L85, a journey... By Airsoft Ed. :P

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I really want an ICS L85 kitted out with RIS, ACOG, Hornbill mount and a forward grip of some description.

I figure this will cost £330 for the gun, £130 ish for the RIS, £9 for the RIS adaptor, I already have an ACOG, the mount is about £40 from the US, so that's what, like £540-550ish if I factor in the postage of everything?

Should I buy all the parts separately like that? Or, just buy this from Firesupport: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/fire...s-l85-custom-od (when it's in stock) and then sell all the parts I don't need?

So I can get rid of the ACOG and the rail it's mounted on, the Magpul magazine and possibly the rail ladders. Which I can probably make about £120-140 from, optimistically speaking. Meaning it'll make me £120ish, back from the £600 it'll cost.

So I can either buy it all myself for around £540, or buy it from FS and sell the parts I don't need, costing me around £480 + the cost of the Hornbill rail still, but I have to wait for the gun to be back in stock and then gamble how much I'll be able to sell the parts I don't want for...

There's only about £20 in it really =/ Would anyone want any of those parts if I got it from Firesupport?

I'll be selling an ACOG and E-mag, possibly the rail ladders and the ACOG 20mm ICS mount.

Also, if anyone has any of the things I'm after that they're selling for less than the RRP, then please tell me, it'll make everything cost less (Y)

Cheers.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

'Cos it only comes with one and I already have a set of STANAGs in the post.

• Supporters

Mags just arrived Nick, they're damn nice. I just wish there were 6 and not 5 (I know you only meant to send 5) and I wish I had something to test them in lol.

But 5 is such a weird number for a mag set when most vests have space for 6.

I might buy another set and add some more pouches to my vest and carry 10 around with real cap in them or something, where'd you get them from Nick?

• Supporters

If they're mid or low caps, then one space in the vest can be used for a speedloader?

And I don't think Fire Support will have any more of those L85s in, I think it was a one off or something.

thats nice and fast, how did you send the rails as I'll check if they came today.

also I think its 5 so you have 4 mag pouches and one in the gun

but glad you like them :D

• Supporters

I shall email FireSupport and ask them, Liam.

I posted them so that they would arrive on Monday, had to do it via Royal Mail special delivery for some reason, I think the guy in my local PO is just a total arse hole tbh, he always says things that make me doubt myself, he could have probably told me there was a faster way but didn't because he wanted to make me spend more because he's a nob.

But yeah, thanks for the feedback Nick, you're the first person of the 4 I've dealt with on here to give me any :(

At least it's good.

I shall leave you some also.

thanks mate, you're helping me get my gun adn I yours :D

let us know what Firesupport say

• Supporters

Firesupport have said that they won't be getting anymore L85s in stock until March, so they can't make another custom until then.

Which is an impossibly long wait.

Think I might just buy the gun on its own and make it a external project over a couple of months to get all the bits I want.

Firesupport have said that they won't be getting anymore L85s in stock until March, so they can't make another custom until then.

Which is an impossibly long wait.

Think I might just buy the gun on its own and make it a external project over a couple of months to get all the bits I want.

you could buy the L85 and give it to them and they could do all the mods etc

• Supporters

It'd end up costing the same either way. They're only external parts and FS are pretty much selling it at the price it would be to buy all those parts.

Now I just can't decide whether to order the gun this week, or in January.

I can afford it now, but I don't know if I need to renew my site membership for my UKARA to be valid, plus my mum will go utterly beserk unless I plan it like a military operation and make sure it arrives when she's out lol.

plus my mum will go utterly beserk unless I plan it like a military operation and make sure it arrives when she's out lol.

haha same here, have to get stuff sent to college normally :D but I think I've got a plan to get a shotgun over xmas without too many questions, just have to make sure I'm awake before the post comes. but once I have it the line "don't worry its for a film" tends to work okay :D

• Supporters

Nick, you get guns delivered to your college?

Nick, you get guns delivered to your college?

haha, haven't had any delivered this term but was planning no getting the shotgun delivered there. But any airsoft stuff does yea :D

• Supporters

How'd you manage to make that happen? Have you somehow got you payment and UKARA details linked to your college address?

Or do you use re-enactments in drama lessons as a defence or something? Lol.

How'd you manage to make that happen? Have you somehow got you payment and UKARA details linked to your college address?

Or do you use re-enactments in drama lessons as a defence or something? Lol.

Well I ring people when I order stuff normally, prefer it to websites

I as I haven't ordered a gun this term I don't know if there would be an issue (shotguns going straight home) but i have had loads of magazines, rails etc sent to college, I think the mail room know me quite well now :D

• Supporters

Ok, so I'm definitely going ahead with this plan now and I'm definitely buying everything separate, as I can't bear to wait until March to get the custom build from FS.

I figured it's cheaper to get everything I can from the same place to save on postage by doing it all in one order, but I'm stuck on whether to buy the gun now because I can use a £10 off voucher at Wolf before Dec 24th and then buy the accessories later and use my site membership's 10% off accessories at Wolf discount... Or just wait until January when I can afford to get it all at once and just let the £10 voucher go.

I guess there's not much in it as the voucher or the discount will both pretty much just cancel out postage costs...

Here's my compiled shopping list so far.

ICS L85 £319.99 http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...ct&id=ICS85

RIS kit £129.99 http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...amp;id=MBDDSA80

RIS kit ICS adaptor £15.99 - I remember seeing this somewhere for about £9 but haven't been able to find it again, does anyone know where it's sold for that price? Or did I just invent it in my mind? Lol.

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...mp;id=MBL85AICS

ACOG mount inc. postage $45 = £28

http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&a...43&cateId=0

However, I still need to get a 7.2v lipo that will fit in the DD RIS and find a vert. grip like the one shown here: clicky

Does anyone know what that type of grip is called and where I can get one and can anyone advise me on a lipo and charger that'll fit the DD RIS?

Cheers.

• Supporters

Here it is in long: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=L85A3&amp...276&bih=620

I must've cocked up in insert somehow, I didn't want such a massive link extending the length of my post by such a crazy amount.

Edit: when I pasted that link it was literally at least 6 lines long, but once it's posted, it's less than one <_< I god damn hate technology lol.

• Supporters

Ah, grip pod.

Ok I'll have a look around for those, first glance seems to suggest they're effing ruddy expensive though, might have to look at getting something else...

Anyone help me with lipos?

• Supporters

Not great quality, but certainly not expensive; http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Spring-Ejec...od_AGRQ5.aspx?0

• Supporters

Ah, much better, cheers guys.

I'd actually completely forgotten about Action Hobbies.

Anyone got any advice regarding lipos? Do I need a different adaptor or charger or anything like that? Any idea what kind I'd be looking at to fit into the DD RIS? I'm just going to get the smallest possible to start with as that must fit, then I'll use that as a basis for how much bigger to allow the second one I get to be.

Archived