Rifle and Pistol Bundle

Armourer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Just from the price it sounds not very good, for a beginner aeg your gonna need to be spending at least £150 ;)

honestly id avoid it imo, it will be cheap and most likly not very good,

what is your budget ? if your on a tight budget forget side arms and spend the extra on a better rifle, mags ,batteries etc

these are decent rifles and will be good to start out with : http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Assault-Rif...AEG_B22C48.aspx

Well my budget isn't massive but of course i was trying to avoid spending more then £100. Although i think i'm going to turn up and borrow a rifle at least for my first time if i can find a site.

If i enjoy it, i can raise my budget to higher and also get some help with my parent putting a bit of money towards it.

I'll have a look at that site that you've given me and find a decent rifle within a reasonable budget but before buying, i'm going to go and attend a site to see how much i enjoy it.

Thanks for all the help.

The novatcombat rifle looks quite good. And if it's recommended that would be a good price for me.

@Cam, i'm 16. 17 in January.

Edit:

and... G&G looks a bit expensive for me. For me, that 50-90 quid is a big difference. It's pretty much 6 weeks saving.

• Supporters

If you're 17, you cannot buy any airsoft gun, whether it's black or two-toned. You must be over 18 to purchase IFs (two-tone), and have UKARA or another valid defence to purchase RIFs (non-two-tone).

You cannot get a parent to buy for you and then you give them money or anything in exchange for it - it's classed as you buying it then.

Although, they can buy one for you and gift it to you (meaning you do/give nothing in return), for example, a Christmas or Birthday present.

Your best chance at getting a non-two-tone airsoft gun is to get your dad or uncle or someone over 18 into the sport, get them UKARA registered (skirmish three times in no less than two months). Then they can purchase guns, which you can borrow for the game only, or they can gift them to you.

But still, look here for your closest airsoft site and then hire guns for a day to see if you enjoy it.

I would also recommend a G&G Combat Machine, they're under £150 and good starter guns.

Christmas isn't far at all and my birthday is soon after so really, that isn't an issue.

To be honest, i think i could get my uncle involved but if he'd turn up enough times would be another problem.

I'm not too fussed about non-Twotoned weapons, maybe when i hit 18 i can get one of them but it's not really high on my priority.

I live in Northampton, and the closest one is DeltaCombat apparently, but i can't get on their website.

Just had a word with my mum and she's agreed to buy me a two-tone rifle and mask for christmas.

I've got a budget of £150 for a rifle.

Been looking at actionhobbies and have seen two i like, could i have some opinions on these two please;

ClassicArmy M15 A4

G&G CM16 Raider

Thank you.

i would go with the g&g personaly as im not a huge fan of the clear plastic on the m4 however the m4 if you dont mind the clear is a pretty good choice to just go with whichever you like best. have you thought about getting the package deal ? as standalone tthe gun wont have a battery or charger

• Supporters

If the rifle is a present, with a budget of £150, then you can get the charger, battery and mask with your own money?

I could as well since i have some money from pocket money everyweek.

Could anyone suggest a good full face mask? As the £25 kit with the rifle only has goggles and i obviously need a full face.

Oh yeah... i would sort of like the the battery and charger but £175 is a bit over my budget, and the fact i've got to get a full face mask as well...

best bet is to give them an email/call and see if they will put a mask in instead of just glasses, chances are they will and if not you wont have lost anything.

if not then this is a good place for battery/charger if you buy seperate at some point http://www.component-shop.co.uk/

does the site require full face as a pair of glasses or mesh goggles are a lot cheaper and a lot more comfortable

I'm unlucky enough to be only 16 (practically 17) so with pretty much all sites, a full face mask is needed as i'm under 18. (Based on the majority of sites i've seen)

And i've given them an email asking and now looking for full face masks and to be honest, if i can get actionhobbies to include a full face mask, that'll be the best deal by far.

£119.95 Rifle - http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=5645

£ 12.25 Battery - http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/8_4v_airsoft.html (Top one)

£ 7.99 Charger - http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/airsoft_chargers.html (2nd One down)

£ 9.95 Mask - http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=2439

£150.14

What do you think? Good deal? :P

I would be cautious of the £119.95 rifle but it's a reputable online shop and the rifle itself has decent reviews on other websites so it just looks like a bargain. :P

• Supporters

Yeah that seems like a nice load to buy, and it's within your budget (although shipping will be just over £10 for all of it).

The gun's pretty good, my mate has a CM16. They're plastic and quite light, but durable and have a good finish. It's a good starter gun, will perform the same as the one from Action Hobbies you posted earlier, the only reason it's cheaper is the externals - RIS is more expensive than standard handguards.

The battery and charger seem like a good option, 1600mAh should last you all day, I've never flattened a 1100mAh (but I nearly always use semi).

I have some of those masks, they're good for the job and price. And the bottom half is easily removable if you want to.

Be careful with it though, some of mine are dodgy, the mesh is starting to come out, but a bit of super glue fixes it. Although mine were about £5, rather than £10.

Yeah that seems like a nice load to buy, and it's within your budget (although shipping will be just over £10 for all of it).

I have some of those masks, they're good for the job and price. And the bottom half is easily removable if you want to.

Be careful with it though, some of mine are dodgy, the mesh is starting to come out, but a bit of super glue fixes it. Although mine were about £5, rather than £10.

I can afford £10 and is easily payable to my mum for the purchase.

I'm reasonably handy and have a surplus of glue so i'll be safe on that front, but then again, it's only £10 so if it dissolves in the rain, it's not super expensive to replace. :P

And thank you by the way Liam, i saw your post about Zero and decided to check it out. You've saved me about £60. ;)

alright list there, im guessing the rifle comes with a high cap mag otherwise you will be reloading alot

basics are there the rest can build up over time

The rifle comes with a highcap magazine according to the reviews on Zero, and if after a few games, it becomes really annoying to reload. I'll be able to buy another one within time for the next skirmish.

Thankfully, after nearly 4 years in the cadet force, i still have my combat clothing, boots and assault vest.

Thinking of buying a AF-UK patch... :D

• Supporters

What sites are near you that you're thinking of going to?

Archived