Paintballer considering converting!

Wild Goose
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, ive been paintballing for a couple of years but wanting something a little more 'realistic'. An old school friend of mine recomended air soft. I am looking to try a site somewere near birmingham soon (any sugestions?) and hopefully get my own piece. Im a right in thinking that i need to go to the same site 3 times within a year to get registered?

Thanks,

-Matt

http://uk.airsoftmap.net/Skirmish/ and you are partly correct, you need to go 3 times in more than 3 months as long as you are over 18, im sure someone who has gone through the process can explain better than myself.

Also, my friend was the opposite, although he was going to play both paintball and airsoft, whichever you find more fun, play both if your wallet allows you to, otherwise pick your favourite, go for one day and try it, rent first, you don't want to empty your pocket and find out it sucks (For you maybe..some people have different experiences :) )

• Supporters

I do both and agree with the menace that shall be above me.

Speedball?

What you rockin?

If its not speedball and its woodsball dont even say another word.

• Supporters

Grr (between you and me lets keep it simple for these guys) and i doubt you wont like airsoft as its almost the same as that other thing you do.

• Supporters

Nah not Per Se but i do play all the british league's although i recently found my team relies on me too win for them so i left and they fell apart pretty darn fast im looking at setting my own team up now though!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, ive been paintballing for a couple of years but wanting something a little more 'realistic'. An old school friend of mine recomended air soft. I am looking to try a site somewere near birmingham soon (any sugestions?) and hopefully get my own piece. Im a right in thinking that i need to go to the same site 3 times within a year to get registered?

Thanks,

-Matt

I can wholeheartedly recommend The Grange, Frog Lane, Balsall Common, coventry just off m6 j4., Marie and the team really go out of their way to make your day an enjoyable one!

You can go the two tone sprayed up gun route and get the black or whatever colour parts later or get the 3 skirmishes under your belt and go for the full RIF gun later but renting is certainly a good option if you aren't sure about taking airsoft up full time.

Archived