The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

I bought a new Pistol red dot yesterday.

Vector Optics Frenzy SCRD-M43, the one with a circle/dot reticle. Unlimited lifetime warranty as well.

So far, zero parallax error, great build quality.

As with all photo’s of reticles, it makes it look a lot smaller than it actually is (it’s 35moa)

IMG_5452.jpeg

IMG_5451.jpeg

On 11/05/2023 at 09:10, RostokMcSpoons said:

'humiliation' / 'have a laugh' gun

Not the most recent purchase,  as I bought it at the AI500 in wales.

Picked up a Maxtact derringer as a second humiliation gun. (My first is a TM LCPII bought at last years AI500 in Rochdale)

Didn't get a chance to use it in game though

20230519_004031.jpg

A couple of boneyard purchases...

1244910808_MagsandSight.jpg.00b833adaeaeab5383a96b1660f69cd0.jpg

Action Hobbies does me a favour again...
3 x polymer mid-caps for £7 which are to go in my Tippmann, because the Lonex flash mags quite often unwind on insertion, so these seem a better bet.  Also, I'm only going to run the Tippmann on semi-auto - seems a bit more 'suitable' to that play-style.   (And as a  minor bonus I get to use the Odin knock-off I bought second hand yonks ago)

An Eotech clone for £8.   Just cos I can't stop myself buying super-cheapo optics, it seems.    It's not that bad, surprisingly!

And Land Warrior returned the pair of VFC HK416 mags I bought a couple of weeks ago, that were leaking.   They now seem fixed, and they turned them around pleasingly quickly ... i.e. just in time for my next game-day tomorrow.  Phew!

After creating this post,

I ended up going away off the track of DNC , usual kinda thing that, right?

So anyway, just arrived today

A Spanky pair of Krydex G3 in Tiger Stripe. 
Had a quick look over them when they arrived, good material, certainly better than my Emerson MTP’s also they have stretch panels. 
Might have a wee beer tonight and get the complete Larp-on in my mums basement 😆

IMG_8890.jpeg

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

33 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

After creating this post, I kinda went off the beaten track looking at other things , usual stuff- right?

So anyway, just arrived today

A Spanky pair of Krydex G3 in Tiger Stripe. 
Had a quick look over them when they arrived, good material, certainly better than my Emerson MTP’s also they have stretch panels. 
Might have a wee beer tonight and get the complete Larp-on in my mums basement 😆

IMG_8890.jpeg

I bet you have another pair of socks just the same 😂😂

The tiger stripe does look good though👍

44 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I bet you have another pair of socks just the same 😂😂

The tiger stripe does look good though👍

Sun was so bright today, made my left look a different colour

Ya foot fetish weirdo 😂😂

On 09/05/2023 at 19:31, Colin Allen said:

Nothing very exciting; a Double Bell KAC PDW.

A quick reshim, new pistol grip, high torque motor, ZCI 6.02mm barrel, Maple Leaf 60 degree Macaron and Gearparts 70 degree nub, new spring, new nozzle and a CHiLUN ETU.

IMG_0682.jpeg

I took this to Tower Airsoft today for its first outing; a truly excellent little gun.  Great range and accuracy and very consistent power.

Nothing too exciting.

Delta Mike mk2 in dark woodland.

3 metres of 1inch webbing in woodland camo with 5 plastic and 1 metal triglide, 1 metal spring loaded cam buckle and a metal hk clip. Plan to make my own adjustable 2 point sling.

Bought this hop unit for my T-11;

Next week it'll be this tracer plus whatever tracer 0.28/0.25g I can find.

And maybe in two/three weeks another couple of pouches from Baribal.pl :)

2 hours ago, Skara said:

Bought this hop unit for my T-11;

Next week it'll be this tracer plus whatever tracer 0.28/0.25g I can find.

And maybe in two/three weeks another couple of pouches from Baribal.pl :)

Good choice. Got one of those in my T10, and I'm liking it very much.

Big improvement over the original AA red unit, or the Tridos ones I've used before.

Just now, Hudson said:

Big improvement over the original AA red unit, or the Tridos ones I've used before.

Currently I'm using the stock chamber with a GS TDC turret.

GS TDC is nice but it's HUGE and it's very easy to knock it off adjustment, also I wanted to try something new ;)

Just received a boneyard Classic Army UMP from @THE FNG.

She'll need a bit of work, but I'm hoping to have her up and running for my next day of BBwarz. I forgot how much I love H&K plastic spaceguns (*looking at my big pile of boring M4s*).

image.png.632f41a626bcca3b6b53c70fae8d5cce.png

Thanks to @Louish118

I enquired about his HK decals

He didn’t have quite what I was after, but was able to get these knocked up for my TM 416 which for some reason TM don’t do the trades on the right side of the magwell 

So here’s a before & after 👌

IMG_9020.thumb.jpeg.f2415c69273072ba402af6373282790b.jpeg

IMG_9021.thumb.jpeg.71ceb98fe7c76266da19b359ea99d94e.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Thanks to @Louish118

I enquired about his HK decals

He didn’t have quite what I was after, but was able to get these knocked up for my TM 416 which for some reason TM don’t do the trades on the right side of the magwell 

So here’s a before & after 👌

They look good - do you need to apply any kind of clear coat (lacquer) over the top for protection?

14 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

They look good - do you need to apply any kind of clear coat (lacquer) over the top for protection?

I haven’t yet, but was thinking of digging through my wife’s nail polish selection to see if she has anything suitable, as they will probably peel off eventually despite a proper de-greasing before application 

( I know I don’t have any in my makeup bag 😉)

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

MWS build is officially complete. Fitted it and maaaaaaaaaan it's a lot nicer than the stock pistol grip. Plus the NPAS should help me keep it from getting a bit too spicy. Might actually get a longer inner barrel for it now, since it's an m16a4 and beforehand if I put a longer barrel in it would creep to be hot (currently has an m4 length one that stops half way through the outer).

image.jpeg.2f4cd7490f252f245175996169777e51.jpeg

I bought a replacement v3 gearbox to replace the one I murdered in my aug. 

Now I'm busy googling how to drill the TM gearbox bush holes to fit the ones from the replacement....😁

24 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

Treated myself to some new camo. See if anyone can identify the type?

At first I thought it was some sort of variant of Afghan national army uniform, but the larger digital squares I think it maybe Project Honor Camouflage? 

Edited by Sniper780

3 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

yup..good guess and completely right.

Wouldn't mind a baseball cap in the same camo but bits are getting hard to find now.

I have never seen it outside of the US. It pops up on  Hopupairsoft from time to time, not sure how effective it is. 

A nice new 499mm zci barrel for my g3. only to discover that for some reason the tm g3 outer barrel is narrowed after 459mm to a point that the inner barrel wont fit through. Being relatively cheap metal and the scarcity of spares. I dont think trying to bore out the outer barrel is a worthwhile risk.

Picked up a Highlander 25ltr buckle up pack today from an army/navy store near me.

Got him down from £45 to £35. Was after a Viper one but I must say that the quality/strength and attention to detail is spot on.

It won't help me play any better but at least I can fill it with cake and sweets for when I'm sulking in the bushes! 🙂

Regards 

IMG20230527165104.jpg

IMG20230527165044.jpg

On 26/05/2023 at 14:54, Impulse said:

MWS build is officially complete. Fitted it and maaaaaaaaaan it's a lot nicer than the stock pistol grip.

I think the stock grip on an MWS, combined with the flat trigger guard is one of the most uncomfortable combos out there. Very wise to replace 👍