Warrior RICAS Compact

The Leprechaun!
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So went to F&O The Embassy yesterday (fantastic site, definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't been there before, but i digress...) and i used my mates RICAS Compact all day, never used one before and i thought it was great, i know they're quite popular so im thinking of getting one this soon:

http://uktactical.com/acatalog/Warrior_R.I...Action_Rig.html

I was just wondering what peoples personal experiences or views on them were :)

I have this exact rig, great rig and really ajustable etc. I would reccomend disabling the quick release system as your mates might think its funny to pull in a middle of a game and your rig falls off lol.

Cheers, hahaha yeah i was thinking of doing that anyway, i noticed on my mates one that he had taken this off too! Have you modified it or put any other pouches on or kept it as it is?

I have the full RICAS in medium and its perfect! use it for everything! definately a win!

also as for the quick release the full one doesn't have it inside, its under a flap at the back so people cannot pull it easily :D

So far all I have done is put my serpa up on the chest area and I am getting a WAS cargo pack and radio pouch to put on the back. Other than that I tied the cummerbund in at the back with paracord as even on the lowest setting it was still a bit big for me. I also removed the ties on the open top pouches as they slow me down too much.

I did get the compact, i ajusted it via the back to the smallest setting and it was still a bit big.

Cheers for the tips guys, and aye like i said i tried my mates on for a day and it fit me perfectly so im definitely going for it! :D Though ill be getting an OD one to go with my DPM and ACU...

yea the OD is a nice colour, its the one i have, not sure if it'll go with acu but I don't really see why you'd want to wear acu anyways :D

Aye, and i think OD goes better with ACU than tan, plus it will go with my DPM. And haha yeah true, it is a useless camo, but it looks awesome which is why i wear it for CQB as it dosent really matter what you wear to those sites :P

fair enough, I just really don't like digital! so yuo going with the compact?

• Supporters

Considered the DCS? Doesn't come in OD yet admittedly, but it's cheaper, lighter and doesn't slow you down as much. As well as having that JPC/6094 style gucci look about it, all the while giving you loads of MOLLE estate and excellent sizing for the not-so-muscly airsofter (such as myself).

any idea where you can get the DCS from?

Just had a massive adjusting session on my RICAS and now it fits perfectly :D

• Supporters

Same as the RICAS: UK-Tac. It's the latest design of plate carrier by Warrior. I've had mine for a couple of months already but I only just got the pouches in so I'll be setting it up over christmas. There's a video review up on my channel, and I've got a few snaps:

IMAG0303-1.jpg

• Supporters
oh yea I know it, I always thought they looked a bit chunky

Probably partly down to the fact they come with fake plates preinstalled. However, the design is a lot lower profile than the RICAS compact I can tell you from experience.

• Supporters

lol my DCS was in the post it arrived and well we all know the story... so Marcus make sure you store it outside the first 24 hrs and CK i used your review to help me pick it im also a subscriber Small world Eh!

• Supporters
mine's in the post (dcs) :P

Sweet work :)

What are you plans for pouches?

lol my DCS was in the post it arrived and well we all know the story... so Marcus make sure you store it outside the first 24 hrs and CK i used your review to help me pick it im also a subscriber Small world Eh!

Good to know that video actually prompted somebody to buy one, heh. Thanks for subscribing mate, if you've ever any feedback or suggestions for things you'd like to see please do message, I'm always after more of that.

• Supporters

you spelt my name right :P

It'll have to go in the garage with my other kit then ;)

@CK, havent thought too much about it if im honest, probably 2-3 g36/m14 pouches depending on what i use etc and a serpa on my right side. Saying that, I want to get the vest first and see how it fits etc and make a final decision based on that.

nice, well I still love my ricas, money needs to go on getting my M4 fixed :D

EDIT: I do believe I am also subscribed

Nah, sticking with the compact, mainly because ive tried it before and it was great plus it comes in OD, but thanks for the heads up anyway, ill bear it in mind for the future

Nah, sticking with the compact, mainly because ive tried it before and it was great plus it comes in OD, but thanks for the heads up anyway, ill bear it in mind for the future

well its a good rig so I'm sure you'll be fine!

my next rig is going to be a nice low profile one for the summer :)

Archived