The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Found a used TM G18C for a good price so decided to do a G18C build after the summer.

Also found that there’s not many aftermarket slides left out there for this particular gun.

But today this beauty landed from Japan after some minor hazzle with swedish customs.

The Nineball ”Eckesachs” slide. Some kind of carbonfibre abs mixture with metal reinforcements. Superlight and very sexy.

Can’t wait for autumn so I can get the rest of the parts and start the build..

8ECB5905-5676-4ACE-B1B1-D404218D9A42.thumb.jpeg.9dc8b4df81f988d5dd902382e3b83db3.jpeg

Worth waiting for..

Edited by theSwede

Nothing spectacular but a very useful little bundle from Action Hobbies' boneyard...

Two sets of camo knee pads.

Lower face mask.

Pistol lanyard.

MTP baseball cap.

Bolle glasses.

Green snood with mouth protection.

Green balaclava.

All for a tenner.  I only really wanted the kneepads to replace my current ones bought from Screwfix, as the straps are showing the strain, but the other bits could be useful, especially if I take friends along.

The Bolle glasses won't get used in-game but are ideal for casual use when doing DIY etc

And I bought a pair of MTP combat trousers as my current ones are very faded.

Not going to buy any more pews...

DAMIT!

I really like the Barry Burton style M9 pistol but its too expensive so I found a cheapo version...

The HFC HG193 from the shop that shall not me named.  (Was on offer for £99.99 and its the new all metal version. Note the hole in the hammer)

It took some tinkering with the internals. (The hop rubber wasn't seated properly and a bit of the slide benefited from some filing)

When I got it the fps was 260 but after my tinkering its up to 300fps

It now shoots really well (for a cheapo gun) (It does have adjustable hop with a grub screw)

The compensator unit is easy to remove with one screw underneath but still holds well with no wobble as it slides onto the rails of the frame underneath.

So its easy to convert into a 92X Performance model. (Have to ignore the stupid engraving tho)

After my usual treatment of a new pew 😉

HFC_HG193.thumb.jpg.eeefee5957d6d3738f8b2e2a9a0a05e8.jpg

I also added some extra weight to the front.  Its now a nice hefty 1.14Kg

Edited by EDcase

I bought a clone 1-6x Vortex Razor. I compared it directly to my RS 1-8x Strike Eagle.

I haven’t seen how it holds zero yet, but eye relief, glass clarity and zoom at 6x are very similar.

Ignore any milkyness, it’s light getting in the back of the scopes whilst trying to snap a picture.

First reticle/glass is the Strike Eagle

IMG_5767.jpeg

IMG_5762.jpeg

IMG_5766.jpeg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

I bought a clone 1-6x Vortex Razor. I compared it directly to my RS 1-8x Strike Eagle.

I haven’t seen how it holds zero yet, but eye relief, glass clarity and zoom at 6x are very similar.

Ignore any milkyness, it’s light getting in the back of the scopes whilst trying to snap a picture.

First reticle/glass is the Strike Eagle

IMG_5767.jpeg

IMG_5762.jpeg

IMG_5766.jpeg

Source? Please? Pretty please?

So after completely forgetting about this pistol for about 10 years after longing for it for ages: I was Googling WA SVI’s, trying to find a price for mine to sell at an airsoft boot sale last weekend, and went down a small rabbit hole of other WA pistols - setting off multiple old memories of pre VCRA days.

Then at said boot sale, a van pulls up directly opposite me and what do you think they have…

WA Colt Delta Elite.

I think it was a sign that I had to buy it.

0C376BB5-4435-45E2-918D-C7A3776F30E1.jpeg

Edited by rj1986

About £100 worth of L119A1 parts:

- Flash hider

- Stock pad

- Barrel extension

Oh and an LA-5 style battery box!

Looking forward to them arriving as the build continues to take shape :D 

On 05/06/2023 at 16:35, Skullchewer said:

Should be here tomorrow. 

And, was it? 

2 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

I'm so happy 😭

20230607_220030.jpg

Looks awesome pal. Perfectly timed for GBBR season too 👌 

Just went to chrono it and a fly buzzed through the chrono aperture 🤣

Hopping .2 on green gas.

I believe the Umarex/VFC is fitted with an NPAS as standard in Europe, so I might break down this beauty and see if we can't tweak that fps a little. 

Then again I may just leave it for now and see how she performs out of the box. 

It's a joy to shoot in my barn range, with a very satisfying recoil. 

Itching to take it out on the field. 

20230608_120054.jpg

20230608_120138.jpg

57 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

lovely ! I think of all my GBBR it’s my favourite :)

0D2A8D3E-DFC0-45A0-BC14-DB0E4BFEA531.thumb.jpeg.f0dbdffd0dc271581c8dfa14bf92bdc5.jpeg

What's the trick to loading the mags, because OMFG these are some fiddly little bitches to get BBs into!

A speedloader held at a 45 degree angle is as good as I got with my VFC 416.  I bought a 3D printed adapter off eBay that maybe helps a tiny bit