Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

16 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

What lid is that, the helmet mount looks fairly robust and I'm looking for one.

It's a wilcox three hole shroud but you can get repro ones made by FMA, it did not come with the helmet (the helmet is an oper8 helmet that I got from socom tactical).

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/fma-wilcox-3-hole-night-vision-mount-black

Edit: not sure when you say helmet mount if you mean the adapter or the night vision mount but the night vision mount is an FMA INVG and the adapter is a norotos dual dovetail (they are expensive though and can only be found on facebook groups). 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Lasbrisas17 said:

My helmet setup with night vision

helmet8.jpg

Makes me think of a head mounted microscope some mad scientist would use ! 

1 hour ago, Fat-jd said:

Marauder211 what vest is that 

It is an older police-issue Protec assault vest. It was given to me from my sister's boyfriend. I'm planning to buy an Osprey system if i have the money.

I'm currently working on converting a BDU blouse of mine into a RAID mod blouse.

My decision came as follows:

"Hey that looks pretty cool, wonder if there's any for sale."

"Nice-DAMN! That's expensive."

"Hm, I could make one, but that's not gonna happen."

"Yeah, not gonna happen..."

"Guess it's gonna happen."

So I'll post pics when done.

On 15/01/2019 at 23:20, Lasbrisas17 said:

Shoutout to NoobyNico for helping me find night vision equipment

Glad you found what you wanted mate!
Awesome setup too bro

5 hours ago, _stylian_ said:

CTSFO impression? 

At first I wasn't basing my kit off of CTSFO but now i'm leaning towards their style, but it will never be the exact same, just more of an inspiration. 

I really like this setup I have here.

(Enhanced) LBV-88 with a personal ALICE setup. A couple of notes, half the tape holding the surplus strap is original gp tape that the guy still had on it when giving it away. The buttpack is dated 69, so I reckon it has some value to it past my kit. Also although the best is slightly off-kilter to my belt, it's still incredibly comfortable when drawing from either my LBV or the belt setup.

20190120_120448.jpg

20190120_120751.jpg

20190121_153700.jpg

On 07/01/2019 at 21:52, Smooth_Operator said:

These days I'm rocking a US Army UCP Digital Camouflage loadout.

I fancied something different and wasn't bothered by having camouflage that's basically useless, so I figured I'd wear the US Army's $5Billion mistake.

49371950_10157341760722448_2009075638236872704_o.thumb.jpg.dc51195a8d407467774fbe7c58ceef85.jpg

I stand out like a sore thumb, but I love the look. Haters gonna hate though, eh?

The loadout comprises:

• US Army ACH Helmet, Issued UCP camouflage Cover and Revision Wolfspider Goggles
  • US Army Interceptor OTV protective vest system
  • US Army issue wicking combat shirt
  • US Army issue ACU combat trousers
  • US Army issue knee pads
  • Lowa desert combat boots
  • Mechanix M-Pact gloves

FB_IMG_1546802973698.thumb.jpg.8b91b3031176c33994cb4c1b9173bafd.jpg

The camouflage actually does work quite well against the concrete buildings at my local site, but in grass I may as well wear luminous orange...

I'd say the key positive of the loadout is that the US Army put a lot of time, money and effort into making the kit comfortable. So despite the weight of the kit, it feels great to wear and isn't crazy warm either.

49261883_10157341764597448_8479239150044708864_o.thumb.jpg.0245af43d0031bb96c455399b45ec681.jpg

The sniper in the photos is my Ares Amoeba Striker AS01.

• Ares Amoeba Striker AS01
  • Short outer barrel
  • Action Army hop unit
  • CrazyJet inner barrel
  • Bespoke Airsoft cylinder kit
  • 90 degree GAP sear
  • Ares flash hider
  • 3.5x - 10x scope
  • Maple Leaf Deception bucking
  • Maple Leaf concave nub

Photos in this post were taken by the lovely @Arwen at yesterday's game day. (Viper Strike Airsoft in Dundee.)

Yeah I don't get the haters - maybe due to only playing at one woodland site so far - you can see almost everyone easily at these ranges unless they are behind decent cover. Amazing how much mtp I see in winter. But not trying to knock that either, just would be cool to see more variety. I'm going to be sticking out like a sore thumb in this next...with drop leg mag pouches. Division ish. 

IMG_20190122_234023.jpg

Made plenty of people jump on either my team or the opposition whilst wearing Flecktarn. One mate says it's like a blur, some simply just don't see you at all especially if you're still.

Then again how many people walk into a room and don't see someone if they're sitting dead still. Movement is a big give away hence why tiny slow movements can go undetected even at very close range. Add silence and it's ninja-tastic.

Think of a Lion hunting, creep, stop, creep, stop. Before dinner knows what's happening it's dead.

Mm I have been looking at flektarn a lot lately. It looks like it would be great for this time of year but I haven't seen it on the field yet 😉. That's it, at the relatively short ranges I play, poor movement will give you away whether you are in a ghillie suit or UCP. Also depends how you like to play or maybe the respawning rules of the game. If I was sniping then I would priotorise my camo. But with unlimited spawning I like to push forward from cover to cover. Camo won't help you there! As long as you like what you wear then all good. 

At this time of year with a lot of green undergrowth dead and browned the desert version holds up well; Tropentarn. It's a little harder to find as a full kit but still possible. Flecktarn is the cheapest of the two and there's plenty of it on Fleabay for pittance.

Flecktarn, DPM and tiger are great camos for the UK outdoors. 👍

A variation of my lumber-tac loadout.

No chest rig or mags because arp drum. Also camo pants instead of plain colours (green or grey) because reasons.

A quick list:

Clothing:

A-tacs FG pants

H&M green/black checkered shirt

Crispi Ranger Desert GTX boots

Mechanix FastFit gloves in guccicam

Condor ball cap with a bodged gopro mount, camera is a Hero 3 Silver

Valken Sierra goggles (which for some reason didn't fog today despite the rain)

OneTigris mesh mask

Belt is my standard battle belt, basically double pistol mag pouch, WAS m4 mag pouch, dump, radio, utility.

Backpack is a Condor Tidepool with a radio pouch attached. Didn't carry a bladder, used it to store a first aid kit and spare eyepro. Really liked it, allows for great mobility and low profile :)

Gun, not pictured: ARP 9, still stock, just a t1, foregrip and battery extension unit.

P_20190127_123229_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

P_20190127_123048_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

• Supporters
On 24/01/2019 at 17:01, Resistor170 said:

Yeah I don't get the haters - maybe due to only playing at one woodland site so far - you can see almost everyone easily at these ranges unless they are behind decent cover. Amazing how much mtp I see in winter. But not trying to knock that either, just would be cool to see more variety. I'm going to be sticking out like a sore thumb in this next...with drop leg mag pouches. Division ish. 

IMG_20190122_234023.jpg

BUT is that your noble steed and do you ride him in too battle like nights of old ????⚔️