The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

4 hours ago, Khyber said:

I have been eying one of these up on Ali x. What's the sewing and the buckle like? 

Overall, I’m impressed with the quality for what it cost (£27 to my door)

Material seems of a decent quality, and stitching is ok, a couple of loose ends, but nothing to bother me.

Buckle was wrapped to protect it during shipping, will it scratch easy or chip? Only time will tell, but certainly good enough for my Airsoft larping 

B7347CB9-0F01-4208-B579-BEE9DF3F6641.thumb.jpeg.4e05e9e6cd09cb389191ee99890407d1.jpeg

030EE0A3-3FBD-46D6-B1CF-2EC794DAF1B4.thumb.jpeg.9e8c0bd446db2399082d87a6845ecc88.jpeg

A80CD46B-FC88-4E0D-A2BD-12591000AB0F.thumb.jpeg.4a47aea542c30f6b2fc9ecccca2014ff.jpeg

2FB64F61-543C-40AF-9807-5FC56285BD29.jpeg

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

9 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Overall, I’m impressed with the quality for what it cost (£27 to my door)

Material seems of a decent quality, and stitching is ok, a couple of loose ends, but nothing to bother me.

Buckle was wrapped to protect it during shipping, will it scratch easy or chip? Only time will tell, but certainly good enough for my Airsoft larping 

Nice. Yeah it looks pretty decent. Think I will take the plunge. Thanks.

On 18/04/2023 at 18:53, Speedbird_666 said:

Yeh - good luck with that too.

On 18/04/2023 at 19:14, Adolf Hamster said:

memory is rather vague on this one, i think it ended up on my warhead build but honestly can't recall how i ended up fitting it, but i suspect a significant amount of bodging was involved.

It seems to fit, although it doesn't solve my "tighten the grip and the gun screams louder than a petite vs BBC clip" issue, to which I have yet to figure out a solution.

Along with a self unwinding motor adjustment grub screw piece of shit.

No pics as of yet but I've just got some guys tan A&K Masada (ACR) that's been sat around for a while. They say it's had the wiring repaired and the hop unit replaced as the old one cracked.

The first thing I did is test fire it and jesus christ, this is the single loudest gearbox i've ever heard. Backing the motor height down a bit helped but holy crap it's loud but at least it works. I go to take the rails off the handguard and find that the guy has GLUED the rails to the bloody handguard... With a fair bit of effort I managed to get them off but left behind the glue. Once removed it appears the glue has discoloured the handguard so it's been given a quick once over with tan and brown paint as replacement handguards (in tan) are impossible to find online. Checking the wiring, it's been shoddily repaired with what look like spade connectors. Not massively worried as I planned on throwing a front wired Perun V2 hybrid into it seeing as it's a standard V2 gearbox.

There's a fair few other things going on with it that require minor fiddling to fix. Looks like another potential project where the only place I forsee any real issues is surrounding the hop unit but there's a german company, Begadi, who make replacment CNC rotary hop units, hop arms and C-clips all for the Masada so I might skirt through that relatively unscathed.

Edited by MrTea

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, MrTea said:

there's a german company, Begadi, 

Not sure they ship to the UK anymore.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Not sure they ship to the UK anymore.

To test this i've dropped an order in for their rotary hop unit and associated extra parts. The UK is on their international shipping page in zone 2. Can't see any issues coming up unless they manually cancel the order. Time will tell :)

12 minutes ago, tBG_Geoff said:

Got this on Wednesday. Impractical yes, but I just had to have one. Meet my new friend Mr Carl Gustav.

Whilst that is very cool - what's the point of it? Does it actually fire something? (genuine question - I know nothing about launchers)

there are two types of projectiles typically used in Airsoft launchers,

1) moscart shells, that are effectively shotgun style shells that you load up with between 18-200rounds and shoot out all one one go be that in m203, M79 or rocket launcher. They all do the same thing.

2) an actual projectile. I typically use TAG innovation rounds, that either explode on impact or after a certain flight time or even that deploy smoke. But you can also use NERF rockets too

Check out this video from circa 7 years ago where I use an explosive 'archangel' TAG round to shoot a dude behind cover.

https://youtu.be/y47tupfDxC4

Tag rounds really do transform the grenadier class into a really useful accessory to carry, but not all sites let you use them though. 

16 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Whilst that is very cool - what's the point of it? Does it actually fire something? (genuine question - I know nothing about launchers)

If it's the VFC one it can shoot a scatter of BBs like a shower shell or a projectile like a ball.

Here's a video showing shower shells and a tip/cap type shell.

Edited by MrTea

10 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Other than looks, there isn't one.

To clarify; yes it functions, but there's plenty of other devices to do the same.

This is just the cool factor. 

Edited by Skullchewer

• Supporters
16 hours ago, MrTea said:

To test this i've dropped an order in for their rotary hop unit and associated extra parts. The UK is on their international shipping page in zone 2. Can't see any issues coming up unless they manually cancel the order. Time will tell :)

Cool! Do they have any minimum order value? I want to try the begadi hop rubbers.

34 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Cool! Do they have any minimum order value? I want to try the begadi hop rubbers.

It doesn't look like it however shipping appears to be a flat rate just under €20 so best make it worth your while. I wanted to try their hop rubbers and nubs but forgot to add them 😅. My order was dispatched this morning with DHL so I can't even adjust my order.

39 minutes ago, MrTea said:

. My order was dispatched this morning with DHL so I can't even adjust my order.

Id contact them

That (I would guess) means that they have just notified dhl to collect and generated your order label and barcode

20 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Id contact them

That (I would guess) means that they have just notified dhl to collect and generated your order label and barcode

Tried that and unfortunately by the time I got a reply it had already been handed over to DHL. Oh well.

It is but my own forgetfulness is to blame. @Lozart if you plan on ordering to try out their hop rubbers etc. let me know and i'll split the postage with you :D

7 minutes ago, Beorn said:

Its on its way from Aliexpress which I've never used before, can't believe the bargains on there! I think this may become a problem :D

It WILL become a problem :D

22 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

It has become a problem 😉😂

It WAS a problem.. now relapsed.

And the cycle continues 🔄

Edited by Khyber