Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

23 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@GearTech Out of curiosity what's your inspiration? It looks incredible and to be honest it reminds me a bit of some of the uniforms and kit used in Terminator Salvation. Keep up the excellent work!

@Lasbrisas17 Good work, I must admit I wouldn't mind a MICH myself but unfortunately my big fat head won't fit airsoft ones 🤣

The inspiration for this one came from listening to the amazing audio book "World War Z" (nothing like the movie) where Alpha Teams were dropped in to rally pockets of survivors and work on building back communities. The idea is this is one of the survivors that the teams are helping so he has a mixture of civilian, military and law enforcement kit. 

On 04/05/2019 at 14:00, TheFull9 said:

Hope you've got a cosplay instagram account for this kinda stuff, people over there fuckin love it.  Some airsofters will too of course but the real demand is in cosplay and I'd reckon that's an overall globally bigger 'thing' than airsoft these days.

My Instagram account has everything I paint. Always try to tag the right crowds when I post: @geartech_custompaint 

6 hours ago, GearTech said:

The inspiration for this one came from listening to the amazing audio book "World War Z" (nothing like the movie) where Alpha Teams were dropped in to rally pockets of survivors and work on building back communities. The idea is this is one of the survivors that the teams are helping so he has a mixture of civilian, military and law enforcement kit. 

Great book. Nice idea you came up with 👍

Subtle variances in kit used this week compared to last game day...

Guns

• Systema PTW w/Replica Eotech XPS, Magpul MS2 sling, PTS unity tactical mount, Magpul CTR stock, Magpul trigger guard, Magpul MOE pistol grip
  • TM M&P w/Streamlight tlr-1s
  • S-Thunder short launcher w/4.5s Tag rounds

Gear

• Crye black field shirt/Soflete "GUN BUNNY" T-shirt
  • UF Pro Striker XT (brown/grey) Combat Pants
  • Mayflower UW Chest Rig Gen IV chest rig w/Esstac kydex inserts, Thales fist mic
  • Ferro Concepts Slingster RG
  • Karrimor boots (similar to the KSB Jaguars)
  • OPS  D-Ring cobra warrior belt w/Esstac single M4 pouch, Spiritus Systems GP pouch, Tactical Tailor dump pouch,  Eagle Industries 40mm pouches

4EDA7F38-2D58-4C20-BADB-FC1233C699B2.jpeg

288C55B3-C77C-4B0C-9974-B58F54CB8867.jpeg

9FF6F7F8-A566-483B-AF3B-3F728AA3D52C.jpeg

My new and only cqb specific loadout, MK I, I wanted it to be as light as possible. A few fine tweaks still needed here and there but this is it for now. At some point I will be buying a dye i4, lighter and more flexible boots and most likely a lighter/cooler balaclava.

IMG_20190511_162458.thumb.jpg.a50effca8f6a25b9e7ab11bb9992671e.jpg

Here's my helm so far;

YE9XkRp.jpg

I didn't wanna spring for a GoPro so I bought a Xiaomi Yi Action Cam for £30 used on ebay, but I'm starting to wish I had just sprung for a GoPro Action or something. 

9XymLi2.jpg

evRxGRR.jpg

I'm waiting on a pair of Earmor M32Hs and a PTT switch for it. I've got a BaoFeng UV-5R (any help on how to use the damn thing? I feel like I need to attend some local HAM radio classes. I just wanna be able to tune into a team frequency and use it like that.)

The strap on this thing is really uncomfortable too. It was only a £15 jobbie from ebay, and I've seen some for like £70 that have better looking straps, is there a specific brand of fast helm I should be looking at?

15 hours ago, paradoxum said:

Here's my helm so far;

YE9XkRp.jpg

I didn't wanna spring for a GoPro so I bought a Xiaomi Yi Action Cam for £30 used on ebay, but I'm starting to wish I had just sprung for a GoPro Action or something. 

9XymLi2.jpg

evRxGRR.jpg

I'm waiting on a pair of Earmor M32Hs and a PTT switch for it. I've got a BaoFeng UV-5R (any help on how to use the damn thing? I feel like I need to attend some local HAM radio classes. I just wanna be able to tune into a team frequency and use it like that.)

The strap on this thing is really uncomfortable too. It was only a £15 jobbie from ebay, and I've seen some for like £70 that have better looking straps, is there a specific brand of fast helm I should be looking at?

The best strap you could get is probably a team Wendy cam fit system which will run you well over £100. You can also get H-nape or x-nape (honestly repros of these are fine but repro occ dials are shit). FMA does an 'upgraded strap system' which is essentially a worm dial, haven't tried it but that might be an option. Since you don't have much stuff of real weight on your helmet a H-nape and better padding should do.

I'm currently running an FMA H-nape repro with a team Wendy epic liner which together are very comfortable and really hold the helmet on securely (FMA maritime) you will probably end up having to make the liner and whatever strap you use work together. it's a pain in the backside but means that the helmet is comfortable for days. literally.

I personally didn't get on well with the original FMA wormdial as it had a tendency to put quite a bit of pressure on the back and side of my head before loosening it's self and ending up resting on eyepro which caused all kinds of fogging issues 😂

On 14/05/2019 at 11:11, Crazy_Crystal said:

I'm currently running an FMA H-nape repro with a team Wendy epic liner which together are very comfortable and really hold the helmet on securely (FMA maritime) you will probably end up having to make the liner and whatever strap you use work together. it's a pain in the backside but means that the helmet is comfortable for days. literally.

I personally didn't get on well with the original FMA wormdial as it had a tendency to put quite a bit of pressure on the back and side of my head before loosening it's self and ending up resting on eyepro which caused all kinds of fogging issues 😂

I have the same setup as you, epic liner and FMA H-nape does the trick (I have MICH 2001 though) but I just ordered a team wendy cam fit to increase comfort. 

• Supporters

Bit of backyard pLinking to get in the mood for tomorrow! 

(gun is empty, hence the lack of eyepro ;))

aviary-image-1558138239660.jpeg.f5f72380c09b33bf92f68b279a54f826.jpeg

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Gepard said:

Bit of backyard pinking to get in the mood for tomorrow! 

(gun is empty, hence the lack of eyepro ;))

aviary-image-1558138239660.jpeg.f5f72380c09b33bf92f68b279a54f826.jpeg

WTF's "backyard pinking" ?, is it some kinda effeminate prancing around like a pretty unicorn 🦄 type thing.😜

as opposed to "backyard pLinking",  which as everybody knows is target shooting etc (usually at the wife's flowerpots), if it's safe to do so in your backyard obviously.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

WTF's "backyard pinking" ?, is it some kinda effeminate prancing around like a pretty unicorn 🦄 type thing.😜

as opposed to "backyard pLinking",  which as everybody knows is target shooting etc (usually at the wife's flowerpots), if it's safe to do so in your backyard obviously.

You know the worst part is I went back to change that before I posted and it still autocorrected.. :rolleyes:

Guest Marauder211

I put a new scope on my baby! This ACOG scope was by far the most useful scope i have ever used, even if it is on an AEG. I think i may buy an SR25 for my next gun.

20190520_113757.jpg

20190520_113743.jpg

• Supporters

Me and my best bud going for a bit PMC at UCAP Vendetta yesterday .

4DB1BB58-6667-4B9D-8FF1-428086851027.jpeg

So that's my lightweight load out sorted. May add a dump pouch just an an extra carrying option for sundries for longer games.

IMG_20190523_165523_256.thumb.jpg.43b7629f75c973077cd7b43aac2194c7.jpg

On 15/05/2019 at 00:23, Lasbrisas17 said:

I have the same setup as you, epic liner and FMA H-nape does the trick (I have MICH 2001 though) but I just ordered a team wendy cam fit to increase comfort. 

helmet_new4.jpg

What the hell helmet is that? It looks a billion times better than the 12y/o bicycle helmets interiors you can find. How much did it run you? (without all the extras)

12 hours ago, paradoxum said:

What the hell helmet is that? It looks a billion times better than the 12y/o bicycle helmets interiors you can find. How much did it run you? (without all the extras)

Its an emerson MICH 2001 however I replaced the padding, straps and NVG shroud. I think it cost like £45-50

31 minutes ago, Lasbrisas17 said:

Its an emerson MICH 2001 however I replaced the padding, straps and NVG shroud. I think it cost like £45-50

Perhaps a bit of a random question but what is the diameter of your head? I've been looking for a MICH/ACH but unfortunately I've got a bit of a big noggin.

2 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Perhaps a bit of a random question but what is the diameter of your head? I've been looking for a MICH/ACH but unfortunately I've got a bit of a big noggin.

I can't remember but i'm L/XL in size, the helmet fits 57cm - 60cm / 22 3/8"- 23 5/8" Head Circumference.

46 minutes ago, Lasbrisas17 said:

What straps / padding? Most uncomfortable part for me are the straps. I've worn bike helmets most of my life and my £300 bike helmet I could wear all day without getting uncomfortable.

On 24/05/2019 at 11:48, paradoxum said:

What straps / padding? Most uncomfortable part for me are the straps. I've worn bike helmets most of my life and my £300 bike helmet I could wear all day without getting uncomfortable.

I use the team wendy epic liner which will set you back around £100+ and they are hard to find, the straps I use are the FMA H-nape around £15 but I am replacing them for team wendy cam fit which is £100+ again.