but it will do for now

MVIMG_20200704_111530.jpg

What's the compensator on the HK45? I don't think I've seen an airsoft HK45/P30L with one before.

1 hour ago, tibernius said:

What's the compensator on the HK45? I don't think I've seen an airsoft HK45/P30L with one before.

3d printed https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2379627 . there is a company that makes a machined version with a revised barrel adaptor but it's £170 if you can find it.

got a couple of pics of my new gear at RIFT comms site 3 last saturday...

Osprey plate carrier and pouches, MTP UBACS shirt and trousers, MTP battle belt from Kombat (with extra pouches)

And armed with my EMG John wick hicapa in hardshell holster on my chest, and my nuprol pioneer defender with ST m203 grenade launcher

Random hat i found at home and the GSR gasmask were items i already had...

(Pics courtesy of the marshals at RIFT, and published in the gallery on the RIFT website)

DSCN1250_(Custom).jpg

IMG_3430_Custom.jpg

IMG_3431_Custom.jpg