Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

I had the genius idea of mounting the headset on the rear rail when I noticed they swivelled, more room now for the light and they can easily be swung back behind the helmet. The screws that attached them to the metal plates that go on the rails were too small though and enough pressure pulled them out, I ended up putting some self tapping slightly larger screws in and using a dremel to cut the bits protruding out the back off because I couldn't find perfectly sized screws or nails. Anyway recommended mod for those replica headset mounts.

V3pr0EE.jpg

XZEPoyl.jpg

gE8RzyR.jpg

hWBgS3e.jpg

il4shGA.jpg

V3pr0EE.jpg

• Supporters

Only problem i can see as there designed to be used vertically not angled almost horizontal like you’ve got them is A; your going to get a lot of noise bleeding in to the cups (rather defies the the point of the noise canceling function) and as they aren’t designed to be used in that orientation there going to press on your ears and get painful as hell very quickly . Sorry bud 😢 

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Only problem i can see as there designed to be used vertically not angled almost horizontal like you’ve got them is A; your going to get a lot of noise bleeding in to the cups (rather defies the the point of the noise canceling function) and as they aren’t designed to be used in that orientation there going to press on your ears and get painful as hell very quickly . Sorry bud 😢 

I must have small ears because I thought of that and they fit as snug at the other way round, they're angled a bit - I was even thinking of trimming one side of the metal arms off and bending the other to get a better fit. 

Also I really need to sort out some replacement lenses for that mask because it fogs up just sitting down on the couch wearing it. It's also pretty hot and front heavy, battery pack in the back balances it but just think I'm gonna get a sore neck and end up roasting. Found this one last night and now I wanna get this - cost as much as the dang mask itself! And the base helm platform.

https://www.weapon762.com/helmet/1921-tmc-super-flowing-helmet-light-version-with-modular-lightweight-mask.html?search_query=TMC+Super+Flowing+Helmet+Light+Version&results=1#/4-color-multicam

2 hours ago, paradoxum said:

I must have small ears because I thought of that and they fit as snug at the other way round, they're angled a bit - I was even thinking of trimming one side of the metal arms off and bending the other to get a better fit. 

Also I really need to sort out some replacement lenses for that mask because it fogs up just sitting down on the couch wearing it. It's also pretty hot and front heavy, battery pack in the back balances it but just think I'm gonna get a sore neck and end up roasting. Found this one last night and now I wanna get this - cost as much as the dang mask itself! And the base helm platform.

https://www.weapon762.com/helmet/1921-tmc-super-flowing-helmet-light-version-with-modular-lightweight-mask.html?search_query=TMC+Super+Flowing+Helmet+Light+Version&results=1#/4-color-multicam

If you want some that are designed to be mounted on the back there are these. You can probably get cheaper ones if you shop around.

£108.82  20%OFF | Tactical TMC Functional Version RAC HeadSet for Fast Maritime SF Highcut Sentry Helmet ARC Guide Rail BK/DE/RG
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cWn4Ro0o

12 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

If you want some that are designed to be mounted on the back there are these. You can probably get cheaper ones if you shop around.

£108.82  20%OFF | Tactical TMC Functional Version RAC HeadSet for Fast Maritime SF Highcut Sentry Helmet ARC Guide Rail BK/DE/RG
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cWn4Ro0o

I saw those but I've already got a fairly pricey headset :(

• Supporters
5 hours ago, paradoxum said:

Also I really need to sort out some replacement lenses for that mask because it fogs up just sitting down on the couch wearing it. 

I’d recommend getting some revision sawfly lense wipes , give the visor a once over before each game and it ‘should’ help a fair bit .

Another thing you could try as well is drilling small holes in this area of the mask on both sides to increase the airflow.

B74A824B-9F98-4738-BFAF-931E0C93DA14.jpeg

Good suggestions but I've already just gone and returned the mask and helmet and will get that other one, will end up saving money and looks a lot lighter etc.

51 minutes ago, paradoxum said:

Good suggestions but I've already just gone and returned the mask and helmet and will get that other one, will end up saving money and looks a lot lighter etc.

I'm planning on doing a similar look with one of these. It's going to need some modifications to make it safe though. I'm swapping the crap lense for mesh and wear my bolle Tracker 2s underneath and install a stiffer spring and a cover for the catch 

-785540951787359167.jpg

Almost finished my harness / belt, just waiting on a double grenade pouch and I'm set.

https://imgur.com/a/ZkFMfpP

OOgSp7I.jpg

bMQYgCp.jpg

afA5zl5.jpg

lohz7ls.jpg

lohz7ls.jpg

liy5ysA.jpg

liy5ysA.jpg

hD1iGhS.jpg

uBBc1Il.jpg

Mostly Templars Gear stuff, 4x pistolmag pouches, 3x rifle, dump bag, knife, misc / binoculars bag, carabiner, medum hydration pack with 1l bladder, 2x large 'grenade' pouches for the M41A PR mags. BoaFeng radio mounted on the back of the hydration pouch. I've got a plate carrier I bought on the way a while back but I can't see how I'd need it - plus in this hot weather, y'know.

@paradoxum Very nice looking set up, it looks as though a lot of time, thought and effort have gone into it. Just out of curiosity, how long have you been in the game?

I must admit I've got a game on Saturday and I'm contemplating pulling all the pouches off of my plate carrier and running my chest rig over the blank carrier.

• Supporters
19 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I'm planning on doing a similar look with one of these. It's going to need some modifications to make it safe though. I'm swapping the crap lense for mesh and wear my bolle Tracker 2s underneath and install a stiffer spring and a cover for the catch 

-785540951787359167.jpg

I did basically the same thing with one I had as a project , I used a motorcycle helmet visor cut to shape and then stuck adhesive Velcro around the catch , made a small panel out of shaped kydex to go over it and job done . Another thing you can do is drill a small hole horizontally through the top section where it hinges up and put an Allen key in it (a slightly larger one than the hole so it’s a tight fit and won’t come out by accident) no way that’s opening by accident!

Ps you mite be hard pressed to get goggles underneath the visor , I have difficulty getting my normal glasses to sit comfortably and they have quite small frames as well .

203C4F66-8503-42ED-B2FF-3AC761549D4A.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I did basically the same thing with one I had as a project , I used a motorcycle helmet visor cut to shape and then stuck adhesive Velcro around the catch , made a small panel out of shaped kydex to go over it and job done . Another thing you can do is drill a small hole horizontally through the top section where it hinges up and put an Allen key in it (a slightly larger one than the hole so it’s a tight fit and won’t come out by accident) no way that’s opening by accident!

Ps you mite be hard pressed to get goggles underneath the visor , I have difficulty getting my normal glasses to sit comfortably and they have quite small frames as well .

203C4F66-8503-42ED-B2FF-3AC761549D4A.jpeg

Thanks for the tips. Yours looks awesome. It'll be a case of experimenting when I get it

I was just browsing aliexpress for ideas and I saw this listing, what are the rails on the side of the helm in the pics here? I've never seen them before.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33045290703.html?spm=2114

• Supporters

There the ones from this helmet/mask combo bud . 👍

77A1E7DA-0E3B-4B4E-AC3E-B912AB5A530C.jpeg

1 hour ago, BigBlackGlock said:

What do you use those rails for? Cams & flashlights? Vertical foregrip on each side for your partner to use your head as a battering ram?

You're right about the foregrips but way off base with why. Have you heard of the term squad bicycle? 😂

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, BigBlackGlock said:

I am getting some very strange images in my head right now 😂

Think pig tails on a hot bird , you’ll soon get it ! 🤤

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Unfortunately those were the images in my head, just wasn't a hot bird 😣 safe to say I won't be getting helmet rails any time soon

😳🤢🤮🥴

• Supporters
On 15/07/2019 at 18:59, Mantle said:

What chest rig is that bud?

It's the TMC copy of the spiritus systems micro chest rig.