I think justBBguns are breaking the law?

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

okay, i was on their site after a friend said they're just as good as proper ones and ws looking at their guns and found this:

http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/index.php?page...49&cname=BB Guns&sname=BB ELECTRIC GUNS&menu=sub&head=CQB RECEIVER

I know that unless you are a registered skir isher it has to be 51%+ two tone but on this gun you can just take off the front two tone bits as all they are is rail covers.

Does anyone know if this is illegal or not?

(oh btw I was also lauging at how they suggest some of their guns are skirmishable)

okay, i was on their site after a friend said they're just as good as proper ones and ws looking at their guns and found this:

http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/index.php?page...49&cname=BB Guns&sname=BB ELECTRIC GUNS&menu=sub&head=CQB RECEIVER

I know that unless you are a registered skir isher it has to be 51%+ two tone but on this gun you can just take off the front two tone bits as all they are is rail covers.

Does anyone know if this is illegal or not?

(oh btw I was also lauging at how they suggest some of their guns are skirmishable)

quite sure it is illegal but seen it before (on similar type of site thou).

they used to have some real airsofts under the pro section I think thou?

• Supporters

The dumbest thing about justbbguns is that they actually aren't bb guns.

BB guns fire metal 4.5mm balls made of steel or copper and tend to have some form of magazine, if it's plastic and 6mm it's airsoft and if it's a conical type thing, it's an air gun.

So they're wrong, illegal and sh*t lol.

BB guns fire metal 4.5mm balls made of steel or copper and tend to have some form of magazine, if it's plastic and 6mm it's airsoft and if it's a conical type thing, it's an air gun.

It was the same story with the SVD bison as the gun had a orange mag Ie illegal.

Who wants to complain!

could it not be argued that the rail covers are part of the gun when sold and sent out then it is up to the buyer if they break the law by taking the two tone off the gun and using it without.

i know common sense would say the two tone should only count on a fixed part of the gun but what i have seen of uk law it can be twisted alot so could it be argued he is not breaking the law.

im not supporting the guy or condoning the product but just trying a different view point than the usual hate campaign that alot of people have for no real reason and just to jump on the bandwagon and try and look good on a forum..

I agree with lemon. It looks like they are sailing close to the wind, but not across it. The gun is 51% approved colour, and can only be sold to an over 18. If the buyer then remove said bits then the buyer is manufacturing a RIF and is then subject to the law unless they have a valid defence. TBH no difference between having removable rails and stock to the majority of 2 tones that are sold at present. Most are sold with removable hand guards and coloured stocks, very few have coloured bodies as well.

I would imagine there are a fair few on here who may have changed coloured bits on their guns, or bought RIF's while under age (its a gift honest injun), or attempted to purchase RIF's while no defence?

They do actually sell SRC v3 2 tones which are ABS solid coloured bodies, which are perfectly skirmishable (probably need a little downgrade actually)

I agree with lemon. It looks like they are sailing close to the wind, but not across it. The gun is 51% approved colour, and can only be sold to an over 18. If the buyer then remove said bits then the buyer is manufacturing a RIF and is then subject to the law unless they have a valid defence. TBH no difference between having removable rails and stock to the majority of 2 tones that are sold at present. Most are sold with removable hand guards and coloured stocks, very few have coloured bodies as well.

I would imagine there are a fair few on here who may have changed coloured bits on their guns, or bought RIF's while under age (its a gift honest injun), or attempted to purchase RIF's while no defence?

They do actually sell SRC v3 2 tones which are ABS solid coloured bodies, which are perfectly skirmishable (probably need a little downgrade actually)

i wasnt going to mention the few half decent ones he has since most of the stuff he does sell is over priced cheap plastic crap lol, but you cant fault the site they have found a market and seem to do quite well out of it. how many people will have had their first experince of airsoft with one of the cheap things the site sell? quite a few id imagine

My mrs bought me one of them for Christmas, I know many of you will consider it not skirmishable and silly but I'm out of work and on a massive uphill struggle for a job, and before it was wrapped I checked it over to compare it to family and friends 'skirmishable' guns. I intend not to use the gaurds of grip as I have an AFG, the PEQ box and a lazar from when I was about 14 before the laws came out on guns so its lasted well. for storage and transport I'll keep them on, but in use I'll slide them off.

The gun itself seemed to sound fairly powerfull, the construction was plastic, but the best feeling plastic rep I've come accross. Can't comment on ROF, actual FPS etc but it'll be fine for practice and I and personally very chuffed she bought me it. I don't think he's pushing it selling it like it is, its not his fault if people remove parts. The same as if the sprayed them in my eyes.

Some of the guns under 'pro' make me laugh though. I'm sure theres a pump action mp5 rep in there, and many springer pistols. Pro is pushing it :rolleyes:

Sooo...we can report them for misleading information...and breaking the law? Yeah!

My mrs bought me one of them for Christmas, I know many of you will consider it not skirmishable and silly but I'm out of work and on a massive uphill struggle for a job, and before it was wrapped I checked it over to compare it to family and friends 'skirmishable' guns. I intend not to use the gaurds of grip as I have an AFG, the PEQ box and a lazar from when I was about 14 before the laws came out on guns so its lasted well. for storage and transport I'll keep them on, but in use I'll slide them off.

The gun itself seemed to sound fairly powerfull, the construction was plastic, but the best feeling plastic rep I've come accross. Can't comment on ROF, actual FPS etc but it'll be fine for practice and I and personally very chuffed she bought me it. I don't think he's pushing it selling it like it is, its not his fault if people remove parts. The same as if the sprayed them in my eyes.

Some of the guns under 'pro' make me laugh though. I'm sure theres a pump action mp5 rep in there, and many springer pistols. Pro is pushing it :rolleyes:

ive got quite a few cheap aegs and springers from years ago before 2tone etc and in all honesty i still pick them up when i want to shoot in the back garden because at that raneg they are just as fun to shoot. i think the key with you is you know what it is and can enjoy it for that, as i said earrlier there are a couple of people who just jump on the i hate jbbg bandwagon for no real reason.

i got a l85 springer from that site ages ago it was easy payment, fast delivery and no problems at all obviously the product is cheap tat but i knew that already before i ordered so whats to hate really?

• Supporters

There's a gunsmiths near me that used to sell springers before the VCRA thing came about, he was selling those L85s for £90 back in 2007, so by that comparison justbbguns are great lol.

• Supporters

Lol i hate em as one of my friends ordered a gun he got it but it was broken and the guy kept saying he would replace it never did and never refunded him either as the guy became a dick about it.

Oh and i also just wanna punch him as too me he looks like a rapist or molester... But hey other than that and sell stuff they say is Pro which isn't i have nothing against them but i have given in and stopped reporting businesse's.

what a rip for a springer i thought jbbg was a rip off although they are about the same price every where online but £90 is a joke saying that most sa80 guns are high priced compared to others

im pretty sure you walk around the seaside towns and car boots you normally see the cheap springer bb gun stalls about still, i know i saw one last year dont know if they were just finishing off old stock or if they were still managing to get new stock though

that and sell stuff they say is Pro which isn't i have nothing against them but i have given in and stopped reporting businesse's.

i know what you mean his reviews arent exactly honest but then its the customers fault for taking the word of the retailer they are buying from. just looking at that site its quite obviously aimed at getting kids to get there parents to part with cash.

unfortunatly misleading advertising is everywhere nowadays and most is done intentionaly to catch people out as 8 times out of 10 the person will buy it at full price because they would be to imbarresed to argue the point i see it all the time at work.

Lol i hate em as one of my friends ordered a gun he got it but it was broken and the guy kept saying he would replace it never did and never refunded him either as the guy became a dick about it.

Oh and i also just wanna punch him as too me he looks like a rapist or molester... But hey other than that and sell stuff they say is Pro which isn't i have nothing against them but i have given in and stopped reporting businesse's.

On the first paragraph thats fair enough, he should replace/refund the item, and I don't condone him being harsh about it. On the second paragraph, I instantly lost respect for you. What a petty insult.

so is anyone actually going to bother mentioning this to the UKARA people?

so is anyone actually going to bother mentioning this to the UKARA people?

why dont you message jbbg and ask them about the product and its legality from their side first they may know something you dont..if they dont respond or dont give a very good reply then take it the next step and reporting it to the ukara

Archived