A-TACS

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I was thinking about getting some A-TACS trousers, I know the FG ones are coming out in a few months but I was wondering how the origional ones perform in woodland?

Thanks Nick

they work better than acu so that's one thing but it's still a desert/urban camo so for woodland not that well but i like them

yea well ACU isn't camo, its probably as good a multicam and its a little different

You can never have too much A-TACS. Ever. At least for me.

As you can see in the picture, the area where I play is rather arid. For me A-TACS works better than any other camo I have seen.

In some greener areas of Texas, it performs on par with Multicam (the real stuff).

I actually just got some more A-TACS in the mail. Now I just need the boots in A-TACS.

post-1788-1323375689_thumb.jpg

nice pic, I find that the patter helps to camo it regardless of the colour, saw a pic of it in woodland and it looked like a tree stump/rock

but they are very close colour to trees.

just out of interest, if you live in texas why are you on a UK forum?

There is a lot of info out there. This one happens to be a decent place to get information about airsoft news in the UK.

I normally don't spend too much time on these forums but I like to see what new stuff happens from time to time.

• Supporters

Are you from US or did you move there?

Born and raised here in Texas. I've never actually been to the UK but I have always wanted to visit.

Back to the topic of A-TACS.

From what I can tell about the majority of your skirmish sites that I've seen in pics, A-TACS would work pretty well. A lot of the dead undergrowth will complement the color scheme great. A-TACS was never actually designed as a desert camo. It was designed as a transitional/ mountainous camo. It is very effective at adapting to the environment, much like multicam. Different light causes the different shades in and patterns inside the camo to show up.

A-TACS FG would probably be even better.

A little fact about me: I love A-TACS. Ever since I saw the original in pics from shot show, I have been in love with this camo. Most local people refer to me as the A-TACS guy.

Oh yeah and lastly, A-TACS is technically a digital camo. So Nickona, it may not be for you.

okay thanks a lot,

yea i know its made by Digital something something and its technically digital but the pixels on it you cannot see unlike cadpat etc. and they also use organic pixels really so circles not perfect squares, thats what I hate about digi cam,

I think i may get some when I get a bit more money and will definately get some FG

Archived