The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

On 28/11/2020 at 18:05, Asomodai said:

LCT M4 Hop unit 

5x G&P AK47 mid cap mags. 

Find the G&P the most reliable classic metal magazines for midcaps. On occasion pick up TM for the hicaps.

Given up on LCT magazines. 

2 hours ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

G&g Cm16 Raider L 2.0 etu 

Black Friday deal for a backup 

20201201_154932.thumb.jpg.41cedf03317b6586cf92be545e13df44.jpg

Have you tried it out yet? I nearly went for this but budgeted for the Raider 2.0

41 minutes ago, Luke8449 said:

Have you tried it out yet? I nearly went for this but budgeted for the Raider 2.0

Nah not yet. 

It arrived today, need to find my tamiya to deans adapter until i get it rewired. 

Will chrono it and test fire once i have done that. 

Dont like the weird outer barrel assembly on it, but it has a rotary hop and seems well put together. 

Its actually now my longest m4 style rifle, longer than my G&G Predator 

This arrived today.... Batteries arriving tomorrow, so no idea of dot brightness etc, but on first impression, for a China clone it's sturdy, well built and looks the balls on my CCR.

Screenshot_20201202-183451.jpg

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

@Skara - Your fault.... 

Haven't used mine in ages 😮

On 01/12/2020 at 12:54, DerDer said:

Find the G&P the most reliable classic metal magazines for midcaps. On occasion pick up TM for the hicaps.

Given up on LCT magazines. 

It's why I went for them over the E&Ls! They are unfortunately a little scarce these days. 

Cyber Monday has turned me into a HPA nerd. Gone are the days of CO2 in the VSR and next big purchase (probably in the summer) will be a Polarstar engine for the m14. Figure that tank will probably last me a few more shots than a 12g CO2 bulb, and plenty of time on a semi-only m14 😅

image.png.512915eeb6fd4822eb35b3352c58a43b.png

Bought some new mags for my Star Wars Storm Trooper E11 from Bespoke Airsoft! 😎

78A25F21-3D15-4C8C-9FF2-DD4F7867EBF1.jpeg

On 03/12/2020 at 00:45, Asomodai said:

It's why I went for them over the E&Ls! They are unfortunately a little scarce these days. 

Had a box of E&L mags awhile back. Good price and lovely construction, just didn't feed right.

Disappointing experience.  

41 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Had a box of E&L mags awhile back. Good price and lovely construction, just didn't feed right.

Disappointing experience.  

For future purchases - if you find a mid cap you like the look of, try replacing the spring with a Maple Airsoft one. I’ve picked them up from Fire Support and they’ve turned nice-looking but fundamentally useless mid caps into usable mags that push 0.4’s without issue

Edit- in the spirit of the thread 

Maple Leaf Hi-Capa hop unit

Maple leaf Autobot 60 silicone

Cyber gun M1A1 drum mag

5 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

For future purchases - if you find a mid cap you like the look of, try replacing the spring with a Maple Airsoft one. I’ve picked them up from Fire Support and they’ve turned nice-looking but fundamentally useless mid caps into usable mags that push 0.4’s without issue

The problem with E&Ls isn't the spring, they're just shit mags.

On 01/12/2020 at 22:38, MagpieAirsoft said:

Nah not yet. 

It arrived today, need to find my tamiya to deans adapter until i get it rewired. 

Will chrono it and test fire once i have done that. 

Dont like the weird outer barrel assembly on it, but it has a rotary hop and seems well put together. 

Its actually now my longest m4 style rifle, longer than my G&G Predator 

You never know the outer barrel might grow on you! 

I picked this up the other day, my first TM and hi capa 

76DD2C20-825E-439C-8036-8F53EACBA1BD.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Luke8449 said:

You never know the outer barrel might grow on you! 

I picked this up the other day, my first TM and hi capa 

76DD2C20-825E-439C-8036-8F53EACBA1BD.jpeg

Its weird i. That a bit fits into the receiver and is held by a barrel nut.   A bit then is attached into that woth grub screws, then another bit slots onto that and clamps the inner barrel with grub screws. Like i said, weird lol

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Skara said:

The problem with E&Ls isn't the spring, they're just shit mags.

I dunno, mine seem to be ok.

You dont get the last couple of rounds but other than that the feeding is reliable (as in gun stops feeding its time to reload)

Although i might at some point mess around with springs, think i have a bunch of springs out of some 200 rounders around somewhere.

After promising myself not to buy anything else this year, saw that a particular forum member put up a lovely G&G F2000 Tri rail for sale for 50 roubles. A no brainer. 

Got one of those lovely Airsoft Masterpiece Speedcat slides in grey on the way for the second Hi-Capa that got built by accident...

Finally picked up a back for my warrior 901 vest in the sales last week.

On the bright side its much more supportive, on the down side even with all the straps completely taken in its still slightly too big for me!

I didnt think i was quite that small and im certainly not skinny.

• Supporters
On 08/12/2020 at 10:22, Mad-Al said:

Finally picked up a back for my warrior 901 vest in the sales last week.

On the bright side its much more supportive, on the down side even with all the straps completely taken in its still slightly too big for me!

I didnt think i was quite that small and im certainly not skinny.

The back panel does limit the adjustment a bit. When I was down at 15 stone I had the straps adjusted all the way down and it fit fairly well. Of course, now I'm up to 17 stone it still has plenty of adjustment left in it!

Just bought a vector optics t2 and 3x magnifier. Hopefully arrives from China soon!