The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

In the spirit of showing my AEGs some love, today the AK got the sling I've been saying I'll buy for the last 18 months.

Just need to source those elusive metal mid-caps now

20220126_163701.thumb.jpg.e5f0caf36b7960baae5136bedecd483f.jpg20220126_164102.thumb.jpg.11cc0d7305dd655f667dd7e69d67a859.jpg

Finally…

The cm16 showed up the other day, from bullseye country sport as no one else had them in stock. The service there has been spot on so far incidentally! 

As well as the proprietory g&g 400rd hi cap I got four of the 200rd battleaxe mid cap mags too, I’m one of those who hates winding mags with a passion😂😂

They’re slightly longer than normal STANAG mags and as such only just fitted into the plce pouches but give a great capacity for skirmishes. 

Asg speed loader too and now waiting for next payday so I can grab a titan li-ion battery for it. 

Got a carry handle from another member on here as I think it gives the gun a little more purpose to its look 🤔

8795CF2A-9D9F-46B9-BAC6-6CEE06106153.thumb.jpeg.c769a1ed81369258779c95e145884ed0.jpeg

Guest Mr. No_Face
11 hours ago, Khyber said:

Finally received my first load out 😁 super happy with it. Had a little plink in the garden last night and my face lit up brighter than the tracer! and picked and plucked some foam too. 

Tokyo Marui M4A1 GBBR

6 extra mags with mag pulls

Parra Sabre case

Bifrost tracer

Flashlight

4x Acog style with mini RMR

Standard RMR

Scope style RMR

Acetech Chrono

Viper Tech chest rig and dump pouch

Sling

Shit ton of gas and bbs

Grease and oil

And more... 

Can't wait to skirmish it for the first time on Sunday

Plenty of space left in the case for a side arm and mags when I can get one too

20220126_092243.jpg

20220126_093202.jpg

20220126_093112.jpg

Your first loadout? Talk about going in balls deep... Nice. 🤙

Using this will force you to play a very different style from your rental days.

@Mr. No_Face aye balls deep for sure. After playing and using the rentals I knew I loved the game but... one of the main fascinations I have with firearms is the mechanical beauty of them. How everything works with each other and you can hear parts clink and tink as they engage and move etc.. so for me it had to be a GBBR. As well as he realism factor of the mag counts was another reason. When I played with hi cap rentals I would be counting my shots and imagining reloading etc. And then finally the recoil and noise.. with almost zero feedback from an aeg and the zzzt sound was just not pleasing. The GBBR platform offers everything else on top of what hooked me into playing.  

9 minutes ago, Khyber said:

@Mr. No_Face aye balls deep for sure. After playing and using the rentals I knew I loved the game but... one of the main fascinations I have with firearms is the mechanical beauty of them. How everything works with each other and you can hear parts clink and tink as they engage and move etc.. so for me it had to be a GBBR. As well as he realism factor of the mag counts was another reason. When I played with hi cap rentals I would be counting my shots and imagining reloading etc. And then finally the recoil and noise.. with almost zero feedback from an aeg and the zzzt sound was just not pleasing. The GBBR platform offers everything else on top of what hooked me into playing.  

I understand exactly where you're coming from. I love my MWS and the way you need to discipline yourself to only take the shots you think you can hit, the immersion of reloading under fire etc. However,  GBBRs, even the mighty MWS can be temperamental and suffer with performance anxiety, especially this time of year in the UK. Having a backup AEG ready to go is recommended, just in case.

Guest Mr. No_Face
59 minutes ago, Khyber said:

I hear ya. Been playing with an AEG for several years and got the chance to run a GHK Aks74u GBBR a couple months ago and can't imagine myself buying another AEG again. I'll probably wind up getting a MWS Block 1 or if the stars align and there's ever a GHK M4 or Ak74u in stock, one of those.

Not gonna lie, I'm jealous as F right now staring at your loadout.

44 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

I understand exactly where you're coming from. I love my MWS and the way you need to discipline yourself to only take the shots you think you can hit, the immersion of reloading under fire etc. However,  GBBRs, even the mighty MWS can be temperamental and suffer with performance anxiety, especially this time of year in the UK. Having a backup AEG ready to go is recommended, just in case.

That's what I loved about using the Aks74u GBBR. It Forced me to play a far more calculated game as opposed to my regular "rush and flank their sides asap, guns blazing". Also very true about having a backup AEG. Something he should look into. Luckily there's no shortage of reliable and affordable AEGs these days.

But I'm sure as shit ready to start using a GBBR as my chosen primary just as soon as there's a MWS or GHK ak or M4 in stock.👍

Edited by Mr. No_Face

9 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I hear ya. Been playing with an AEG for several years and got the chance to run a GHK Aks74u GBBR a couple months ago and can't imagine myself buying another AEG again. I'll probably wind up getting a MWS Block 1 or if the stars align and there's ever a GHK M4 or Ak74u in stock, one of those.

Not gonna lie, I'm jealous as F right now staring at your loadout.

That's what I loved about using the Aks74u GBBR. It Forced me to play a far more calculated game as opposed to my regular "rush and flank their sides asap, guns blazing". Also very true about having a backup AEG. Something he should look into. Luckily there's no shortage of reliable and affordable AEGs these days.

But I'm sure as shit ready to start using a GBBR as my chosen primary just as soon as there's a MWS or GHK ak or M4 in stock.👍

I haven't regretted my MWS for a second. Seems more satisfying getting into a decent position and picking people off carefully, rather than mag dumping into bushes. I mean, I still do that occasionally 😂

Whatever you choose, MWS, GHK, you'll enjoy it pal.

• Moderators

I’ve not got much ‘Airsoft stuff’ just clothing for casual and game days ….

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Dogsbody100 said:

now waiting for next payday so I can grab a titan li-ion battery for it.

What connector does it have ? If it’s a Tameya swap it for a deans asap , much better flow from the batt to the gun .👍

____________________________________________________________________________________

Nothing toooooooo epic , picked up an armor's stock plate for the pulse rifle .

C8DBAA3B-0A12-41C9-927A-E8E8404F15BA.jpeg

On 19/01/2022 at 15:59, rj1986 said:

So last night i went online looking for Modify Tan buckings.

Ended up buying an upgraded MTR 16. It does have the tan bucking in it already, so it counts.

Picking it up Sunday

And here she is.

Also picked up a crye shirt, and some trousers on the cheap

1227E5E3-EC8B-44B0-93C4-6C8D88324642.jpeg

@C-Diddy @Mr. No_Face I'm one happy guy! I will pick up a cheap second hand AEG at some point. Now I have the biggest lump sum of 1100 spent I shouldn't have too much of an issue saving up 200 for a backup aeg. Plenty to choose from on the classifieds. But boy I cant wait to maiden it on Sunday. I'll report back how it goes.

15 minutes ago, Khyber said:

@C-Diddy @Mr. No_Face I'm one happy guy! I will pick up a cheap second hand AEG at some point. Now I have the biggest lump sum of 1100 spent I shouldn't have too much of an issue saving up 200 for a backup aeg. Plenty to choose from on the classifieds. But boy I cant wait to maiden it on Sunday. I'll report back how it goes.

Good to hear pal. If you haven't already, take a look at Impulse101. They're the best place I've found for original TM parts at good prices, even with shipping from Japan. Delivery to UK is, on average, 9-11 days. Things you might want to have in your toolbox are spare nozzles, nozzle return spring, hop rubbers and mag lips. Wouldn't worry too much though just yet, but bear in mind those are common parts that fail eventually.

Also, search for the guide @Davegolfposted in the MWS thread. He's listed all the essential tools and maintenance products you may need.

Finally, and this goes for all guns, not just the MWS, use good quality BBs. 

And for £200 you'll easily pick up a decent back-up AEG. Just don't fool yourself that your initial £1,100 is you done. Just wait til you look at HAO Industries parts, real steel furniture, optics etc etc 😂

Enjoy though pal.

41 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Good to hear pal. If you haven't already, take a look at Impulse101. They're the best place I've found for original TM parts at good prices, even with shipping from Japan. Delivery to UK is, on average, 9-11 days. Things you might want to have in your toolbox are spare nozzles, nozzle return spring, hop rubbers and mag lips. Wouldn't worry too much though just yet, but bear in mind those are common parts that fail eventually.

Also, search for the guide @Davegolfposted in the MWS thread. He's listed all the essential tools and maintenance products you may need.

Finally, and this goes for all guns, not just the MWS, use good quality BBs. 

And for £200 you'll easily pick up a decent back-up AEG. Just don't fool yourself that your initial £1,100 is you done. Just wait til you look at HAO Industries parts, real steel furniture, optics etc etc 😂

Enjoy though pal.

Thanks for the advice. Haven't seenninpulse101 yet will take a look. I do plan on buying the common parts that break before they do. I know my wallet is far from seeing the end of spending haha. O have already been eying up furniture. I like the fab defense look. Their style is what I'm after. Not heard of HAO though. Will have a look at them. Will also check out Dave's guide. Have bought the grease and a few other maintenance bits but ran out of cash haha for now. Bought ASG blaster bbs. As read good things about them. And gas wise. I went for the Zero one as it's made by abbey and uses UPL as a lubricant instead of silicon oil as a few sources say silicon oil is for seals etc not really mechanical parts like UPL.

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

What connector does it have ? If it’s a Tameya swap it for a deans asap , much better flow from the batt to the gun .👍

____________________________________________________________________________________

Nothing toooooooo epic , picked up an armor's stock plate for the pulse rifle .

C8DBAA3B-0A12-41C9-927A-E8E8404F15BA.jpeg

I keep hearing this, is a deans the same as a t plug by any chance? 

42 minutes ago, Dogsbody100 said:

Yes it is , looks like this

See the source image

43 minutes ago, Dogsbody100 said:

Yeah some people call them t plug

• Supporters
4 hours ago, EDcase said:

Where does that go on the rifle?

On the side of the magwell just below the round counter .

it wasn’t cheap came from the states , but I think worth it , it’s ever so slightly 3D like an embossed name plate .

B7ED8653-2501-490C-983E-E30AE636B983.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

On the side of the magwell just below the round counter .

it wasn’t cheap came from the states , but I think worth it , it’s ever so slightly 3D like an embossed name plate .

Oooh nice.  I might try and make something similar

3 hours ago, Khyber said:

Thanks for the advice. Haven't seenninpulse101 yet will take a look. I do plan on buying the common parts that break before they do. I know my wallet is far from seeing the end of spending haha. O have already been eying up furniture. I like the fab defense look. Their style is what I'm after. Not heard of HAO though. Will have a look at them. Will also check out Dave's guide. Have bought the grease and a few other maintenance bits but ran out of cash haha for now. Bought ASG blaster bbs. As read good things about them. And gas wise. I went for the Zero one as it's made by abbey and uses UPL as a lubricant instead of silicon oil as a few sources say silicon oil is for seals etc not really mechanical parts like UPL.

Sounds like you're all set then! 

I use the same gas and ASG BBs are decent. I use Devil Blasters and want to try Open Blasters too. Good experience with Geoffs Precision too.

You'll find the MWS is so easy to get loads of external bits and bobs for. Just go with what you want, but try and avoid Angry Gun parts if there are other manufacturers, as they seem to be really hit and miss. 

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Oooh nice.  I might try and make something similar

If you need anymore pictures of it let me know and I can take some for you .👍

there’s one that goes on the other side I’m trying to track down , no luck so far 🤬

4C05D912-2458-491B-AC2D-BA6DA3621A7B.jpeg