Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

9 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Not a problem for me but I don’t have the strap horizontal I cross them behind my knee bottom to top and visa versa , mite be worth a try next time ? 

That's a helpful piece of information. I've stayed away from strapped kneepads after wearing some for a couple of hours work and being in pain

59 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

That's a helpful piece of information. I've stayed away from strapped kneepads after wearing some for a couple of hours work and being in pain

Having tried it in the house this evening, it feels immediately more comfortable.   It feels looser but still holds the Kneepads as stable.  Will definitely try it this weekend.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

It feels looser but still holds the Kneepads as stable.  Will definitely try it this weekend.

You will feel there looser and you will find they do ‘settle’ a little lower like this but flip side I never had them ever slip down like they do with a ‘traditional’ strap set up .

and that’s after wearing them on ops and everything for days on end ! 👍

On 11/03/2019 at 18:40, Druid799 said:

What’s that piss ant little torch on your wrist !? Get a 3cell maglite minimum !

😂😂👍 

Lol, I have one just neither the batteries to operate it nor the means to mount it to my hand, but for OP Sunset I should have both of those.

So i bought a set of FMA 2r Regulator Fan Goggles... Now, i've heard the antifogging is great, but i am slightly worried about the lenses... I've not seen anybody wearing them have issues.

• Supporters

"Loadouts: British MTP (all genuine british issue including vest exc knee pads)"

You can get issue Revision eye pro that will stop IED frag for £20 on eBay, then you'd not have this concern.  Much better some fogging than shot in the eye.  You can get all sorts of anti-fogs and aftermarket fan kits.  FMA is not a brand from which to be buying the one and only utterly crucial piece of protective equipment needed in airsoft.  The double irony is that what you've bought is a chinese knock-off of Revision goggles and they cost the same as the real ones that don't have the fans.  Not in a million years would I trust that stuff to protect my eyesight and neither should anyone else.

Not trying to come across harsh here but this is one subject where the facts need to be stated very very clearly and where I will not compromise.

2 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

"Loadouts: British MTP (all genuine british issue including vest exc knee pads)"

You can get issue Revision eye pro that will stop IED frag for £20 on eBay, then you'd not have this concern.  Much better some fogging shot in the eye.  You can get all sorts of anti-fogs and aftermarket fan kits.  FMA is not a brand from which to be buying the one and only utterly crucial piece of protective equipment needed in airsoft.  The double irony is that what you've bought is a chinese knock-off of Revision goggles and they cost the same as the real ones that don't have the fans.  Not in a million years would I trust that stuff to protect my eyesight and neither should anyone else.

Not trying to come across harsh here but this is one subject where the facts need to be stated very very clearly and where I will not compromise.

I get you, dude. If they don't work i still have my bollé X1000 goggles, i'm scared of modding them in case of ruining the structural integrity of them.

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Marauder211 said:

I get you, dude. If they don't work i still have my bollé X1000 goggles, i'm scared of modding them in case of ruining the structural integrity of them.

They DON'T work, they're knock off chinese goggles.  Are you mad?

4 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

They DON'T work, they're knock off chinese goggles.  Are you mad?

In my defense i have seen independant youtubers test them with a 350 fps and 500 fps rifle, some minor damage but they got through, the fan seemed to work as well. Now, i still have my BOLLE goggles so when i recieve them i'll test the lenses with a full auto burst from my Ares and Classic Army. Also to answer your question: I tend to blur the lines between Madness and stupidity... But i won't use them without testing first.

Said minor damage was a negligible dent or scuff.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Marauder211 said:

In my defense i have seen independant youtubers test them with a 350 fps and 500 fps rifle, some minor damage but they got through, the fan seemed to work as well. Now, i still have my BOLLE goggles so when i recieve them i'll test the lenses with a full auto burst from my Ares and Classic Army. Also to answer your question: I tend to blur the lines between Madness and stupidity... But i won't use them without testing first.

Said minor damage was a negligible dent or scuff.

The ones those youtubers had worked perfectly yeah, the ones you have?  No guarantee they were even made in the same factory, let alone to the same standard.  

A dent in a lens from a BB would be a massive indicator that they're not suitable, a proper polycarb might get a bit of grease on it from the BB shattering, but there will never be an actual mark. 

23 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

The ones those youtubers had worked perfectly yeah, the ones you have?  No guarantee they were even made in the same factory, let alone to the same standard.  

A dent in a lens from a BB would be a massive indicator that they're not suitable, a proper polycarb might get a bit of grease on it from the BB shattering, but there will never be an actual mark. 

True, i'll look at returning them and save up for a pair of Smith optics or something...

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Marauder211 said:

True, i'll look at returning them and save up for a pair of Smith optics or something...

Any of the Smith Optics regulator type goggles are designed for parachute work or vehicle work where you will get fast, consistent airflow to stop them fogging up. For airsoft they're just not going to work well as you won't be moving enough.

Revision and ESS both do decent turbofan goggles, try them instead.

37 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Any of the Smith Optics regulator type goggles are designed for parachute work or vehicle work where you will get fast, consistent airflow to stop them fogging up. For airsoft they're just not going to work well as you won't be moving enough.

Revision and ESS both do decent turbofan goggles, try them instead.

Smith also does turbofan goggles

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Skara said:

Smith also does turbofan goggles

Ah yes, the Outside the Wire ones. Also the most expensive of the lot!

Unfortunately, over the last 3yrs, these have gone up massively in price, I purchased them for £105 from Tactical Kit, however, they do work very well and the fan is quiet.

https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/revision-desert-locust-fan-goggle-essential-kit-15381-p.asp

So the game on Saturday had snow, hail, rain and sleet set to repeat from 10am to 3pm and the  the last hour we finally got some respite.  The loadout became a wear whatever is comfy etc, so by the end of the day I was running around dressed like this lol.

20190319_172701.thumb.jpg.27cef08d7ff6b863649d66c6eb6cc000.jpg

Just trying yet another headgear setup for this weekend... New pair of goggles I mainly got for the prescription inserts, but they seem to gather sweat at an alarming rate so I may forgo that idea. Good googles for the range though. I'll probably go with my bolle's instead this time around. They seem to be the only pair I've got that don't fog immediately, but I've yet to wear them at a game given I kind of gave up on seeing for a while, between no contact lenses and fogging and went to mesh. I'll probably ditch the snood too, bit too warm. Interested to get some opinions on the beret too; I'm a big fan of them but I'm aware it can be a bit of an offence to wear one having not earned it; I hoped to avoid this by getting a nondescript black one, but I'd still swap it if asked. I can save it for when I can afford some WWII re-enactment gear, be a tanker. Anyway main point of this: Any suggestions for goggles? I noticed the previous conversation about fan goggles and I've started looking into them, blimey they're pricey! But given my years of different eye-pro I'm thinking worth the cost eventually, just to be able to see. I'm looking at prescription inserts because I don't bother with contact lenses day to day and they're not worth getting (I have an odd prescription too) for how little I get to a game. I'd appreciate any suggestions for something cost effective! (And tacticool). 

spacer.png

• Supporters

generally a beret without a cap badge is fine to most ex-service personnel, the only exception sometimes is if its of a colour specific to only one regiment, maroon para beret being a good example, then sometimes people still get shirty.

BUT the downside to a plain beret is it usually looks shite, & you end up looking like the lovechild of Frank Spencer & Citizen Smith (ask you parents who they were 😏).

As for snoods etc, they will always add to problems with misting up, better to go with a mesh faceguard of some kind, allows condensing breath to dissipate.

57 minutes ago, Tackle said:

generally a beret without a cap badge is fine to most ex-service personnel, the only exception sometimes is if its of a colour specific to only one regiment, maroon para beret being a good example, then sometimes people still get shirty.

BUT the downside to a plain beret is it usually looks shite, & you end up looking like the lovechild of Frank Spencer & Citizen Smith (ask you parents who they were 😏).

As for snoods etc, they will always add to problems with misting up, better to go with a mesh faceguard of some kind, allows condensing breath to dissipate.

Mind at rest about the beret a bit at least, thanks, I've done a quick google though and I see what you mean! It's a unique look to the Airsoft field at least 😆 And I've had that impression of the snood, I'm actually wearing a lower mesh over it in the picture, I mainly got it for CQB use under a mesh, just to fill the gaps and cover my ears, or use on its own at a woodland site, but given it's warmth and contribution to fogging I shall just go without I think! Perhaps it will see a return if I ever can afford a good pair of fan goggles. Kit's always an ongoing process, finding whats most comfortable, just trying things out, so I've added fan goggles to the many favourites folders of kit and guns I have already! 

P.S Idea for the beret, could get a metal badge of some description that isn't military, think World of Tanks do some pin badges of their battle medals? Might not be worth it, again I'll add it to the 'get round to at some point' list!