Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• 3 weeks later...

Not a proper loadout as the clothing and accessories are missing, but i'd like to share my "new" (3 weeks old) tournament rig.

How do most tournaments work here in pasta country? every team has to complete several objectives spread across a wide area (we're talking about 2 to 4 kilometres of mainly rough terrain between each objective), objectives must be completed within 15 minutes from the first engagement, they may vary from just eliminating the defending squad to free a hostage to blow up a missile silo, you know, all that fun stuff. Usually they last about 8 hours straight with no pause unless some real world emergency happens.

So, I need to travel as light as possible.

Let's take into account a few things:

-We play with high caps and we can refill ammo whenever we want since we have to carry enough bbs for the whole day, so no need to carry 20 magazines, one in the gun plus 2 spares is enough.

-due to large distances and rough terrain, long range comms are the key to a well played tournament and personal/team safety, so i always have my Midland G7 with spare batteries, and a kenwood VHF/UHF radio in my backpack, it's light and it can reach to emergency frequencies.

-We're on our own, so a basic toolkit (multitool + few bits and bobs) and a spare battery or two.

I picked the Tactical Tailor Mini MAV in Multicam, added a double open top condor in MC, a invader gear radio pouch in MC and a classic army evasion pouch (it's just a small utility) in tan.

I couple this with a 20 litres backpack that carries my water, food, waterproofs, bbs and "mission specific equipment" like pyros and props.

Soon i'll post a picture of the whole loadout.

P_20171026_200051_vHDR_Auto.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Scrolling through this thread at 2am reminds me that I haven't showed off my pew pew kit yet. So here's my current multicam build or, as @Shaun Haynes likes to call it "that hideous pattern". 

6 hours ago, Gepard said:

Scrolling through this thread at 2am reminds me that I haven't showed off my pew pew kit yet. So here's my current multicam build or, as @Shaun Haynes likes to call it "that hideous pattern". 

Errrrrr multicam  tbh I'm starting to come around to not hating it as much. Still would never wear  it as  think everyone who does looks the same.  Much prefer the more militia and civillian type load outs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

OMG yes! haha

12 hours ago, Reevy said:

Excuse the amount of multicam, slightly regret not mixing it up with some tan but hey, we all learn from our mistakes and i’ll fix it up in the future (does the job for now and doesn’t look too bad imo)

Nowt really wrong with multiglam. Just not unique. I've a full loadout too, but now decide to play different. Looks fine to me.

39 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

One from this weekend at drakelowe tunnels, really nice fun site. Very well run. 

Good to know, that's on our site list for in the new year.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Bottledtorment said:

I can hear the purists screeching about mix matched camos!

I don't think anyone's ever got that riled up over mixed camo, I've worn mixed camo to almost every game I've ever played and nobody made the slightest comment; I'm sure it happens rarely but not that often give how common it is for people to do.  I did get some real sh*tty remarks about "how rich I must be to have real magpul" many years ago when Magpul was 'the' thing (2010-11 ish I think), never an issue with mixed clothing though.  I'm more indecisive about my outfits than your average lady before a night out, also I tend to like the look of 2 just totally mismatched colours/patterns, especially if they're a bit more 'unusual'.

5 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

Snip

I was originally planning on wearing my Austrian Pea for over coat but I didn't like the idea of the excess length.

I updated my kit a bit.

the same concept from my last post remains, but i decided to switch from a backpack to a battle belt..

This is more of a "Wake up early on sundays and go slap your friends in the face" kit..

On my chest rig: i've eliminated the small tan utility and the radio pouch in favour of a Templars Gear soft utility pouch in MC, looks better and holds a lot more stuff.

On my battle belt:

the belt itself is a Invader Gear tan belt, with a Helikon cobra inner belt in OD, i've put my radio pouch on the right and i'll have my comms wires running diagonally underneath my chest rig to end up on my left shoulder, this because i'm right handed and i want to be able to communicate while still being able to shoot the bad guys.

Next to that i have a Invader Gear MC utility, which stores my IFAK and snacks, then a cheap ass Royal (italy's equivalent of Nuprol) horizontal MC utility pouch that holds my 1200rnd mag and a bottle of water, a Condor tan roll up dump (will switch to a MC one soon and web this one on my jpc) and a Condor map pouch, still in MC, which basically holds all those little items i may need to use, such as spare batteries, tools, eyepro cleaning cloths, you name it, i have it in there.

Compared to my "old" kit i've lost a lot of storage space in favour of a lower profile, improved mobility and overall reduced weight.

There's also a more subtle reason, there's a lot of new members in my team who don't carry a backpack or a decent kit, so they always ask others to carry their bbs/clothing/spares. I guess it's a good way to teach them what to carry and what to leave in the car depending on the day.

I'll be trying this kit out next week, since i can't play this sunday ( :'( ) and soon i'll add a picture with the kit on my person.

P_20171201_164712_vHDR_Auto.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got some

bad new about my tendons. About a week ago so can only play short games now which basically mean can only play cqb  so have changed loads in my loadout.    I would like a helmet ( but really hard to find the right shade of green i need) too  but I'm gonna wait till current loadout get destroyed then will   swap to a plaid shirt and black  tactic bits. (Helemet chest rig etc etc)

15155721828331376051940.jpg

On 12/28/2017 at 11:47 AM, CKinnerley said:

The basis of my 2nd go at putting together my ideal PC.  FirstSpear back, cummerbund and shoulder pads.  Front panel and shoulder straps built from scratch.

25651646113_f0bbc18d93_c.jpg

Could have got one of the tubes on the shoulder strap as well or didn't you not want that function?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Could have got one of the tubes on the shoulder strap as well or didn't you not want that function?

The shoulder tubes are great if you're drowning or on fire, never needed them in airsoft and I almost never use them.  Occasionally if I'm knackered and being very lazy I'll just lean forward and open 1 cummerbund and 1 shoulder tube so the whole rig just falls right off but then obviously all your kit clatters down on to the ground; or at the least you have to make very sure you're holding tightly on to the other shoulder strap when it swings off your body.  My usual/preferred method is to just open 1 at the cummerbund and lift the rig over my head, quickest and easiest way of getting a PC off and back on again overall.

Just now, CKinnerley said:

The shoulder tubes are great if you're drowning or on fire, never needed them in airsoft and I almost never use them.  Occasionally if I'm knackered and being very lazy I'll just lean forward and open 1 cummerbund and 1 shoulder tube so the whole rig just falls right off but then obviously all your kit clatters down on to the ground; or at the least you have to make very sure you're holding tightly on to the other shoulder strap when it swings off your body.  My usual/preferred method is to just open 1 at the cummerbund and lift the rig over my head, quickest and easiest way of getting a PC off and back on again overall.

I've had ideas for some mods to my slickster to function in the same sort of way as its handy to not have to remove the packard every time just to get the carrier off.