What am the bestest BB's?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sooo

As 3 of you may know I now have a very nice sniper rifle.

Now the FPS is around 400 and it has a nineball rubber a Laylax tightbore.

Noe I a thinking of using some Madbull .36 sniper weight but can any recomend me some that are instock and avalible in the UK?

I was going to buy some BB Basterd but the went missing from Patrol Bases website... Dave care to shine some light!

Ta!

• Supporters

I use Guarder BBs in my sniper, use the .40s as it's 500 FPS though, and they're very good. Never had any problems with them.

Action Hobbies have MadBull .36s in stock, but I can't link. Got this message when trying to post; "You have entered a link to a website that the administrator does not allow links to".

Fire Support have MadBull .36s in stock; here.

I use Guarder BBs in my sniper, use the .40s as it's 500 FPS though, and they're very good. Never had any problems with them.

Action Hobbies have MadBull .36s in stock, but I can't link. Got this message when trying to post; "You have entered a link to a website that the administrator does not allow links to".

Fire Support have MadBull .36s in stock; here.

Thanks, I buy all my stuff from fire support anyway so :P

I was looking at some Maruzen APS Super grand masters but at £15 for 500! I know they are the best but really?

• Supporters

I get my stuff from Fire Support too :P

And I've never even heard of them.. really would make you value your shots though.

Anyway, what sniper do you have?

I get my stuff from Fire Support too :P

And I've never even heard of them.. really would make you value your shots though.

Anyway, what sniper do you have?

It started life as a lonley JG BAR-10 tG-spec

The it got a VSR Pro-barrle

Then it got a fancy paint job!

Then it got worn

It then recived a new TM trigger sear and piston sear, Red piston and a cut spring, Purple hop up rubber and barrle

New scope :P

Bi-pod!

Then thats it, The life of it.

• Supporters

Sounds pretty good, my brother's looking for a sniper that's easy to upgrade a light. JG Bar10 any good for those requirements?

I don't know to be honest. When I used my sniper at Urban Assault (400 FPS), I used .40s and they were fine, had good range but went quite slowly and made a nice thud on hit :P. I'm considering using .36s for the little bit extra speed getting to the target..

If it's windy mostly windy at your site, use .36s. Although it's mostly trial and error.

Sounds pretty good, my brother's looking for a sniper that's easy to upgrade a light. JG Bar10 any good for those requirements?

I don't know to be honest. When I used my sniper at Urban Assault (400 FPS), I used .40s and they were fine, had good range but went quite slowly and made a nice thud on hit :P. I'm considering using .36s for the little bit extra speed getting to the target..

If it's windy mostly windy at your site, use .36s. Although it's mostly trial and error.

It isnt windy atall. But I think I will get the 36. just because the look nice! One thing do you see ay drop in range when using heavier BB's? Also wont the green ones be hard to see?

And the BAR/VSR is a very nice platform.

What do the insides of your gun look like upgrade wise?

• Supporters

I've upgraded it all, but gone mid-range rather than the stupidly expensive LayLax/PDI stuff..

ASPUK steel cylinder, cylinder head, spring guide and their hop unit.

MadBull 650x6.03mm tight bore barrel and MadBull red hop rubber.

And the £30 metal trigger unit from Airsoft World because the stock plastic casing cracked open.

Will probably need some new sears soon, but may as well wait until they go :P

• Supporters

at 400 fps don't bother with anything above a .3 gram - I used 430fps with .3's for the last 6 months to great effect.

you could prbably even get away with .25's.

colour is down to choice - I use lighter so I can see where they travel and compensate accordingly, some use dark so that the enemy cannot trace the BB back to the source.

We have no BBBastards as we are pretty much sold out (although we have many .2's left)

BB Bastard .3's are outstanding, I got to use the only 1000 in the country through my Gspec and they are brilliant - when we get some lighter heavier BB's in the new year I WILL be paying the extra cash over Blaster Devil .3's.

Maruzen SGM's are supposedly 'the nuts' but if you miss, that's 2p you aren't getting back - I've never had personal experience with them, but they seem too 'elitist' and more of a dick-swinging-contest than any real use.

• Supporters

What do you recommend for 500 FPS? I've been using .40s, considering lighter?

• Supporters

Nah I'm impressed by performance, they're Guarder .40s. Just considering testing out others as I've never used anything different in it (apart from some Zero One .30s - which were crap). Will try MadBull 40s, seeing that I use MadBull barrel & rubber, it makes sense :).

• Supporters

During the Airsoft Arms Fair, Dave gave me some BB-Bastard samples.

Once I can get my grubby mits on them by the crate, I'm not using anything else.

Noticed a minimal increase in performance using them, probably an increase most could live without, but I'm all about my L85 being a monster of slaughterous rage and devastation, so I have decreed that she shall have only the best munitions.

Archived