Aberdeenshire shop

S j davidson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hey just what we need round here dude lol Moray Has two airsoft Site's and a third and i hear talk of a fourth approaching the third would have been mine but i have to rebuild my house that one might not materialise for maybe 10 years now. But im literally an 1:30 Mins away from abredeen city lol

Hey just what we need round here dude lol Moray Has two airsoft Site's and a third and i hear talk of a fourth approaching the third would have been mine but i have to rebuild my house that one might not materialise for maybe 10 years now. But im literally an 1:30 Mins away from abredeen city lol

Where are you from? And where would you prefer the shop to be?

I'm thinking anywhere between ellon and elgin.

You got a rough idea how much people you have up there who would want a shop?

I'm pretty new to everything, so i'll be askin for input when i need it.

Unfortunatly, i'm not going ahead until i know it's worth it.

Thanks for your input.

• Supporters

I live in Fochabers i would like Elgin, Fochabers, Lossiemouth or Mosstodloch i can help out if you want it and when i see my brother i'll ask him i know their are 13 people who play already in Elgin but really your gonna need to scout about for locations to setup shop (Close to a school will get the kids through the door and them begging mummy and daddy for a rifle) i can also tell you that their are nearly 14 others who are interested in the sport.

And as i said i can help i got a foundation in business management and i did a year in media studies which will help if you want advertiseing idea's and a couple guys on here can im sure knock a couple graphics up for you.

I live in Fochabers i would like Elgin, Fochabers, Lossiemouth or Mosstodloch i can help out if you want it and when i see my brother i'll ask him i know their are 13 people who play already in Elgin but really your gonna need to scout about for locations to setup shop (Close to a school will get the kids through the door and them begging mummy and daddy for a rifle) i can also tell you that their are nearly 14 others who are interested in the sport.

And as i said i can help i got a foundation in business management and i did a year in media studies which will help if you want advertiseing idea's and a couple guys on here can im sure knock a couple graphics up for you.

At sounds good. But, i'll have to be really sure it's worth it. Because i'll be selling my scaffolding company to fund this. So i will have wait and what other feedback i get. But that information is very much apreciated. And i will keep you up to date.

• Supporters

Ooh scaffolding got any Job's my contract runs out 7th of Jan yea dont just go by what i say but i belevie you and me are the furthest north at the moment i think their is already a airsoft site and shop in fraserburgh so asking around might be something to do if you want when i do my MR i can do some for you round my way if you want

Ooh scaffolding got any Job's my contract runs out 7th of Jan yea dont just go by what i say but i belevie you and me are the furthest north at the moment i think their is already a airsoft site and shop in fraserburgh so asking around might be something to do if you want when i do my MR i can do some for you round my way if you want

Got nothin!! 2 jobs to go up! 1 this month, and start of new year!!

I've not heard of a shop round here, dick sports do sell spring loadin pistols, and have a choice of 3 maybe 4. Ats the closest i can think of.

I've been askin around here. No one knows what it is. But, to be honest, i've only started researchin this last couple weeks.

Aye, any help would be brilliant!! Wantin away from scaffoldin, only found airsoft in last 3 months, and i know i want to do this!! Just want t make sure it's goin t work.

• Supporters

Yea I know when i did my first set of market research it looked like id be better off selling cow dung but my second said we would love to see something and hopefully in Jan it says the same i know a lot of the Airforce guy's were and still are interested so thats one thing im happy about.

although I live down south england I am also scottish so if there is anything I can help you out with from here let me know,

my best advice atm is get a good internet site going and you would sell loads more!

Nick

• Supporters

Lol what does being scottish have to do with it? I mean im only a qaurter or so Scot even tho i still sound like a cockney and a scotsman trying to say the same thing at the same time sometimes...

although I live down south england I am also scottish so if there is anything I can help you out with from here let me know,

my best advice atm is get a good internet site going and you would sell loads more!

Nick

Nice one, thanks!!

I have had a few people sayin try selling online, but the reason i wanted the shop, i'm the most inpatient person!! And does my nut waitin for the posty. And even if i had to travel a couple hour there and back, i'd prefer goin into a shop, seeing what i'm buying, askin advise without waitin for a bloody e-mail!! (=)) i'd prefer goin to a shop, and presume! I'm not the only one?

in the long run, i'd do online. But that's what im tryin to find out just now.

Any way (=)) thanks for that (=))

Nice one, thanks!!

I have had a few people sayin try selling online, but the reason i wanted the shop, i'm the most inpatient person!! And does my nut waitin for the posty. And even if i had to travel a couple hour there and back, i'd prefer goin into a shop, seeing what i'm buying, askin advise without waitin for a bloody e-mail!! (=)) i'd prefer goin to a shop, and presume! I'm not the only one?

in the long run, i'd do online. But that's what im tryin to find out just now.

Any way (=)) thanks for that (=))

well the real advantage of an online shop is for small stuff that people know they want like sights etc. they can get without leaving their chair :D

well the real advantage of an online shop is for small stuff that people know they want like sights etc. they can get without leaving their chair :D

It's defenatly something i'll have to think about.

But just trying to find out how much people in the area want one just now.

Its not really looking good.

Thanks for that.

what i would do is talk to the local sites and maybe they might like someone to join up so there is a site shop if you get what i mean

• AF-UK Founding Member

It's quite a niche market, so unless you are well placed to be fairly close to airsofters all around you, then you might struggle against online competition. If you can match, or preferably beat online prices and prove yourself to have good customer service (ability to fix peoples problems, get hold of spares etc.) then you could manage I'd of thought.

It's quite a niche market, so unless you are well placed to be fairly close to airsofters all around you, then you might struggle against online competition. If you can match, or preferably beat online prices and prove yourself to have good customer service (ability to fix peoples problems, get hold of spares etc.) then you could manage I'd of thought.

That's what i'm trying to find out just now, is where the best place would be. I'd be willing to travel an hour in any direction. So anywhere between aberdeen and elgin. But only if it's goung to be worth it. But the problem is finding anyone at all just now!

• Supporters

Im sorry but i Have too Hello? Lol i had a thought while i was at work im gonna set up my own site so if you want you can come and use that as somewhere to sell stock?

that could be a good idea there if you both want to set up stuff could work very well!, may even make the drive up to see it

• Supporters

Yea it doe's mean i won't have to do all that Faffing around for opening a shop.

I'm hoping somewhere near or around Elgin basically within walking distance of somewhere that sells hot food and preferably close to one of the high school's but its hard as property prices seemed to have endured in this pocket of moray...

Yea it doe's mean i won't have to do all that Faffing around for opening a shop.

I'm hoping somewhere near or around Elgin basically within walking distance of somewhere that sells hot food and preferably close to one of the high school's but its hard as property prices seemed to have endured in this pocket of moray...

Sounds decent. Im goin to have to start lookin around.

Scaffoldin company is just not doin as well as hoped. Too many companies round here.

But not wantin to sell up until i lnow for sure what im doin.

I would get a interent site going quicker as you can start selling while getting money for stuff in a store like display stands

Archived