Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

25 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Was purchased as a job lot from Canada, I didn't arrange it so can't say where exactly it was purchased from.

Thought it was genuine when I looked at the texture of it in your other pic... Saw one in a kit group the other month, should have grabbed it! 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Musica said:

72972256_559869158113314_800384281362196

Is my chest rig too low? 

Depends...how low is your chest?

Facetious comments aside, if it works for you, it's where it needs to be. Simple.

3 hours ago, Musica said:

Is my chest rig too low? 

Technically probably should be around 2-3 inches higher. However, as lozart said, if it works for you and you can get to everything quickly, why change it

5 hours ago, Musica said:

Is my chest rig too low? 

Yes.

The top should sit right in line with your nipples, so that your belly is clear of anything.

Depends primarily on how comfortable you feel though. I like my rigs to sit high, others like them low and sloppy around their bellies :P

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Musica said:

Is my chest rig too low? 

Looks fine, as has been pointed out it's about you being comfortable & being able to access mags etc, as well as move & bend comfortably.

i wear mine quite low, cos I'm a porker 🐷.

General question re; harness+belt vs. a plate carrier - does a plate carrier setup help much in the winter we're now getting into? In the summer I'd sweat buckets with just my harness and belt, I suppose a shirt under my invader gear top might help in winter but yeah just wondering how they fare for you guys in different weather.

Edit: Might aswell post my helm. Got my new TMC RAC headset in tan today, looks a lot better imo;

vs old;

z0tJWOB.jpg

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, paradoxum said:

General question re; harness+belt vs. a plate carrier - does a plate carrier setup help much in the winter we're now getting into? In the summer I'd sweat buckets with just my harness and belt, I suppose a shirt under my invader gear top might help in winter but yeah just wondering how they fare for you guys in different weather.

Depends what you mean by help, any sort of PC, Armour carrier, vest or large chest rig will inherently hold in heat.  It's just a couple of layers of thick, non-breathable fabric - physics.

Technically speaking when you don't need to protect your vital organs from bullets and frag a belt rig and layering with some jackets is better overall because you control how you layer up or down (and adjust heat retention with zips), whereas a piece of load-bearing equipment on your torso just retains a fixed amount of heat and sweat with no capacity for adjustment.

Which layers to wear on your torso all depends on activity levels, ambient temp and precipitation/wind, plus it's also kind of a personal thing depending on how hot you personally 'run'.  If you're always red and sweaty and rarely stand still then probably just a wicking t-shirt with uniform shirt/softshell jacket.   If you're cold blooded and lay on the ground a lot then a long-sleeve insulated base layer followed by mid-layer (PCU L3 thick fleece, PCS issue 'buffalo' etc) with a smock or softshell over the top might be good.  That would be a super simple breakdown of the bare bones for a typical UK autumn/winter day.

10 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Depends what you mean by help, any sort of PC, Armour carrier, vest or large chest rig will inherently hold in heat.  It's just a couple of layers of thick, non-breathable fabric - physics.

Technically speaking when you don't need to protect your vital organs from bullets and frag a belt rig and layering with some jackets is better overall because you control how you layer up or down (and adjust heat retention with zips), whereas a piece of load-bearing equipment on your torso just retains a fixed amount of heat and sweat with no capacity for adjustment.

Which layers to wear on your torso all depends on activity levels, ambient temp and precipitation/wind, plus it's also kind of a personal thing depending on how hot you personally 'run'.  If you're always red and sweaty and rarely stand still then probably just a wicking t-shirt with uniform shirt/softshell jacket.   If you're cold blooded and lay on the ground a lot then a long-sleeve insulated base layer followed by mid-layer (PCU L3 thick fleece, PCS issue 'buffalo' etc) with a smock or softshell over the top might be good.  That would be a super simple breakdown of the bare bones for a typical UK autumn/winter day.

That's actually pretty helpful thanks. I tend to sweat a lot in general so I'm just worried about running about in the cold, sweating, and then stopping and freezing my ass off from the cold sweat.

• Supporters

Load bearing kit won't really play in to that as much as your clothing, though obviously any rig will not allow sweat to evaporate through it unless it's like a vest that's mostly mesh.  Primarily don't wear anything with cotton in it, cotton fibres love soaking up water, go for pure synthetics (poly and nylon) especially on the base layers so you don't have a moisture sat next to your skin, but this applies to all layers.  Almost all camo uniforms are poly/nylon and cotton blended together, if you really want to stay dry get a cheap UK mil issue t-shirt (they wick and dry as quick as any gucci kit if not better) and wear a non-insulated softshell of the best quality you can afford (the fleece insulated ones hold on to sweat and makes it take far longer to be transported from the inside to the outside of the jacket).  If you add in a mid-layer make sure it's highly breathable and lets air through, not something thick and dense that'll hold on to that evaporated sweat.

4 hours ago, paradoxum said:

Edit: Might aswell post my helm. Got my new TMC RAC headset in tan today, looks a lot better imo;

vs old;

z0tJWOB.jpg

Looks awesome. How are you finding those headphones?

10 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Only problem I see is you didn’t make the bed first!

Look, I'm having a tidy up and I tried to crop it out okay!? 😂

Also, on that note, the really useful 9l storage boxes are perfectly sized for magazine storage.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Sawyer said:

Don't know what you mean mate!

manymags.jpg

Ha! Amateur.

Post image

• Supporters
1 minute ago, carlos469 said:

My Daniel Defense MK18 AEG 😄 hope yall like it.

Should I keep the covers on or off from the sides of the rail?

IMG_20191018_123853_588.jpg

20191018_123156.jpg

Very nice, I'd leave them off but I wear gloves so that may make the difference for comfort.