Magazine Retention.

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I was organising some equipment earlier and it struck me that I have a TON of magazines.

10 x ARES Plastic Mids (80)

10 x ARES Plastic Lows (30)

1 x Magpul PTS E-Mag (120)

2 x ICS Hi-cap (370)

And I've just ordered about twenty more (several e-mags, some standard metal low caps).

Nobody in the world needs 45 magazines for their airsoft gun.

My loadout could potentially carry a maximum of 10 in shingles and a further 5 in my utility pouch, this meaning I could not carry my toolkit and firstaid kit, nor could I carry any of my other utilities usually in that pouch, I would also be forced to remove Combat-ted, my venerable mascot which reminds my foes that I am a harbinger of death and destruction wherever I go (which frankly is a good image so I'd rather keep him thanks) - he lives in a mag-shingle, because he's ammunition for the mind (he fires psyche bullets that makes my foes crumble at the merest glimpse of his cam-creamed glory). In all practicality, I'll only ever carry 9.

Why therefore, do I feel so negative about the idea of selling even a single magazine - I have this thing where I'll only carry magazines that look legitimate in terms of usage, so I'd never mix magpul mags in with generic STANAG (how many soldiers do you see carrying ONE E-mag and then a dozen standards?), nor do I like to mix capacities (my 9th mag may very occasionally be a hi-cap fot SHTF situations), so honestly speaking, I probably only need nine magazines. God knows I'd never sell one out of choice.

Does anyone else hoard mags, or is it just me?

well I need some mags (only got 2) so if you want some cash let me know :D

• Supporters

I'm similar, I've got 1 120rnd emag, 5 75rnd pmags, 6 120rnd stanags and 1 stanag hicap.

I generally run 5 in rig 1 in gun, but I've got an old school chest rig that will take all of them :) makes defending games fun :P

• Supporters

I have 9 mags for my MP5, 8 mid caps and a hi, 5 mids for my currently unbought L85, 4 mags for my pistol and 3 mags for my sniper and I can carry all of them apart from the STANAGs in one go, but they're different mags for different guns...

So yeah, Finius, it's just you lol.

5 mids for my currently unbought L85,

haha! thanks to me I might add :D

Just ordered a new mag for the night warrior- really need to stop losing them :P

how can you just lose a mga?

• Supporters

This feels like a competition now:

12 M4 high caps

3 M4 mag mids

8 Pmag 120's

4 Gas G36

3 VSR

3 Cyma Glock

3 Barret mags

5 L96 mags

4 AK hi caps

5 UMP Mids

1 UMP hi cap

5 MK23 NBB mags

10 TM SOPMOD EBB Mags

4 MP5 Hi caps

8 MP5 Mids

9 Shower shells

1 shower shell modified so that I can launch multi-bang Pyro.

Ladies.

• Supporters

1 Glock17 mag

1 L96 mag

7 M4 120rd (6 grey, 1 black)

1 M4 330rd

All metal if that matters :P

• AF-UK Founding Member
Sounds like you guys have got loads, I had two stolen on our first ever airsoft day! :angry: has anyone got m4 hi caps?

That's terrible. I assume you gave them out with rentals? How did you not realise who had taken them when they came to hand back in and were short on mags?

Archived