Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

9 hours ago, cropzy said:

Looks like I'm a speedsofter now.

Where's your SpeedQB patch?

A kit somewhere in between speed and milsim.

It's my milsim load bearing equipment mixed with my Austrian Summer blouse, M81 trousers, cheap kneeps, Adidas Gazelles (Supplementary Mockbas), and my personally modified scrim boonie.

The gun is a VFC Avalon I've modified to be a Colt SMG.

50638573_2288666248075378_6074475794099339264_n.jpg

50641949_547867372399106_7119718680434311168_n.jpg

50706021_1188979311271589_6991452123544158208_n.jpg

50745270_540175776461505_4994160668681699328_n.jpg

50745357_2216577248660083_5383725188955242496_n.jpg

50777177_378511506284957_1162043650071330816_n.jpg

50799422_2200130453352325_2236782988815761408_n.jpg

50837844_2225375547502017_4699020643633463296_n.jpg

51140335_543352519408415_4279451262786732032_n.jpg

51193523_559622074512077_7423113997697679360_n.jpg

I have finally got myself an Osprey mk4, bloody hell this thing is heavy! The camel back pouch is only temporary (from my assault vest) so if anybody can direct me where to get a british army camel pack (MOLLE on) that would be epic! (Yes those are power rangers douvet covers, i've had them since the 90's lol)

20190131_195035.jpg

20190131_195044.jpg

When you say heavy, how heavy are we talking out of interest? 

This isn't directed at you, but it amazes me watching reviews of airsoft guns when they complain about the weight of them.  They are probably all lighter than the real firearm, and that's before you add a mag of real rounds into the equation.

6 minutes ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

This isn't directed at you, but it amazes me watching reviews of airsoft guns when they complain about the weight of them.  They are probably all lighter than the real firearm, and that's before you add a mag of real rounds into the equation.

Don't worry, i'm not offended.

I mean that it's heavier than what i'm used to, my assault vest is a lot lighter by comparison. This has a lot more material and with the two bottles of 3000 bbs, 5 magazines (fully loaded) and various other objects invluding 3ltr water bladder. Luckily it doesn't have hard armour or real steel ammunition because it would weigh a ton. It's actually quite comfortable though and distributes the weight really well.

• Supporters
On 02/02/2019 at 04:27, Marauder211 said:

Don't worry, i'm not offended.

I mean that it's heavier than what i'm used to, my assault vest is a lot lighter by comparison. This has a lot more material and with the two bottles of 3000 bbs, 5 magazines (fully loaded) and various other objects invluding 3ltr water bladder. Luckily it doesn't have hard armour or real steel ammunition because it would weigh a ton. It's actually quite comfortable though and distributes the weight really well.

I ran an OP last May with soft armor. I may never skip leg day but after about 3 hours I took them out. Not fun. Even when we do work with SF/Army guys (we always kit up the same as them to prove it can be done) I hate using plates. Makes me love putting on my airsoft kit - way lighter by comparison haha.

14 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

I ran an OP last May with soft armor. I may never skip leg day but after about 3 hours I took them out. Not fun. Even when we do work with SF/Army guys (we always kit up the same as them to prove it can be done) I hate using plates. Makes me love putting on my airsoft kit - way lighter by comparison haha.

Bloody hell, dude! I'm glad mine didn't come with armour. I actually do squats wearing this vest XD. Army gear is very practical outside of airsoft and military.

• Supporters
On 02/02/2019 at 10:15, MagpieAirsoft said:

The osprey system is bloody heavy to start before you even put any kit on it BUT and this is the crucial bit , if it’s a properly sized and fitted to you you just don’t notice the weight , it just feels right . 

Ive seen loads on the field with ones that are obviously too big/small and I’d think there the ones that feel really really heavy to wear once fully ‘kitted out’ .

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

The osprey system is bloody heavy to start before you even put any kit on it BUT and this is the crucial bit , if it’s a properly sized and fitted to you you just don’t notice the weight , it just feels right . 

Ive seen loads on the field with ones that are obviously too big/small and I’d think there the ones that feel really really heavy to wear once fully ‘kitted out’ .

O must have the right size then because it distributes my weight real easy :)

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Marauder211 said:

O must have the right size then because it distributes my weight real easy :)

There ya go then ! 😁

A well fitted carrier (what ever the type) shouldn’t have any real affect on you ability to function due to you wearing it , if it does create any problems to your mobility then it’s not fitting correctly . 👍

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

I totally agree with you. Never had an issue with wearing webbing and load carrying equipment in real life. There is a lot to be said for carrying stuff lower down and letting your pelvis take the weihht rather than  your  shoulders and back.

My comment about airsofters (mostly YouTube ones) finding airsoft guns heavy just highlights the fact we are using toy  guns, as IMO they are always lighter than the real thing.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

My comment about airsofters (mostly YouTube ones) finding airsoft guns heavy just highlights the fact we are using you guns, as IMO they are always lighter than the real thing.

Oh god yes ! Nothing makes you hate life more than being on your absolute chin strap AND having to lump a fully loaded assault rifle across open uneven ground , T’was mainly an SLR for me with a sterling chucked in the mix every now and again! 😫

27 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Oh god yes ! Nothing makes you hate life more than being on your absolute chin strap AND having to lump a fully loaded assault rifle across open uneven ground , T’was mainly an SLR for me with a sterling chucked in the mix every now and again! 😫

L85/86 for me. But yeah, definitely some difference, and longer harder days than a typical skirmish.

Try being a Gpmg gunner. Or my best back breaker yet, Minimi gunner and the only bowman radio user in the section as well. 

My throat mic broke yesterday. Amazon were kind enough to refund me so i decided to buy myself a Tomtac Bowman style headset and a BaoFeng-compatible PTT.

On 11/02/2019 at 13:50, Marauder211 said:

My throat mic broke yesterday. Amazon were kind enough to refund me so i decided to buy myself a Tomtac Bowman style headset and a BaoFeng-compatible PTT.

I interested to see these when you get them , and how good they are!!

i was forced (by budget) to get knock offs without the sound amplification 

false economy I fear 😬

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I interested to see these when you get them , and how good they are!!

i was forced (by budget) to get knock offs without the sound amplification 

false economy I fear 😬

I'm probably going to mod the Bowman so i have some padding on my ear (they look unpadded) but i'm buying the PTT next week to save money. I have some new stuff arriving so i'm happy.

2 hours ago, Marauder211 said:

I'm probably going to mod the Bowman so i have some padding on my ear (they look unpadded) but i'm buying the PTT next week to save money. I have some new stuff arriving so i'm happy.

Woops , my bad. Wasn’t the Bowman that’s coming to me 🤦🏻‍♂️