The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

More arrived last night. Some kanzel bearings (these better be good for the price of them) some super shooter 18:1 cnc gears which look amazing and really heavy, some Teflon grease, guarder shim set and a super shooter red aluminium bearing piston head. So at least if it ends up firing like a turd il still have a fancy looking gearbox that no one can see lol

• Supporters
More arrived last night. Some kanzel bearings (these better be good for the price of them) some super shooter 18:1 cnc gears which look amazing and really heavy, some Teflon grease, guarder shim set and a super shooter red aluminium bearing piston head. So at least if it ends up firing like a turd il still have a fancy looking gearbox that no one can see lol

Yeah, I've ordered some Kanzen 7mm bearings too from WGC = $19. Where did you go/how much? I went with Teflon grease my last HK order too and would have gone for CNC gears (hadn't decided on make) but just got some 2nd hand Prometheus and Systema. What made you choose Guarder shims? I chose SHS because some of them are copper, although I've since also ordered some Systema shims because I need more thickness from them in 2 gearboxes (because I was ordering something more expensive and that shop didn't do SHS ones so I got Systema because they're supposed to be the dog's - we shall see).

I'm asking this because I think this thread could be a lot more useful if we pick each others' brains...

• Supporters

Agree with the above. People ought to talk briefly about why they ordered what they did and what other options were on the table at the time of ordering. Why go for that when you could've gone for this etc etc.

Unless it's just like...

Well actually I guess there's a debate to be had about every purchase.

• Supporters

Also just ordered a helmet rubber for when I get the MTP cover for it off Ian.

I hope a medium cover will fit over a large helmet... Is there a lot of difference in size of the outside? I thought it might just be the head fitting part that changed size.

• Supporters
Is there a lot of difference in size of the outside?

Just three-four foot difference. Should fit to be honest. :)

Not bought yet, but will tomorrow (I get paid :D), the rest of my L96 upgrade parts.

For those interested I've done a quick little review on the gear set which im very pleased with in the accerories review section. The guarder shims because of the sizing and I hear they are very consistent. The Teflon grease I use because quite a few people have said its thicker than normal gear grease so has a better chance of staying on your gears instead of spraying your gearbox with it after a few shots. That and Teflon is supposed to be hard wearing and slippy. Bearings were £15 quid from fire support. They have about 7 different kanzen bearings. I wanted the fancy ceramic ones but they were out of stock. Why copper for the shims btw?

• Supporters
Also just ordered a helmet rubber for when I get the MTP cover for it off Ian.

I hope a medium cover will fit over a large helmet... Is there a lot of difference in size of the outside? I thought it might just be the head fitting part that changed size.

That's probably not going to fit to be honest.

I mean it may vary on individual kit but stores have given me a medium MTP cover that doesn't even fit a medium helmet because the cover is cut for a Mk7 and I've got a Mk6a.

• Supporters

Well the rubber ought to at least fit everything from a Mk VI to a Mk VII in any size, so I'll just have to wait and see.

To be fair, I need the Mk VII for the loadout to be authentic anyway, so if it doesn't fit I'll just buy a MK VII in medium and then I'll be sorted.

... Well, my helmet will be sorted.

Might have to wait until payday though...

• Supporters

Dammit.. was just talking about covers on another forum and got that stuck in my head. Shows what happens when you don't actually read things properly before replying.

Ignore me, I've just been playing batman games for too long today.

I have just finished up my loadout of the swiss army! all m83 alpenflage including cap helmet with helmet cover everything!

However i bought a PASGT helmet and although it fits well it looks MASSIVE when i wear it a bit like the darth vader guy in the movie space balls....

Are they sposed to look large???

• Supporters

@Wo1f: I wanted copper shims because it's softer than steel so if it rubs against the harder metal, it will get "filed down" by the micro-crystaline structure of the metal it rubs against which ought to leave a very flat and low friction interface between them. Ideally I would like 12 copper shims so that both sides of whatever thickness of shimming is needed for each side of each gear would be copper, but I'll just have to make do with 10 for now and, as you say, thick Teflon grease.

• Supporters

This lot just arrived at my door:

post-2954-1344439573_thumb.jpg

PDI fluted outer barrel

PDI L96 tightbore

PDI AI flash hider 1

PDI L96 hop chamber

Happy as it somehow skipped all customs charges, despite the full price being on the package, 33391 Yen + 2800 Yen shipping..

Having problems already - the outer barrel simply refuses to screw into the bolt housing.

The threads on the original and the PDI barrels are exactly the same, but it does 6 and a half turns then stops. Literally ripping my hard apart trying to screw it in.

Anyone got any tips? Anything I add, like lube or whatever?

• Supporters

some 4mm x 16mm hex bolts 1 for my new AK fire selector, another to replace one that dropped out of the stock of my L1A1 SLR and spares.

4mm washers.

4mm shakeproof star washers.

Hi Viz ultra reflective white tape to make helmet bands.

Another pair of '95 pattern DPM combat kecks - my old ones have a repair that's getting close to done.

100mm x 190mm field dressing - you just never know and it was really cheap.

Prometheus 110 spring - to give me more options with my AK + it was cheap.

British Army 5 mag bandolier - I think there are times when I don't need to wear a vest but I still need to carry mags...

Motorola TLKR T4 radios - they're the cheapest I could find that have the minimum requirements for airsoft and a reasonable reputation.

2 x Large Flameless Ration Heaters - for NAE12 - These are massive so they should do more than just a 300g MRE, which, let's face it, isn't much of a scoff when you've been running around...

My Kanzen bearings arrived today too and, after a quick test in a spare gearbox, they seem really, I mean REALLY, good.

Also discovered that my parcel from UNCompany that I was expecting around now has been returned to sender, according to the HK post office tracking info, but then I also found a card from RM when I got in this evening saying I had a parcel that I had to pay £1.09 to get delivered, so maybe that's it...

Fingers crossed a new TM M16 ;)

Sopmod base with M203 launcher ;)

pics to come soon!

• Supporters
Anyone got any tips? Anything I add, like lube or whatever?

I thought about it and my first instinct was not to use lube on a thread because it would make it come undone just as much as it helps make it tighten but, if it's really stiff, that shouldn't matter. I'd go for it - if you have some use Teflon gearbox grease (I could go into the science of why polytetraflouroethane is so good, but I think everyone gets it that Teflon is PTFE and it's the most slippery substance so far encountered on earth.). Otherwise some other grease rather than oil, because it will stay where you put it.

• Supporters

Got it done now, finally. With help from various people :L.

Still quite stiff, but at least it holds in place well and there's no chance of it ever unscrewing as I use it!!

I thought I avoided Customs charges. Even asked the FedEx guy who dropped it off if I had any. Got a letter a week later wanting 20 quid.. Well they can go swivel as I never asked them to pay it.

• Supporters

It took 7 days;

That's from when I placed the order.

Received invoice email with reference and shipping etc. the next day. Sent them the money via PayPal that day (Thursday last week).

Then got an email Thursday saying it had been dispatched, along with tracking number etc.

Received it today at about 2 ish.

Really, really good service.

They were helpful in answering any questions I had via email as well, nothing bad to say about them.

• Supporters

Palco Firepower (USP) Co2 Airsoft Pistol - I include the link because it's £35. OK NBB & plastic, but 350 +/- 5% & CO2 capsules. I mean, how sh!t could it actually be and still fire @350fps?

Madbull Hop rubber (Clear + Black) - to replace the ones which have apparently been returned to sender in HK & since I was ordering from Action Hobbies anyway, it seemed like a good idea since I want the new rubbers in my guns in good time for a night game on 18th and NAE12 on 24th.

25 x Umarex 12g CO2 cartridges - for the pistol

• Supporters

It's looking like I might finally be rid of my M14, so soon I'll have £255 on my hands, as well as a new ACOG that was part of the swap/sale.

Only lame thing is that the remaining parts I need to finish my L119 still add up to over £400 lol. Not to mention the fact that I need food and stuff to live...

• Supporters

What parts do you still need for your L119?

PS. since when were you a moderator?

Just picked up a set of ATACS FG to go with my new modern look. PX4, spare mag and hard holster, will play with the G36 or M4, no webbing, light n fast.

atacsfg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Opposite to my current 1980 British Forces look :)

Gas, precious green gas. Couldn't find propane anywhere atm :(

Also another viper mp5 pouch for my Mp7 :D