Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

Boots?

You don't need a pistol. They are fun and of course there are 'pistol only' games here and there, but you'd almost certainly get more use out of a BFG or even a back up AEG. How are you doing for batteries and charger? Cleaning rod and alcohol swabs? Silicone oil?

You may find that a shemagh over your mouth makes you uncomfortably hot, but everyone has their own attitude towards the risk of losing teeth. Personally the idea gives me the shivers so I run mesh masks = ultimate BB protection and not sweaty like a cloth solution.

+1

This whole post.

much +1

Aha well you may have inspired a little DIY for when I build my recon rig so be proud of yourself and enjoy the skirmish

"My milkshake brings all the boys to yard!!!"

+1

This whole post.

much +1

Cleaning rod, alcohol wipes and silicone spray in the loadout?

What about sandwiches?

I was considering making a gillie hood to stuff in pocket for woodland games?

2nd aeg before pistol. cleaning rod, silicon oil. shemags tend to come off due to heat n sweat.

sandvich if you are a heavy.

wouldn't bother with gillie just yet if I was you.

• Supporters

Got some squirty squirty too, from Maplin.

Thanks chaps, very informative.

YW

Squirty squirty? I hope you mean silicone oil, because some other types of oil can do serious damage to various AEG parts - for eg WD-40 should never be used in any way which could result in it getting into the hop (so not in the gearbox either as air is drawn through the gb and picks up micro droplets of oil and grease as it does so). That said, while a lot of people seem to enjoy aerosol silicone oil, personally i think it is a sledgehammer to a drawing pin at times - you don't want loads of it inside mags for eg because oily BB's will not be as affected by the hop and possibly not evenly, but just 1 or 2 max drops in a midcap mag is enough to make the spring and follower operate more smoothly and increase capacity sometimes.

YW

Squirty squirty? I hope you mean silicone oil, because some other types of oil can do serious damage to various AEG parts - for eg WD-40 should never be used in any way which could result in it getting into the hop (so not in the gearbox either as air is drawn through the gb and picks up micro droplets of oil and grease as it does so). That said, while a lot of people seem to enjoy aerosol silicone oil, personally i think it is a sledgehammer to a drawing pin at times - you don't want loads of it inside mags for eg because oily BB's will not be as affected by the hop and possibly not evenly, but just 1 or 2 max drops in a midcap mag is enough to make the spring and follower operate more smoothly and increase capacity sometimes.

Light silicone oil of course.

I had noticed that the Dytac midcaps can hold 150 BBs but they are sold as 120's and yes I stripped and oiled them when I got them.

Lookin' good Mac! Semper Fi!!

Mack, that vest is sharp as f*ck. Where did you get it from?

It's a solidfox CPC mate, RSOV have them, cost me £190. Carrier is £170 shipped but only got stung for £20 import :)

Hmm.. I don't really agree with that. They're both fairly modern styled plate carriers, but that's about where the similarities end. There's a lot of differences.

As far as I can see the only difference is built in m4 mag pouch and a steel wire? What else?

• Supporters

Well apart from

The cut of the PC

The size difference

The harness

The plate bags

The internal cummerbund

The integrated mbitr pouches

The kangaroo pouch

The shoulder pads

The quick release system

The internal stkss system

The internal pads

The ability to zip on panels

They are pretty much the same :)

And the very obvious velcro panel ;)

• Supporters

So, I cancelled that UNCompany order above because the shipping turned out to be nearly $50 - went with just the G&P AK receiver, Saw Style pistol grip & top cover for $90.80 shipped. Dunno what has happened to them in the last year - they used to be uber cheap, but these days their shipping is always extortionate - but i can't get that receiver and grip both in stock at the same site to find a cheaper alternative. Considered going with a CYMA receiver instead, but i'm not convinced that the quality of old style CYMA metal receivers matches what I want for this build.

I might be able to recoup a few quid by selling the top cover, because I want a ridged AKM style one for this build - it's a part that may get lost i spose... fingers crossed lol!