The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

12 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

Very interesting AEG. The Double Eagle AX15 with the new Kestral ETU (it has bluetooth and an App).

Now that is interesting. It's a premium-priced gun (~£350) - I would like to know if Double Eagle can compete in that market sector. 

I would love to hear more in a review on here.

Going to AI500 this weekend with a US-inspired recce loadout and figured I'd go all the way with it  🦅  🦅  🦅  🦅  🦅

It's freedom time!

image.thumb.jpeg.eea6c2279b4ff1e467bb4e4d42d368c1.jpeg

Nice!

I wish they were available in Europe as well, I'm kinda tired of paying €15+ for a bag of decent 0.28/0.32s

6 minutes ago, Skara said:

Nice!

I wish they were available in Europe as well, I'm kinda tired of paying €15+ for a bag of decent 0.28/0.32s

Odd that they sell the motors but not the BBs.   Well, they only recently-ish made the BBs available in the UK, maybe they'll expand them to Eurozone soon too.

I wish they did heavyweight BBs too, as it is I've ordered some more Geoff's to get my sniper / GBBR ammo.

40 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Well, they're bio, so at least you can eat them.

I heard from a reliable source that if you microwave them in a little butter they make a great snack to go with your saturday night film. Game changer!

I love visiting Poland, to find a shop with my exact size DNC UBACS and Trousers and the exact size DNC Windrunners for my bestest battle buds. 

Sadly couldn't find any Maskpol Mapa Boonies and BDU jacket. But you can't have it all!

PXL_20230429_132912192.jpg

Edited by Asomodai

So I bought a thing at AI500... It's a very fun handful of brrrrrrrrrrrt and as soon as I bought it, another guy from our team (who also likes GBB SMGs) went in immediately and bought the other one they had. Bought two spare mags and will look for a shoulder holster for it.

image.thumb.jpeg.b1efc68a8a3b0b1337e950bcda2e0648.jpeg

Finally get to find out what all the fuss is about - I picked up a very lightly used (read: mint condition) DE M904G yesterday as part of a 'quitting airsoft' bundle for a very good price.

image.png.6e870a10579b8a38467133c3aa3fd118.png

I really like it. Shoots very nicely in my quick tests.

3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Finally get to find out what all the fuss is about - I picked up a very lightly used (read: mint condition) DE M904G yesterday as part of a 'quitting airsoft' bundle for a very good price.

Action Hobbies?

3 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

Action Hobbies?

No - local-ish to me through Discord.

Ended up buying a tonne of near-new stuff (including the gun) for £220 as a job lot. Already sold the tracer that was in the bundle (so made £65 back)- I will be posting a couple other bits up for sale over the next few days. I will be keeping most of it for myself though as it's decent enough kit (chest rig/backpack/soft and hard gun cases/kit bag/4xLiPos/Red Dot/Rail system/Weapon light) - I did pretty well out of the deal - much of it is in pretty much as-new condition.

And of course - I finally get a Double Eagle M9xx series gun to muck around with - my youngest son has claimed it his when he's old enough to play later in the year. We shall see...😉

The gun itself has been very slightly upgraded with a ZCI barrel, Prommy hop rubber and a battery extension. Gearbox has never been opened. I plan to switch the hop unit to a ZCI Plastic, maybe drop an SHS Hi-Torque motor in and call it done.

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

... Gearbox has never been opened.

You may get a nice surprise then. When I first took apart my M904E, removed the factory grease everywhere and carefully used Super Lube, I gained around 5 FPS :)

Think I managed to find the only Purple Prommy hop-up bucking in the country😂

Why are these things, which are pretty much a consumable, so hard to find in stock?

(Bonus points - it‘s at Land Warrior, about 7 miles from me (no need for postage charges)) 

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

Army Armament R85A2. Despite all the listings i've seen of this RIF saying the handguard is nylon/plastic, this one appears to be metal. Only gripe is that the sling loop got snapped during shipping. Fire-support have an ICS one in stock, chances are I can modify it to fit. Just need to get a dovetail to RIS converter so I can use optics with it, an A2 style charging handle and then it's on to internal upgrades.

IMG_20230503_140859.jpg

IMG_20230503_140910.jpg

Edited by MrTea

• Supporters

Lots of very unnecessary accessories dropped in from WGC that are giving me a lot of joy lol.

Back in late '06 I bought my first airsoft silencer which was also a copy of the KAC NT4, but it was a Classic Army rendition.  Having a CA AR I thought surely it'd fit, but it didn't, my dad took a hammer to it which essentially cold welded it on to the muzzle device when it should have been, you know.. QD.  Finally getting a good one and mounting it up all good and proper now that I (mostly) know what I'm doing is a similar feeling to being able to buy the games now that I only had the demos of as a kid and had to play through the same level over and over.

344729410_260293039792208_3213201069993526109_n.thumb.jpg.5a430a41b68134ef36c031c3392b2c3a.jpg

27 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Can't believe this little lot set me back £130....😩

352221630_Mememoneydrop.jpg.78a69c9c45c963523eeb318ea424c672.jpg

Two deliveries for me in one day, it's like it's Christmas! Except with fewer fat men in red clothes shouting about ho's.    (Disappointing, tbh)

1) A big ol' bag of Geoff's Natural Precision 0.40g BBs for my sniper and GBBR

2) This beauty, as described here
Feast your mince pies (oh, it is Christmas after all)
67002506_DEG36.thumb.jpg.3dd8f7e4bb1015ceba6a14c02a488fd8.jpg

Will my new gnu lift 0.40's, for added impact and accuracy?

(No)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

6 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Love me some Geoffs .4s 

Absolutely

Just did a test shoot with them through the VFC HK416 GBBR, tightened up the group from ~4.75" (with Warhead 0.28's) to 2.5" + one flyer (which stretched it out to 3")
Obviously most of that will be down to the heavier weight of the BBs, but they're deffo top quality!

Edit:  I did the 0.28 Warheads a little bit of a disservice, it was a 4.6" group and that had one slight flyer too - without that it's a 4" group.  Pretty decent!   But the 0.40s are appreciably better.  

Edited by RostokMcSpoons