Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

Finally had some half decent pics from a game day in my more modern kit. 

B7F378A5-A4DD-4EA4-AA80-C0FD35D5D1AB.jpeg

3604B736-EEC8-44B3-9794-45E014D3DCA1.jpeg

B0F4CE62-E21F-483B-AB72-F42F43FB8664.jpeg

• Supporters

iX working pretty well.

I feel that middle pic really just quintessentially sums up an awful lot of UK woodland sites, especially in the winter (that's been my experience at least).  Almost entirely just brown, which is why DPM et al can stand out and also why I rate my plain CB kit and want some concamo-brown.

The middle pic is in one of the heavily fought areas that’s been cleared to construct a series of small bunkers and fox holes. 
a large part of the site is more like the top pic. 
But uk winter is generally just brown. Brown mud, brown ferns, brown leaves. And Brown pants for the poor bloke in the bunker in the middle pic as I was running in to post a bfg through the window lol

• Supporters

This is why I avoid certain sites in the winter, slipping & sliding all over the place equals injuries that then affect the weekday workdays.

• Supporters

27st down to 18st, jeez, well done mate, I'm sure it wasn't just Airsoft that helped you lose it, but it's a great incentive when your trying to find kit that fits, & not pay an arm & a leg for it.

👍

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Monkman said:

1st Sunday of December, was about 2 degrees C.  Within 15mins no one felt the cold.. lol Was mental day @ ACE Airsoft.   NamesNicco and his mates turned up to play as Elves. :)  (Here's a few of me...normally i'm hidden away from the camera too busy pew pew pewing as well as being a fat bloke.. Am 18st in the pics..was 27st when I first started 2 years ago)  Also trying out my new M81 camo.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Ah yes, Gods Plaid. Nice pics and well done on the weight loss!

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

A few recent pics of my kit:

IMG_20191218_120933.jpg

IMG_20191218_120841.jpg

IMG_20191218_115543.jpg

IMG_20191218_121006.jpg

IMG_20191218_121159.jpg

IMG_20191218_120326.jpg

Clearly all cheap/fake tingtong knockoffs 😜

(I'm well jell really👍)

22 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Clearly all cheap/fake tingtong knockoffs 😜

(I'm well jell really👍)

Backstreet HK market cheapo rubbish...

7 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

Go on, annoy me. What deal did you get in the Peltors?

Oh blimey, had them a long time now, I think the headset and mic were £200, the PTT £50 and the guy's fee to make it all work for my PMR446 radios £5.

1 hour ago, Dentonboy said:

Oh blimey, had them a long time now, I think the headset and mic were £200, the PTT £50 and the guy's fee to make it all work for my PMR446 radios £5.

Yeah that is a cracking deal!

On 26/10/2019 at 08:34, Cromulon1994 said:

I've played in a suit before, but never gave it much thought. 

A mate suggested a payday theme as he bought the official vinyl masks, so we modified them into airsoft masks, (and tested them)

Lined the inside of the jackets with velcro, added some pouches, and it was the most comfortable days airsoft I've had in ages. 

Just carry 4 mid caps, a bfg each and some spare 209s in a tic tac box. 

45 quid for a suit from matalan, can't remember what he paid for the masks, and some pouches nicked off an old chest rig. 

I used one of those masks for Halloween haha. Posed with some of my guns and gear but didn't use it in a game. How did you modify them? I'd be worried about it getting obliterated! Could be a themed game idea in there somewhere though.

Unfortunately I didn't have the appropriate signature weapon for the character, but oh well.

DSC_0055.thumb.JPG.196cf3581a163fdd458e029bad37b4b1.JPG
(Second finger isn't on the trigger, just weirdly wrapped around the grip/guard and looks odd lol)

DSC_0052.thumb.JPG.6897ca3a0ed30beac021eab6564b3f26.JPG

My actual airsoft getup is more along these lines...

80643424_1159833517553053_3130732272009871360_n2.jpg.3b6cbd214af0ff266b8ee1d17748b443.jpg

I keep using cheapo primaries and spending all my money on other stuff, so excuse the springer shotgun. Although I play entirely CQB right now so if it ain't broke...
Also I really need to find the actual decent resolution photo of that, all I could find was this lowres one. Will edit if I find it.

-Currently using a second hand Secutor Velites SII with a cheapo light and low power red laser combo as a primary, more than enough shells to not have to constantly refill them on the vest.

-TM P226 E2 bought second hand pre-upgraded with a tighter inner barrel and maple leaf bucking (although I hear TM is top there anyway so may not do much for it), didn't lock back but otherwise worked fine. Changed the slide to a stainless coloured one but kept it plastic, replaced the BBU housing with a guarder lighter one as both stock TM BBU housings I have were slightly worn, still not locking back and I was hoping the guarder one would be stronger despite being lighter. Got 5 mags, belt and IMI holster and mag holders with the P226. 2 of the mags leaked bad but a quick disassembly and lubing up of the seals fixed that. One has a busted feed lip which will be easy enough to replace.

-Goggles are legit Revision desert locusts, the fan version, with prescription inserts. I got so sick and tired of OTT fogging I always seem to suffer from I figured my main recent budget would go on minimising the issue as much as possible.

-Headset is awesafe. No mic but I have tinnitus so I use them so I can still hear people but it mutes pyro a little. Not pictured is the radio setup that I can attach to them with a 3.5 jack and I use cheapo retevis speakermic as my mic, plugged into a cheapo Retevis.. R24s? I think.

-Trousers from verusteleka.com (I love 'em)

-Shirt some cheapo UBACS style shirt from amazon.

-Vest and pouches all just cheapy MOLLE things mostly from amazon. I just had the rifle/SMG mag pouches on there for the lols, normally I'd have either those if using my partners MP7 or just the shotgun shell pouch and shell loops.

-First aid kit is just a booboo kit with home first aid stuff for post-game nicks, cuts, BBs stuck in places. No need for a real IFAK with no medical training, but a realistic combat loadout should always have something that looks like one IMO lol.

-Kneepads are alta, boots are from 'vegetarian shoes' as I'm a dirty vegetarian and won't buy new leather. They have foldable/removable ice studs and are pretty damn comfy. Finish wears on the outside quite fast though but then I always do suck at looking after boots. 

Positioning isn't final, haven't actually run a game to test everything with the latest setup yet as I've been busy or ill for ages. I was using cheaper goggles, a less practical shirt, a different shotgun, no sidearm for the last couple games. And yes I know it's an absolute mess of cheap and expensive crap. 

Edit: Not the same pics in high quality, but other closeup angles of various things (I like my loadout to be plausibly realistic over truly practical. Also bit more of a workout haha..), minus a radio setup me and some friends split the cost of.

DSC_0170.JPG

DSC_0174.JPG

DSC_0175.JPG

DSC_0176.JPG

DSC_0178.JPG

14 hours ago, KirbyHCI said:

I used one of those masks for Halloween haha. Posed with some of my guns and gear but didn't use it in a game. How did you modify them? I'd be worried about it getting obliterated! Could be a themed game idea in there somewhere though.

If it's one of the official vinyl ones then they take bb hits perfectly fine. Better than some actual airsoft masks to be honest. 

Just cut mesh eyes and bonded it inside the mask, and drilled a few small vent holes around the nose mouth and chin. 

And then tested. I once bought a face mask from patrol base that when I tested (with a 280fps pistol) the bb went straight through the eye protection. 

13 hours ago, KirbyHCI said:

Unfortunately I didn't have the appropriate signature weapon for the character, but oh well.

DSC_0055.thumb.JPG.196cf3581a163fdd458e029bad37b4b1.JPG
(Second finger isn't on the trigger, just weirdly wrapped around the grip/guard and looks odd lol)

DSC_0052.thumb.JPG.6897ca3a0ed30beac021eab6564b3f26.JPG

My actual airsoft getup is more along these lines...

80643424_1159833517553053_3130732272009871360_n2.jpg.3b6cbd214af0ff266b8ee1d17748b443.jpg

I keep using cheapo primaries and spending all my money on other stuff, so excuse the springer shotgun. Although I play entirely CQB right now so if it ain't broke...
Also I really need to find the actual decent resolution photo of that, all I could find was this lowres one. Will edit if I find it.

-Currently using a second hand Secutor Velites SII with a cheapo light and low power red laser combo as a primary, more than enough shells to not have to constantly refill them on the vest.

-TM P226 E2 bought second hand pre-upgraded with a tighter inner barrel and maple leaf bucking (although I hear TM is top there anyway so may not do much for it), didn't lock back but otherwise worked fine. Changed the slide to a stainless coloured one but kept it plastic, replaced the BBU housing with a guarder lighter one as both stock TM BBU housings I have were slightly worn, still not locking back and I was hoping the guarder one would be stronger despite being lighter. Got 5 mags, belt and IMI holster and mag holders with the P226. 2 of the mags leaked bad but a quick disassembly and lubing up of the seals fixed that. One has a busted feed lip which will be easy enough to replace.

-Goggles are legit Revision desert locusts, the fan version, with prescription inserts. I got so sick and tired of OTT fogging I always seem to suffer from I figured my main recent budget would go on minimising the issue as much as possible.

-Headset is awesafe. No mic but I have tinnitus so I use them so I can still hear people but it mutes pyro a little. Not pictured is the radio setup that I can attach to them with a 3.5 jack and I use cheapo retevis speakermic as my mic, plugged into a cheapo Retevis.. R24s? I think.

-Trousers from verusteleka.com (I love 'em)

-Shirt some cheapo UBACS style shirt from amazon.

-Vest and pouches all just cheapy MOLLE things mostly from amazon. I just had the rifle/SMG mag pouches on there for the lols, normally I'd have either those if using my partners MP7 or just the shotgun shell pouch and shell loops.

-First aid kit is just a booboo kit with home first aid stuff for post-game nicks, cuts, BBs stuck in places. No need for a real IFAK with no medical training, but a realistic combat loadout should always have something that looks like one IMO lol.

-Kneepads are alta, boots are from 'vegetarian shoes' as I'm a dirty vegetarian and won't buy new leather. They have foldable/removable ice studs and are pretty damn comfy. Finish wears on the outside quite fast though but then I always do suck at looking after boots. 

Positioning isn't final, haven't actually run a game to test everything with the latest setup yet as I've been busy or ill for ages. I was using cheaper goggles, a less practical shirt, a different shotgun, no sidearm for the last couple games. And yes I know it's an absolute mess of cheap and expensive crap. 

Edit: Not the same pics in high quality, but other closeup angles of various things (I like my loadout to be plausibly realistic over truly practical. Also bit more of a workout haha..), minus a radio setup me and some friends split the cost of.

DSC_0170.JPG

DSC_0174.JPG

DSC_0175.JPG

DSC_0176.JPG

DSC_0178.JPG

Nothing wrong with a spring shotty when playing CQB.

4 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

If it's one of the official vinyl ones then they take bb hits perfectly fine. Better than some actual airsoft masks to be honest. 

Just cut mesh eyes and bonded it inside the mask, and drilled a few small vent holes around the nose mouth and chin. 

And then tested. I once bought a face mask from patrol base that when I tested (with a 280fps pistol) the bb went straight through the eye protection. 

Nice. Yeah it is one of the official vinyl ones. I might do similar some time, or just see if I can squeeze it over my primary goggles reasonably after adding some vent holes.

I'd have thought they'd chip real bad and you would have had to put a layer over it or something, but I guess not! I might spray the front with some clear matte lacquer I have to protect it anyway, reckon that's a good idea? Although that might be just as bad for it...

3 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Nothing wrong with a spring shotty when playing CQB.

I'd love gas just for the easier pump action but springer is fine, less maintenance, and gets my off arm working out a bit haha - Also should get a rifle next not more shotguns. If I had bought it new I'd have gone for the one with a stock, may just get an aftermarket one if I can confirm it'll fit. Only downside is reloading often but that's a fact for any tri-shotty, last game I got caught as the last person on the team, mid-reload, trying to defend. The guy shot 3 times, missed besides a skim across my bare arm I didn't notice until later, but I surrendered as there was no way I could get a new shell in and cock it before he pulled the trigger again. Should be able to counter that now I have a sidearm, folks say never buy a used airsoft P226 but I couldn't help myself when I saw a good deal at a bootsale and now I feel confident in fixing the damn things up lol. 

• Supporters

A stock helps a ton with a spring shotgun, pushing backwards against your whole body through the stock when cycling is way easier than trying to 'pincer' both hands together by pushing forward on the grip at the same time as moving the pump.  Frankly I don't know who's saying that a 2nd hand P226 is such a bad idea in airsoft, at least if it's a TM.  You see far more other brands for sale than you do TM, because everyone usually keeps their TMs and the 226 is easily one of their best offerings.