Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

This is what i ran yesterday.

I thought it was going to be painful and uncomfortable..

Since i switched from plastic plates to foam ones that thing (jpc) has become one of the most comfortable items i've ever worn for airsoft!

Forgive me for the lack of mags, but the rig is supposed to hold 4 midcaps for cqb games, while in the pictures i'm carrying my 3 brand new Lonex flash mags..

I also ditched a lower mesh face mask, I used one of those stretchy neck tubes in multicam, did a good job at protecting my mouth..

P_20180128_123112_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

P_20180128_123121_vHDR_Auto.jpg

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Skara said:

Since i switched from plastic plates to foam ones that thing (jpc) has become one of the most comfortable items i've ever worn for airsoft!

Plastic plates in a JPC? That doesn't sound comfortable at all! Glad you swapped them out for foam. Did it not come with any?

25 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Plastic plates in a JPC? That doesn't sound comfortable at all! Glad you swapped them out for foam. Did it not come with any?

The emerson jpc comes with plastic plates, they're hollow so they are not as stiff as real SAPIs but having a piece of plastic pushing on your spine isn't exactly pleasant..

You can fill them with sand and they become as heavy as the real deal iirc..

These foam ones (just noticed they're from emerson as well lol) are thicker but they flex a lot more so the carrier bends and molds to your shape instead of digging into your back. They're also slightly heavier (talking grams) than the plastic ones but you don't really feel the difference once wearing it.

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, Skara said:

The emerson jpc comes with plastic plates, they're hollow so they are not as stiff as real SAPIs but having a piece of plastic pushing on your spine isn't exactly pleasant..

These foam ones (just noticed they're from emerson as well lol) are thicker but they flex a lot more so the carrier bends and molds to your shape instead of digging into your back. They're also slightly heavier (talking grams) than the plastic ones but you don't really feel the difference once wearing it.

I see. The MODI came with foam plates and has always been super comfy to wear for skirmishes.

Guest pierce09

Brought most of my stuff over from the US. Just no rifles. 

My last few events’ kits 

this is an AOR2 kit used for an American Milsim event in New Mexico last September. 

3 hours ago, Gepard said:

I run foam filled plastic plates in my PC. Ive never had any problems with comfort although I'm a pretty slim build. I prefer it and it makes a really loud whack when you get hit so you know even if you don't feel it.

On 27/01/2018 at 11:10 PM, Albiscuit said:

I like the mix of camo and black..

Thanks, I actually ended up running black kit all day yesterday as my coveralls have built in knee pads and lots of vents when it got a bit warmer. First time I had run full black kit for around 12 years lol. I actually really enjoyed using it way more than I thought I would. 

This is what my legs looked like before lunch. It got much worse lol

20180128_124521.jpg

4 hours ago, Gepard said:

I see. The MODI came with foam plates and has always been super comfy to wear for skirmishes.

Due to the rough terrain I thought I'd be too encumbered to move relatively fast, but I actually had no problem at all..

At the local shop the choice was between the emerson and the tmc one, which at the time was out of stock.. I didn't want to order it online because being a chinese copy I was afraid to find flaws and not be able to get a refund/swap..

Before the foam plates I used it once and was planning to sell it because of how uncomfortable it was, I used it on a cqb game in an abandoned 1861 era fortification (there's 40 just around my town) so I didn't even have to climb hills or do anything physically challenging.. Now? I may sell it just to get the real crye one :D

53 minutes ago, MSSW Rune said:

Thanks, I actually ended up running black kit all day yesterday as my coveralls have built in knee pads and lots of vents when it got a bit warmer. First time I had run full black kit for around 12 years lol. I actually really enjoyed using it way more than I thought I would. 

This is what my legs looked like before lunch. It got much worse lol

Black kit isn't actually bad, it's just that in a wooden environment you're confined to play in dark areas or just #yolo towards the enemy.. I guess blending in with the surrounding colours isn't really an option :P

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Skara said:

Due to the rough terrain I thought I'd be too encumbered to move relatively fast, but I actually had no problem at all..

At the local shop the choice was between the emerson and the tmc one, which at the time was out of stock.. I didn't want to order it online because being a chinese copy I was afraid to find flaws and not be able to get a refund/swap..

Before the foam plates I used it once and was planning to sell it because of how uncomfortable it was, I used it on a cqb game in an abandoned 1861 era fortification (there's 40 just around my town) so I didn't even have to climb hills or do anything physically challenging.. Now? I may sell it just to get the real crye one :D

If you like the style but don't want to fork out the cash for a Crye then the MODI could be a good alternative. I'd say it's one of the better replicas on the market and it's not cheap tat like the Emerson one is (sorry, but I've owned one - it's true!). 

7 minutes ago, Gepard said:

If you like the style but don't want to fork out the cash for a Crye then the MODI could be a good alternative. I'd say it's one of the better replicas on the market and it's not cheap tat like the Emerson one is (sorry, but I've owned one - it's true!). 

Emerson do an updated a JPC same price as the MODI and it looks a lot better ( as in better than the previous version not the MODI ) , multicam on the updated Emerson looks a little closer to genuine crye and I think they actually use genuine multicam material.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Emerson do an updated a JPC same price as the MODI and it looks a lot better ( as in better than the previous version not the MODI ) , multicam on the updated Emerson looks a little closer to genuine crye and I think they actually use genuine multicam material.

Oh I didn't realise they updated it. The one I had was pants. 

I went for the emerson as in some pictures I saw genuine multicam fabric, when I saw it live though, it's way darker and "plasticky" compared to my tactical tailor mini mav.. At that point I should have picked the tan one instead of going multiglam... I have partially solved the issue by attaching a few condor pouches, which are closer to the genuine crye pattern when it comes to colours.. Also I'm the only one running multicam gear in my team, everyone else either goes with Italian vegetata or plain OD green (green actually looks dope on a-tacs fg, which is our team's camo).

I guess I'll stick to what I have until it breaks :)

At the end of the day you get what you pay for, you can't expect much from a €70 plate carrier, it's like asking for Triumph performance from a Royal Enfield bike..

36 minutes ago, Skara said:

I went for the emerson as in some pictures I saw genuine multicam fabric, when I saw it live though, it's way darker and "plasticky" compared to my tactical tailor mini mav.. At that point I should have picked the tan one instead of going multiglam... I have partially solved the issue by attaching a few condor pouches, which are closer to the genuine crye pattern when it comes to colours.. Also I'm the only one running multicam gear in my team, everyone else either goes with Italian vegetata or plain OD green (green actually looks dope on a-tacs fg, which is our team's camo).

I guess I'll stick to what I have until it breaks :)

At the end of the day you get what you pay for, you can't expect much from a €70 plate carrier, it's like asking for Triumph performance from a Royal Enfield bike..

They do produce one with genuine multicam material, you must have been unlucky!

On 1/29/2018 at 2:53 PM, Skara said:

Try switching out to swimmers plates, I run them in my slickster with a 0.5mm foambacking and they are amazingly well contoured to the body rather than having to wait for the foam to bend...

I also filled the Swimmers plates (as they have a recess) with sand and ball bearings as I use the slickster for cross fit type stuff so each plate weighs in at about 5kg (I have an empty pair and a full pair)

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

No a speedsofter and speedsofters are good.

Luckily we have no such people here in Italy xD

Not saying speedsofters are bad people, don't get me wrong.. It's just a playstyle that doesn't fit to us :P

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Too fast for you? 

No, but airsoft in Italy is much more "tactical" and intended as a simulation rather than a modern version of hide and seek as you (or someone else wrote in another thread).. If you have some patience I can translate the rules and objectives of the first tournament of this year and post them somewhere in the general area so you get an idea of what airsoft is in my country :)