aeg seizing up

ikarma70
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

From cold my virtually new ics m4 shoots on full auto ok till a few minutes have gone by, then the action just clicks and refuses to fire and after clearing the bb's, it still refuses to fire.

Upon opening the action up, the gearbox spins freely when the trigger is pulled so my thinking is that the piston needs lubrication.

any suggestions please would be greatly appreciated :)

ATB

Andy

This is the same m4 with the high fps? If so then I would suggest that it is a problem with the spring, motor and the battery. The spring is to hard. The battery can't provide enough juice after a few mins to get the motor to drive the piston back as the spring is to hard. Had it with one gun of mine that had a m120 in it, motor could not provide enough juice to power it, downgraded the spring and she went like a good un.

It should be able to handle that no problem.

Is the battery OK? What do you mean by "shoots full auto till a few minutes have gone by"? Are you running it constantly???? How many rounds have you fired in a few minutes? Sounds like the battery is flat - not enough power to pull the spring, but it'll work fine when you split the gearbox since there's no load being put on the motor.

Failing that, if it's that new I'd return it to the shop - you've already mentioned you need it downgrading. Get them to check it out under warranty and do the downgrade while they're at it!

yes the same m4 that's running too hot, ordered an m90 spring so hopefully if the harder spring is the issue then it will be ok after i install the new spring.

4 batteries were all fully charged few weeks ago and hardly used, 50 shots between refills with 2-3 minute breaks(used in a turkey shoot competition, breaks were when a new competitor entered).

The m4 was bought by a mate in june but he never used it due to no time to get it out.

8.4v mini 1400-1600

Ni-cad and NihM batteries don't hold their charge that well. Lipo's might last longer, (like weeks) but I've had fully recharged 3300mAh NihM's lose enough charge in two weeks of storage to only power a gun on test for about 10 mins. If you are going to use the gun for anything other than a few minutes testing, make sure you have fully charged batteries before you start.

Ni-cad and NihM batteries don't hold their charge that well. Lipo's might last longer, (like weeks) but I've had fully recharged 3300mAh NihM's lose enough charge in two weeks of storage to only power a gun on test for about 10 mins. If you are going to use the gun for anything other than a few minutes testing, make sure you have fully charged batteries before you start.

thanks for that, i am changing the spring as the current spring is too hot anyway but i will check the batteries :)

thanks for your help guys :)

Archived