The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

5 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

What's the trick to loading the mags, because OMFG these are some fiddly little bitches to get BBs into!

Would something like this not work?

Its what I have to use for my GHK mags

IMG_9232.jpeg.098654a9849831729779cc1fa7133439.jpeg

Ordered this tail switch, this bit holder and this bit holder from AliExpress.

The smaller one goes into my kit as a complement to my leatherman (along with a few selected 6mm bits), the larger one goes into my field toolbox.

Tail switch will go on my repro m600p because I like the option to have both permanent and momentary on functions.

Now, onto some tracers..

On 08/06/2023 at 13:37, Skullchewer said:

What's the trick to loading the mags, because OMFG these are some fiddly little bitches to get BBs into!

I'm not familiar with the VFC gas mags, but MWS mags are similar when new. Speedloader with a pistol adapter works, or the TM XL loader that has the adapter attached. 

Or if you have an Odin, look to see if Airtac have a VFC adapter?

24 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Or if you have an Odin, look to see if Airtac have a VFC adapter?

Airtac do have one on their website, but it was out of stock every time I've looked.  (Edit.. sorry that's the 416 version I looked for, d'oh)

I don't know whether it's just luck, or some sort of psychological thing, but my Geoff's 0.40g BBs seem to load more easily.  They usually get loaded via my larger capacity (200rd?) Viper speedloader with that eBay adapter fitted (glued on), whereas I usually load other weight ammo via a 90rd loader, using the included adapter (also glued on).

Here's the 3D printed thing that helps at least a bit ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Speed-loader-tip-for-GHK-WE-and-H-K-airsoft-magazines-locking-/334022271565

.. but if course that's specific for my gun.  Might be worth checking with the seller for a G3 version

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

A stupid amount of Osprey MkIV body armour,including pelvec protection (for Sat nights only). I'll not be buying the hard armour plates for this but did buy front & back body inserts (the extremeties will need to settle for cut up roll mat).

I treated myself to a cheapo rifle case too as the bergan I used at my last/first skirmish was a bit bulky & awkward.

353805539_9444075908967726_5981416039995327909_n.jpg

354060141_9444075602301090_8456544002763111335_n.jpg

Should make life easier while reloading my GBBR mags... (made sure to get a spare of each, just in case)

image.thumb.jpeg.a643256aa89ad1c54fc31ecf61496ccf.jpeg

5.11 CAMS

Ordered yesterday around 4pm from Tactree

Arrived today by8pm

Super impressed as I didn’t select express delivery and just accepted the free 10 day service 

Even got a free cap with my order 

This thing is flippen HUUUGE, and kinda heavy before it’s got all my shit in it 😂

IMG_9291.thumb.jpeg.eda31f1f0872631a84d0695f107ec334.jpeg

Just a pair of the wellco jungle boots I posted about in the reccomended boots thread and a pair of soldier 95 trousers. So far I'm happy with them  especially as the total cost was £45 including postage

On 13/06/2023 at 23:18, gavinkempsell said:

stupid amount of Osprey MkIV body armou

Do yourself a favour and take the collar and brassards off in this weather.   I have more or less the full kit too and it's too much for this time of year. 

Incase you need the manual:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiqaVyI38h9UhPtgp1AiswtdpNPvvA

Edited by Dan Robinson

10 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Do let us know how it is.

Once I get everything, in about two weeks!

It'll be my first magnifier so I really don't know what to expect and, to be fair, I'll probably use it once or twice then throw everything in a drawer.

9 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

5.11 CAMS

Arrived today by8pm

Super impressed as I didn’t select express delivery and just accepted the free 10 day service 

This thing is flippen HUUUGE, and kinda heavy before it’s got all my shit in it 😂

I’ve bought 5.11 rifle bags and range bags from Tactree, superb service and kit.

Takes all my kit with ease, I love it 

9 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

5.11 CAMS

Arrived today by8pm

Great bits of kit, I use their patrol bag for work and I’ve been eyeing up one of these to potentially replace my Peli rifle case - unfortunately I think this is a bit too big 😂

15 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

Great bits of kit, I use their patrol bag for work and I’ve been eyeing up one of these to potentially replace my Peli rifle case - unfortunately I think this is a bit too big 😂

It is BIG😂

Later in the evening after I placed the order I started looking at the smaller SOMS, then I got the “Dispatched” email shortly after.

TBH, considering the sale price , it was a no brainier for me as I’ve wanted one for ages 👍

21 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Do yourself a favour and take the collar and brassards off in this weather.   I have more or less the full kit too and it's too much for this time of year. 

Incase you need the manual:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiqaVyI38h9UhPtgp1AiswtdpNPvvA

Thanks for this, I could never get the whole manual, was missing a few pages.

3 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Me mum's finally proud of my airsofting 🤣

Very comfy. Bit on the tight side and that's entirely the shirts fault and not all the pies and beer shut up.

20230619_124844.jpg

Very nice 👍

Now get to the bathroom and wash all that paint off! 😂

Bet you got it all up the handle as well lol😉

Regards 

Mtw Tactical 10"

IMG_20230618_200528_003.thumb.jpg.cb53170579c08c720040c315cf39e231.jpg

• Supporters

My poor bank account …. Just been and picked up my TM Saiga 12 …. Initial impressions, foregrip doesn't feel the best (cannot explane it), mags are quite hard to lock in for some reason, stock sights are pants (but i has an ak side mount), fixed hop (seems like the m870 hop system) …. That said the range on some 0.25’s was very impressive tbh

pics to follow