The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

4 minutes ago, paradoxum said:

The modified Magpul CTR stock from Dave's is great: https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/CTRbatterypad

It should be great for nearly £70.

Would a £9 CTR clone and a Dremel not achieve the same thing?

28 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

It should be great for nearly £70.

Would a £9 CTR clone and a Dremel not achieve the same thing?

I actually couldn't find one with a big buttpad like that, they were all slim so I assumed they put a custom one on there or something. It would be a hell of a lot of dremeling though, and they've even cut holes all around it for heat dissipation, to be honest with all the other crap I gotta do to this gun I'd rather just pay someone to do it right for me.

This is the one I was seeing with the smaller buttpad:

1__05300.1567030494.jpg?c=2

3 minutes ago, Arwen said:

You can buy the machined out pad direct from KoA if you already have the stock - https://www.kingdomofairsoft.com/product-page/genuine-magpul-ctr-extended-buffer-pad

Huh, well I guess that would have been cheaper to get the £9 stock and that, but already have it now so oh well. Good for anyone searching and finding this though.

Still it's a shame it can only fit a 7.4v lipo, is that going to be enough to run my SCARs drivetrain? U-22000 motor, 12:1 gears, M110 spring. 

4 hours ago, paradoxum said:

Still it's a shame it can only fit a 7.4v lipo, is that going to be enough to run my SCARs drivetrain? U-22000 motor, 12:1 gears, M110 spring.

I'd say ask Sam at KoA. He's probably tested a whole host of batteries in them and knows what fits and what doesn't. 

@Adolf Hamster, that looks like it almost belongs on a small motorcycle! 😳

15 minutes ago, Arwen said:

I'd say ask Sam at KoA. He's probably tested a whole host of batteries in them and knows what fits and what doesn't. 

Sam at KoA? Only other space I can think a battery might fit is down the stock tubing but I don't have the scar adapter yet so I can't test with any butterfly lipos I have.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Arwen said:

people may say i'm dramatizing but it weighs about as much as a small motorcycle :P

i mean i never expected a steel pbs4 to be light but the walls of the can are 4mm thick in places.....

Just brought a new Airsoft Matserpiece pistol grip and trigger for my Limcat Hi-Capa so much better than the standard plastic TM one!

Oh and I went and brought a Tapp Airsoft drum mag for it!

20201024_120947.thumb.jpg.2e734295902ce8adf0f0f87003e78812.jpg

20201024_121025.thumb.jpg.498ce9c7767788d8ec61f378e89511f1.jpg

B6AC clone for €15.

I could have spent more on the real deal, but not knowing how to tell it apart from clones I didn't want to risk being scammed to shit :D

8 hours ago, MiK said:

Skirmshop UK has got Silverback MK23 Suppressors back in stock so they have just gained 29 of my finest Great British Pounds & 10 of my Shiniest pennies :P

Well that's two Skirmshop orders made this week now!!

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

In my case it would see more use at the very least. Lovely looking bit of kit bud! That the one with the tracer unit in it?

Yep, lovely looking suppressor but man you do notice all that weight up there.....

40 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Yep, lovely looking suppressor but man you do notice all that weight up there.....

Aye, those thicc boys really throw the balance off when you're adding a heap of weight that far from the natural 'pivot point' (there is probably an actual term for what I'm trying to say) when handling the RIF. I've found a noticeable difference in how unwieldly the DTSS suppressors feel when used with the G-Spec length barrel versus the 16" and 22" outer barrels. Pretty crazy how the same amount of weight can carry so differently depending on how far from your grip they are.

• Supporters

Centre of gravity is the term you're after.

Problem is that can has about 4mm thick steel in places, so its super heavy.

Probably will run her as standard unless i'm for a night game with the tracer on, an e&l ak isnt exactly a featherweight before you start hanging heavy things on it :P

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Centre of gravity is the term you're after.

That's the one!

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Probably will run her as standard unless i'm for a night game with the tracer on, an e&l ak isnt exactly a featherweight before you start hanging heavy things on it :P

Seems entirely reasonable, I imagine it'd carry a bit nicer on an AK SU (apologies if this incurs the wrath of the AK Gods, I'm not really an 'AK guy') of some description but a glorious looking chunk of steel for sure.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

That's the one!

Seems entirely reasonable, I imagine it'd carry a bit nicer on an AK SU (apologies if this incurs the wrath of the AK Gods, I'm not really an 'AK guy') of some description but a glorious looking chunk of steel for sure.

Yeah it'd definately work better on an aksu but i'm kinda worried it'd bend the barrel on the jg :P

However this just means i have an excuse to get another e&l ;)

Specna arms e-05 purchased on classifieds from stuart881.

Nice looking gat with a few extras. Cant wait to try it out at weekend 🙂

On 28/10/2020 at 17:58, alxndrhll said:

Pretty crazy how the same amount of weight can carry so differently depending on how far from your grip they are.

It's called momentum and it's mostly why engineers (and to a limited extent us surveyors) hate architects with a passion :D

28 minutes ago, Skara said:

It's called momentum and it's mostly why engineers (and to a limited extent us surveyors) hate architects with a passion :D

I design board games for a living, so suffice to say the dictionary definitions of words often get muddled up with ones I’ve defined in rulebooks to mean something else from time to time! Momentum is very much one of the worst offenders in this case.

Load of Chinese surplus gear cos why not?  Meets the criteria of being cool and unusual.

Surplus Chinese Army BDU Military PLA Uniform - Type 03 Plateau “Tibet Flecktarn"il_340x270.2599331373_ooiy.jpgil_340x270.2346530668_da3i.jpg07's series China PLA Army Woodland Digital Camo Combat Tactical Vest,Set,Gcap_pla03high_a.jpg