The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

I'm on the "Eastern European" side of a Battlesim again, so...

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-14 at 17.18.54.jpg

Second hand
CM.057A, bought on these forums. Not chronoed it yet. Popped a couple of cheeky shots into a pillow and it sounds snappy and healthy.

Popped a couple of cheeky shots into a pillow.

Ooerr Matron!

2 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

That's you and two others now I beat to it, you have to be faster than Usain Bolt to buy something from their boneyard 😆

That you do. There's been a few things i've spotted in there that I would've liked and less than a day later it's gone.

Edited by MrTea

Mrs kindly ordered me the long lct g3 rail from firesupport soni can replace the creaky wobbly and somewhat flimsy stock handguard.

22 hours ago, MrTea said:

That you do. There's been a few things i've spotted in there that I would've liked and less than a day later it's gone.

Case and point. ActionHobbies just had a Mk16 (scar-l) TM NGRS with 3 mags up for £260. Came back 30 min or so later to send link to someone else, gone.

Which one of you was it?

Edited by MrTea

• Supporters

lol, I've just been editing the shots of mine literally a couple of minutes ago.  I don't know how many years I'd wanted one, was back before they had adjustable hop, but even when the A1 came out I held off as it was a pure 'want' since I had 2 of the 226s already which are all you'd need in a skirmishing sidearm.  After waiting so many years though I'd saved enough to say 'fair enough' on the buy and I have to say it's one of TMs best lookers imho.  Between Die Hard and The Matrix (just for starters) and tons of games I think it's one of the most iconic handguns there is is for anyone between about 25 and 50 probably, but I rarely see them anywhere on forums/socials or at games for whatever reason.  Which is weird when I think back as I had to setup a stock alert at F-S as they don't seem to be in stock anywhere that much, at least from what I've seen myself.

Then again I suppose it's neither super modern nor historic and there's very little if anything you can do to change them, plus the A1 isn't actually the famous variant looks wise, but to me it has 99% of the aesthetic I love, it's got plenty of gas capacity and just the little bit of rail adds a lot of functionality vs the smooth dust cover.  Like for me having the Blackhawk omnivores it totally eliminates an entire holster purchase, plus the obvious easy light mounting.

Whether the metal ones like the WE are any good I don't know, they're probably a more appealing purchase for many but I'd pit the stock TM performance against the lower priced metal versions with a fair bit of confidence.  My personal experience has been that the slightly increased at-home-handling satisfaction of the metal vs plastic vanishes rapidly in the face of actual getting in game.  Personally I've lost count of the number of pistols I've seen doing the death putt-putt, just venting the whole mag or only shooting 10m; but everyone's experience will naturally vary.

Just crossing my fingers for an A4 version now as that'd be different enough to warrant a purchase while also sharing the mags.  Probably slim odds though, haven't seen much in the way of sneak peeks on upcoming pistols the past couple of years.

I'm so so deeply tempted to get a M9A3 but i'm still loving my Shadow 2 minus the slide locking issue due to the shitty ass recoil buffer piece that I still need to grind down.

Edited by MrTea

• Supporters
1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

Whether the metal ones like the WE are any good I don't know, they're probably a more appealing purchase for many but I'd pit the stock TM performance against the lower priced metal versions with a fair bit of confidence.  My personal experience has been that the slightly increased at-home-handling satisfaction of the metal vs plastic vanishes rapidly in the face of actual getting in game.  Personally I've lost count of the number of pistols I've seen doing the death putt-putt, just venting the whole mag or only shooting 10m; but everyone's experience will naturally vary.

One of my first pistols was the socom gear M9A1. The slide fit like a dick in a shirt sleeve and gas efficiency was almost as bad as a 1911 in the winter. I don't think it ever locked back on an empty mag, although the day I put Guarder Power Up gas in it and got 400fps on the chrono was hilarious! 

13 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

lol, I've just been editing the shots of mine literally a couple of minutes ago.  I don't know how many years I'd wanted one, was back before they had adjustable hop, but even when the A1 came out I held off as it was a pure 'want' since I had 2 of the 226s already which are all you'd need in a skirmishing sidearm.  After waiting so many years though I'd saved enough to say 'fair enough' on the buy and I have to say it's one of TMs best lookers imho.  Between Die Hard and The Matrix (just for starters) and tons of games I think it's one of the most iconic handguns there is is for anyone between about 25 and 50 probably, but I rarely see them anywhere on forums/socials or at games for whatever reason.  Which is weird when I think back as I had to setup a stock alert at F-S as they don't seem to be in stock anywhere that much, at least from what I've seen myself.

Then again I suppose it's neither super modern nor historic and there's very little if anything you can do to change them, plus the A1 isn't actually the famous variant looks wise, but to me it has 99% of the aesthetic I love, it's got plenty of gas capacity and just the little bit of rail adds a lot of functionality vs the smooth dust cover.  Like for me having the Blackhawk omnivores it totally eliminates an entire holster purchase, plus the obvious easy light mounting.

Just crossing my fingers for an A4 version now as that'd be different enough to warrant a purchase while also sharing the mags.  Probably slim odds though, haven't seen much in the way of sneak peeks on upcoming pistols the past couple of years.

A very underrated pistol and imo amount the best TM pistols available alongside the usp, fnx and hk45. I sold mine but regret it now 😢

6 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

Finally back in stock .. been waiting a while to get my hands on one of these, and I’ll be pacing about until it arrives! 😄

E542A6EC-B04B-464F-ABFF-84B13E02CBA6.jpeg

Been waiting ages for these to come back in stock. Just ordered, together with a Y-harness. 

20 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Been waiting ages for these to come back in stock. Just ordered, together with a Y-harness. 

Genuine question - What's the big deal about them?

I had a Mk2 Peacekeeper many moons ago (2009 to be exact) in DPM and it was alright, but nothing to get excited over. Is the Mk5 featured in a particular loadout?

5 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Genuine question - What's the big deal about them?

I had a Mk2 Peacekeeper many moons ago (2009 to be exact) in DPM and it was alright, but nothing to get excited over. Is the Mk5 featured in a particular loadout?

Not sure about a particular loadout, but for me, it's based purely on wanting a chest rig so that I have an option besides my PC, the large storage capacity the Peacekeeper offers (I realise this isn't an exclusive feature 😂) and that I have bought a fair few things from Platatac that are really high quality. They're also a great company to deal with. 

As C-Diddy has said really, more about them being a chest rig with plenty of load carrying ability than a particular loadout. 

I love my Arktis chest rigs but you are limited in terms of carrying comms and being able to add extra pouches. The PK has the flexibility to add a couple more pouches to the sides of the magazine ones without overloading the rig, and still leaves you room in your utility pouches for water etc. 

Might not be everyone’s cup of tea but I’ve wanted one since I got hands on with a friends, and they review pretty well for an option other than a plate carrier. 

The saga of dumping whatever money I earn into airsoft continues:

1x Dboys fixed stubby stock;

1x Arcturus/D-Day AK74 high cap (trying it out, if it feeds in my Cyma I'll buy 5 more);

1x PTS Us Palm Ak grip;

3x Maple Leaf 70° Super Macaron (can't get enough of those)

1 hour ago, Skara said:

1x PTS Us Palm Ak grip;

Good luck with that mate - couldn't get it to fit on my Cyma CM.045. No idea what it was designed for - I sold it to @Adolf Hamster who couldn't get it to fit his guns (E&L and JG).

3 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Good luck with that mate - couldn't get it to fit on my Cyma CM.045. No idea what it was designed for - I sold it to @Adolf Hamster who couldn't get it to fit his guns (E&L and JG).

For real?

Ah fuck it, I'll crack out the Dremel then.

Also it's going on a cm.045 too

Edited by Skara

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Yeh - good luck with that too.

Just found the thread I created a couple years ago:

memory is rather vague on this one, i think it ended up on my warhead build but honestly can't recall how i ended up fitting it, but i suspect a significant amount of bodging was involved.

3 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Cheeky wee purchase of an IdoGear shooters belt from Ali Exp 

I have been eying one of these up on Ali x. What's the sewing and the buckle like? 

I recently bought the lad a second hand LCT AS Val, which is a very beautiful, rather heavy item that shoots very nicely.  For myself, a second hand DBoys PDW for £35 all in.